• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC DLC!!! (Play as Vergil)

Onemic

LOL day one DLC. This is the future neogaf. unlockable shit that you have to pay for instead of actually unlocking it in the game.

ultron87

Thanks for complaining enough so that this won't be on the disc you guys. Now it'll be stuck on my hard drive forever if it ends up being something I want to play.

V_Arnold

Jesus christ, the gameplay with Vergil is going to be AWESOME.
Day friggin one, paid or not.

Please buy at full price on launch day, but also buy this DLC. Don't do that thing where you wait for cut/bomba prices and then get it and the DLC for the price it should be from the beginning. That would be bad. Do not use you brain, consumer. We are banking on this! Please!

Uhm, what? Any proper hack'n'slash game could be priced at $70 from the get go, it would still contain at least 50+ hours of gameplay - which is more than enough for that amount of money. It is also optional... but okay. It is Capcom, after all.

Wait this DLC is a preorder bonus?
None of the images work at work so i'm going off what's said in the thread.
If so then it makes sense indeed to reveal it now.

"So, when will this awesome additional content be available, and for how much? Good questions; it's coming post-launch, but we haven't finalized a date yet; and it will cost you only 720 MSPoints or $8.99.
However, if you pre-order it from GameStop (U.S.A.) or EBGames (Canada), you'll get Vergil's Downfall for FREE!"

source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...ownfall---the-untold-chapter-in-the-dmc-story

Dahbomb was right

LOL Ezekiel

I am telling you guys PC version is going to be the way to go.

60fps
Vergil playable
Full Bloody Palace
Extra DLC secret missions
All costumes including OG Dante
Taunts
Turbo mode
LDK mode

2 things already crossed off Dahbomb's list (assuming the PC version will be 60fps) LOL

And to be fair Ezekiel agreed that Vergil DLC would appear but thought it would be after the PC version for some reason which is kinda LOL given how these companies seem to spit out DLC quickly

He's not available in the launch version, and I doubt he would be in the PC version at launch too, but I think they will eventually release a Vergil DLC at some point. If Enslaved is an indication, we'll see a unique scenario with him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Why are people assuming this is a pre-order bonus? I feel like they would have mentioned that in the press release if that were the case.

So new take on DMC franchise, but it seems like...Virigl's story won't change much? (I assume the title and him being in hell allude to him being a bad guy...if the trailers with him didn't give that away).

Honestly it doesn't look bad, but man there is like no impact/feeling in any of his hits, the same for Dante but to a lesser extent.

Gbraga

Man that gameplay looks AMAZING.

Holy shit.

Please make it a pre-order bonus through PSN as well, I don't have access to any of those stores.

2 things already crossed off Dahbomb's list (assuming the PC version will be 60fps) LOL

And to be fair Ezekiel agreed that vergil DLC would appear but thought it would be after the PC version for some reason which is kinda LOL given how these companies seem to spit out DLC quickly

It was already confirmed. The port is being handled by the same folks who did SSF IV AE for PC.

Capcom, how can you expect me to keep defending you if your gonna pull shit like this?

I can say RE6 is an acquired taste, but how the hell can DLC announcements over 2 months before release be justified?

:/

Wow they are really ruining a series that used to be awesome. Oh well, glad their is Platinum Games now and they are working with Nintendo ^_^

ezekial45

Banned
And to be fair Ezekiel agreed that Vergil DLC would appear but thought it would be after the PC version for some reason which is kinda LOL given how these companies seem to spit out DLC quickly

Fine, I'll own up to that one - but everything else stands. This isn't going to be out at launch, and it's going to be a unique scenario.

ezekial45

Banned
Man, you're trying so hard to call out old DMC games whenever you can get the chance. You seem so bitter towards the older games. 0_0

You do realize that Capcom would DLC the hell out of DMC5, right? This isn't some that developer has control over. This is Capcom, afterall.

Don't act like the original series was somehow above all this.

Carbonox

Hopefully they announce soon where you can get it for free from UK stores, preorder-wise. Better not be fucking GAME though. Or Gamestop.

Ban Puncher

giHOW.gif

Elginer

That's some nice fan service bonus right there. If anything that will help sell a few copies. I'm already said but a nice bonus.

Meanwhile in Bayonetta land... we got three unlockable characters, not to mention everything else that would have been DLC in that game were it not for Kamiya and his team being godlike.

AppleMIX

I'm just going to assume that this is not on disc until proven otherwise.

I really have no issue with giving the first DLC away for free to pre-orders.

Ein Bear

Letting consoles connect to the internet was like developing the nuclear bomb.

Yeah we can play online with our friends, which is fun.

But at what cost?

Gbraga

Meanwhile in Bayonetta land... we got three unlockable characters, not to mention everything else that would have been DLC in that game were it not for Kamiya and his team being godlike.

To be fair Bayonetta's characters were not even close to a DMC character when it come to how unique they are. In Bayonetta they were pretty much skins, which DmC will also have, and so did DMC3.

Any DLC planned for Revengeance? Just curious.

Gray Fox skin as a Limited Edition DLC

Fine, I'll own up to that one - but everything else stands. This isn't going to be out at launch, and it's going to be a unique scenario.

if launch means the entire game then i could agree on that since when its out the DLC wont be available but i could see them adding it for the PC launch tbh as it would add "value" to the package (but that's assuming the timeframe be between the console version and PC version will be decent enough and the DLC is in there somewhere)

The new scenario sounds interesting though unless its one of those lets see what vergil was doing at the point dante was doing shit in the actual game

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
OP should probably include the info that it's free with pre-order at Gamestop so some subsection of people who hate DLC won't have to complain.

Capcom, how can you expect me to keep defending you if your gonna pull shit like this?

I can say RE6 is an acquired taste, but how the hell can DLC announcements over 2 months before release be justified?

:/

Pre-release DLC announcements increase sales and they're advertising a pre-order partnership with Gamestop to get it free so they need to announce it before people that want the game pre order it elsewhere.

Also, Vergil's combat looks way smoother than Dante's.

So you aren't going to buy a game because they are making you preorder to get free DLC that let's you go through brand new stages as a new character?
If its handled the way the catwoman dlc was on Arkham city, then yes. I would bet you can play with Virgil by paying for him if you buy the game later. I think that's bullshit. And Capcom has been one of the worst developers out there when it comes to dlc. So yeah, they can eat a dick. I'm not gonna support this shit.

Once again, pulling shit that used to just be a part of previous games in the series out so you can sell it separately. Vomit all over my shoes.

Top Bottom