• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition coming soon

prudislav

That wasn't published by MS on Steam though right?
O3Cpyd1.png

renzolama

I've been waiting for months to push further than 20% into this game after buying it at launch because I was expecting DLC for the last bot type etc. I'm not exactly sure why, but the thought that they're going to sit on that for months to launch it as part of a re-release rather than giving it to existing buyers when it's ready really pisses me off. Maybe I need a nap.

SimonM7

I think the bot is designed mainly to go across quicksand areas, but a speed boost would be nice for traversal for sure.

That could certainly be the case.

There's one area in particular, though, that is just ridiculously big, for, ultimately, no reason. It just kinda seemed to be there to facilitate the use of a certain bot.

But the way inventory and bot loadouts work in the game is probably my biggest problem with it, and sadly, the proposition of a bot whose use is that limited isn't especially tempting.

blakep267

The art is great. I wish it translated better into the Unity engine. I'm curious to see how it would look on Scorpio too. More than anything, though, I think the game would benefit from a bump to 60fps.
The PC version of the game really benefitted from being 60fps and better load times.

That QB retail release is nice as hell.

Excited to see what comes of this. I fell off of ReCore after getting distracted by other stuff, I hadn't yet reached a point where I burned out, so the idea of returning someday when there's possibly more to do is kind of cool.

I imagine this is an IP Microsoft wants to be successful and make sequel or two for, and I hope they do.

If the DE offers free upgrades to current owners and is reasonably priced, I can see it doing well.

PaulloDEC

I hope Microsoft do a competent job of selling this at E3. ReCore's biggest issue in my opinion was that it simply needed more time in the oven, and it seems like that's exactly what it's now gotten.

There's a terrific game under the jank, I swear.

iMerc

played the original release but never owned it, but will buy this version.
cool concept. could use some tweaks here & there, but this is def an i.p that microsoft should nourish.

I've been waiting for months to push further than 20% into this game after buying it at launch because I was expecting DLC for the last bot type etc. I'm not exactly sure why, but the thought that they're going to sit on that for months to launch it as part of a re-release rather than giving it to existing buyers when it's ready really pisses me off. Maybe I need a nap.
Wait, what? It's not even paid DLC it's exclusive to the definitive version?

Or hold on do you mean it's timed exclusive to the definitive version?

Either way is bullshit wtf

This game is a sour reminder that we shouldn't be too excited for E3. I remember people losing their minds over the reveal for this game, waiting for news for such a long time afterwards, comparing it to Portal, Borderlands and whatever.

Now it's dust in the desert just a couple of years later...

Jawmuncher

This game is a sour reminder that we shouldn't be too excited for E3. I remember people losing their minds over the reveal for this game, waiting for news for such a long time afterwards, comparing it to Portal, Borderlands and whatever.

Now it's dust in the desert just a couple of years later...

I think it's better than borderlands for sure. The budget price was nice. Was a surprise hit last year for me on pc. If this definitive edition has enough new content I'd be all over it.

Risev1

So this ain't happening or something? I really want to get the game on PC, but I heard the missing content was supposed to be coming in the definitive edition. Also, didn't they announce a new robot pal dlc back in December? Whatever happened to that?

...Also, didn't they announce a new robot pal dlc back in December? Whatever happened to that?

Yeah, the trailer for that was released on Dec 2, 2016:
https://twitter.com/joestaten/status/804860918165188608
5:32 PM - 2 Dec 2016
Big news @ReCoreGame fans. The T8-NK (or "Tank") Corebot frame is coming early 2017. Check out the trailer, below!
https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/804858337007321088
5:22 PM - 2 Dec 2016
ICYMI: See the T8NK trailer we showed during #XboxExtraLife! | #ReCore | https://www.recoregame.com/t8nk-trailer

As far as I am aware, the latest official comment is from May 19, 2017:
https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/865689519890210816
3:03 PM - 19 May 2017 
Definitely not dead! Thanks for your patience while the team continues to work on T8-NK, HDR and more content.
https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/865688757730549760
3:00 PM - 19 May 2017 
Thanks for your patience. When we have more to announce, we'll be sharing it here. :)

This gets a 4K/HDR definitive edition but Sunset Overdrive is consigned to the scrapheap and never to be spoken about or referenced again.

If there was ever a game to sell 4K, it's Sunset Overdrive. Just imagine those colourful vistas, epic explosions and particles in glorious 4K.

This gets a 4K/HDR definitive edition but Sunset Overdrive is consigned to the scrapheap and never to be spoken about or referenced again.

If there was ever a game to sell 4K, it's Sunset Overdrive. Just imagine those colourful vistas, epic explosions and particles in glorious 4K.
I believe SO was on those list of games being updated for the X.

So still no news on the Recore stuff at E3? Kind of ridiculous.

Izuna

Banned
HDR means nothing for the Windows Store because they don't support it.

How about an update so the PC version isn't a mess? ;(

Weird. Since they're seemingly putting a lot of time/work into fixing the game, gives hope that they see a future for the franchise. Maybe they'll announce a sequel alongside the release.

Gestault

https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/875075390968131585

So months away ? what thee hell are they doing ? It cant be only the missing tank right ?!

My guess is they have a skeleton crew compared to normal development staffing, so it's progressing (and they're probably the people who still have the most emotional investment in it), but very slowly as a result.

On a related note, I hate seeing this thread title coming up, because I think it's a new announcement.

im_dany

I sold the game when it became too grindy for my tastes. They need to include the cut content and fix the controls if they want me back in.

Months? Oh come on, maybe they have a small team working on it but they risk people who were waiting, losing interest and just moving on. It's another example of them bumbling something.

It's a shame what's happened to this game, I can see a lot of potential in it. Great leading character, charming robot allies, cool setting and story, what it needed was more polished visuals, better waypoint system and a bit more variety in the mission structure.

If by some miracle we get a sequel then I hope it's given more polish across the board. If done right this could be a successful IP for Microsoft.

Top Bottom