• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

mdsfx

I'm in the same boat as you. I get that so many people love it but I just don't see...how...?
Well since my "mini-bulks" don't seem to do anything for my size, the way I see it is that if someone like Brolic tries to fuck me up, I might have a slight chance of survival if I just run like hell for a really long time.

Bsigg12

I hit a 500lb squat for the first time in my life today.

Next goal is to build up to a 450lb raw squat. I peak at about 430 right now.

BumRush

Well since my "mini-bulks" don't seem to do anything for my size, the way I see it is that if someone like Brolic tries to fuck me up, I might have a slight chance of survival if I just run like hell for a really long time.

Lol you and psycho are on a whole other level though.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Man guys, this winter out west in the sierras is draining all my motovation. Still hanging in there but my diet has been dog shit. You hit 700 yet Brolic?

Ok right on, No issues on my end.Good job! Its just that Raw means the lack of Squat/Dead Suit, and Bench Shirt so I get confused sometimes when people use it differently.
Most federation or maybe not mosr consider raw to not use suits or wraps. Sleeves and belt and wrist strap is fine. I wouldn't call it raw squat. Just beltless squat

Didn't work out last week. Back to it this week doing 5x5 strong lifts. Added 10-15 minutes of hiit cardio(1 minute rest, 30 seconds as hard as I can go).

My legs are dead lol

Marz

You don't always get sore. Your body might be used to it, do you feel anything like a pump with the muscles being worked?

I feel it a little bit, I can't really think of anything I do that would be similar to that exercise. Possibly lifted too light I only put 25's on the bar since I wanted to concentrate on getting the form right for my first time.

Lol you and psycho are on a whole other level though.

He's got a bit more muscle than me. I'm pretty damn wiry. lol

Related... half a kg until this cut is over. Don't think I'll be doing a proper bulk this year as I'm going to have to keep my weight low for cycling events. Hoping for an ultra slow bulk / recomp.

Natural

Didn't work out last week. Back to it this week doing 5x5 strong lifts. Added 10-15 minutes of hiit cardio(1 minute rest, 30 seconds as hard as I can go).

My legs are dead lol

I started doing hiit again a few weeks ago, doing the same 30/60 split as you atm, then going to move on to 30/45 split next next week.

Not a fan of cardio but at least with hiit thank god it's over in 15-20mins.

Szu

Until Brolic starts throwing heavy objects at you.

I'm going to try intermittent fasting (16/8 i.e. skipping breakfast).

I usually take an allergy pill (allegra) and an adderall first thing in the morning. How do pills affecting the fasting period?

was gonna stick to a cal deficit today, but i got invited to tag along to this amazing grilled cheese and craft beer restaurant....so.... im gonna eat the grilled cheese

despire

I'm going to try intermittent fasting (16/8 i.e. skipping breakfast).

I usually take an allergy pill (allegra) and an adderall first thing in the morning. How do pills affecting the fasting period?

Well they don't break your fast if that's what you're asking. But if your meds should be taken with food then it might be a problem.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty hyped for the Switch for it what it means for my cardio sessions. The #1 thing I found that helps get me through cardio is gaming, but it's near impossible to play anything outside of like... Hearthstone and other card games.

I think stationary bike cardio + Switch is gonna be a dream cause I can have my hands at my side and play comfortably. 1 hour cycling sessions, let's go!

y'all i can do bodyweight chin ups now. kinda mad I didn't start training lats intensely until Candito, I could've been doing chin ups months ago! also my deadlift increased by 15 pounds in 6 weeks

Do any of y'all take L-citrulline? Considering taking it for prework out. I was wondering if it has any bad side effects (too much energy or can't sleep at night) that kinda thing. I was looking at the 1200mg in pill form or is that too much?

GrapeApes

^yup! starting a new cycle of Candito on Monday. I've really enjoyed the high frequency in the first few weeks - I just like going to the gym lol
Candito has been my go to program for a while. The only thing I don't like is the bench work. Stalled so just substituted it out for a different bench program.

My projected 1rm is now 375 on squats. 5lbs lower than last time I tried but that was probably a fluke when I was fatter lol. I think I had another one but some guy wanted to spot me so I freaked out and stopped after 3 reps at 355

Cooter

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty hyped for the Switch for it what it means for my cardio sessions. The #1 thing I found that helps get me through cardio is gaming, but it's near impossible to play anything outside of like... Hearthstone and other card games.

I think stationary bike cardio + Switch is gonna be a dream cause I can have my hands at my side and play comfortably. 1 hour cycling sessions, let's go!
I found one today with out a preorder. Zelda is freaking amazing.

mdsfx

You guys play videogames?! Pffffft, losers...
I miss playing. Any extra non-family time I have goes to reading up or browsing for gear I can't afford :(

y'all i can do bodyweight chin ups now. kinda mad I didn't start training lats intensely until Candito, I could've been doing chin ups months ago! also my deadlift increased by 15 pounds in 6 weeks

You know what you must do next:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000FGU7OI/

I found one today with out a preorder. Zelda is freaking amazing.

Man I've been waiting on my pre-order to ship and you got one without even trying lol. You must live in a place where scalpers are scarce or something.

Cooter

Man I've been waiting on my pre-order to ship and you got one without even trying lol. You must live in a place where scalpers are scarce or something.
I just got lucky. Every place I called was out. Then I called RC Willey and they had 6. The truck was delayed and just arrived 30 minutes ago. #winning

ok i'm posting a lot but I just made pretty awesome protein pancakes that are v macro friendly

3 tablespoon Coconut flour
1/2 scoop Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate
3 egg whites
1/2 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoon stevia
1/4 tablespoon sunflower oil
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

makes 4 small/medium pancakes, or 2 large pancakes
326 cal, 8g fat, 28g carb, 8g fiber, 33g protein

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man guys, this winter out west in the sierras is draining all my motovation. Still hanging in there but my diet has been dog shit. You hit 700 yet Brolic?

Nah, 635 is the highest right now both in gym and competition. Was gonna go for 650 last week but pulled my groin warming up. Nothing serious.

Until Brolic starts throwing heavy objects at you.

You guys are funny.

OldMan

Banned
Workout could have been better, could have been worse. My basic rule of thumb for rep count is if I miss any or lose count, shit... do another.

Beth Cyra

Heya peeps what is the recommendation moving from Bulking to Cutting Reps Vs Weight count?

Ive done plenty of research and I know that its best to do higher reps, lower weights and restrict calories to burn the fat, reduce the muscle loss and really cut.

Since coming in and asking for food advice I've actually gone up nearly 22 lbs, however I have put on a ton of muscle and I have veins popping all over my body and several excercises have gone way up in what I can produce.

However moving into a new term at school and everything I want to reduce the chance at stress eating and by staying going back towards what I use to do seems like a good idea, I just don't know how much I should reduce my weights that I lift to keep myself in the range of acceptable but not to lite.

Sorry if this is confusing. I've seen a billion Cutting Routines TM but not very many talk about how much you should reduce from Bulking/Strengthening to ensure you don't go to lite.

Edit : Not sure it if would matter, went to the a Nutrition store and had them do my statistics on their machine and my read out is 23.7 LBS of Fat and 13% overall body fat.

I would like to cut it down to the 8-9% range if possible.

mdsfx

Just FYI - I don't think it's supposed to be healthy for women to be as low as 8%. I would at least read up on it if you haven't already. Getting your body fat too low is not only very hard to sustain, but it can apparently create hormonal imbalances and make you feel like crap.

KillerBEA

Just FYI - I don't think it's supposed to be healthy for women to be as low as 8%. I would at least read up on it if you haven't already. Getting your body fat too low is not only very hard to sustain, but it can apparently create hormonal imbalances and make you feel like crap.

8% is even low for most men/boys and women need to carry a slightly higher percentage than their male counterparts

Beth Cyra

Hmm good point.

I'm just trying to prep for some skin removal from when I was super heavy weight so I want to go in in tip top condition as I will be out of gym for a good during recovery.

ILoveBish

It's been weeks, but got 2 teeth pulled, was forced to take medication for the first time in years due to pain and antibiotics.

I finally started lifting again. I restarted this 3/5/1 session and got 4 reps on the joker set, so I'm back to where I was but it felt hard. My body is just not as strong as before all this medication. I'm going to eat plenty and hit it hard.

All this switch talk is interesting. I sent mine back to Amazon, absolutely hated the system. I barely have time to play anything anyway, so I'll stick with my older systems.

Ugh, new injury is going to knock me out for a while.

Cervical Radiculopathy. Pinch nerve near the base of my neck.

The worst symptom is the numbness in my right arm.

tumblr_nuqn64nepE1qzpn6vo2_500.gif

That sucks man. Hope you recover quick.

Big crash mountain biking...

...but was wearing full on body armour because my rib still isn't fully healed. Net result, just a bruised thigh.

FUCK YOU INJURY GODS.

mdsfx

Big crash mountain biking...

...but was wearing full on body armour because my rib still isn't fully healed. Net result, just a bruised thigh.

FUCK YOU INJURY GODS.
Holy crap. Sounds like you're extremely lucky that a bruise is all you ended up with. Glad you are relatively OK, other than being totally psychotic.

Top Bottom