• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of the best "first posts" in NeoGAF history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you all know, the first post in NeoGAF threads is like riding a bike - you just never forget. Some say that they're anomalies, or not of this world. We've seen good and bad first posts, but 99.99% of the time they're spot-on and can derail an entire thread. So, I raise a question for the ladies of gentlemen of NeoGAF: what is the best first post you've seen in any topic on GAF? What is the worst?

Boom.
Headshot.
/thread.
First post nails it again.
First post never fails.

And all that jazz.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I remember someone posting a OT thread in the Gaming section about a US prisoner in Iran and how there were good chances of him getting out of jail

first reply was "Release date?"

by far the best first reply I've seen so far

along with some topic about old women having a strong sex drive and the first reply being a picture of one of those 18th century airplane prototypes

Not Exactly "FIRST" post, but there was a thread about xbox one ranking 1st on Germany's Amazon top sellers and the second post was something like "They're used to atrocities anyways".

Sooooo close, lol.

EDIT: FOUND THE LINK!

FreeMufasa

1st posts are annoying. OP writes a great augment or some shit and first post is always "no". That or the first few rushin to be first.

Manz usually skips until post 10

1st posts are annoying. OP writes a great augment or some shit and first post is always "no". That or the first few rushin to be first.

Manz usually skips until post 10
Sometimes lightning in a bottle is on display. More often than not it's just a miserable dash to be first. Then there's a page of "first post nails it!" no matter the mediocrity.

The thread talking about how Bill Gates thought the Xbone was amazing and the first post was "Well, Bill Gates has always been charitable."

Tuck

Gaming side had a lot of really good ones in response to the Xbox One recently. There was one comparing it to Big Brother that was very well received.

venom2124

Best one I remember was for a new backstreet boys (or similar boy band) release. The post read something like cool, I'll tell my little sister. I still laugh when I think about it.

feel

Epic first posts are great but I wish mods didn't allow for the threads to become about them. So annoying to see interesting OPs being ignored in favor of endless praise for that first reply. When I see a good thread title, I now enter the thread hoping the first reply is not great, so I can actually read replies about the topic.

Eidan

Epic first posts are great but I wish mods didn't allow for the threads to become about them. So annoying to see interesting OPs being ignored in favor of endless praise for that first reply. When I see a good thread title, I now enter the thread hoping the first reply is not great, so I can actually read replies about the topic.

You want mods to start dropping the ban hammer for commenting on a post in a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom