• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So is this legit? Is it confirmed yet or is the trolling still going?

Who's to say where the trolling ends, and where the game begins?

No damn clue. Too damn meta. Hodfarg, scamco, tales of unreleased, hopeless springs eternal, etc etc.

RPGCrazied

Well, lets all hope we get something else tomorrow. Day 2 of hints? I don't know what game Namco is playing, but I'll play along.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Reading all through this, I'm not sure if I should be scared or amazed by the Tales fans.

Datschge

LiquidMetal14 said:
And I'm sorry but this thing regarding Wii controls being better is not so right. Both standard and Wiimote interfaces can be fine but we all played Tales on handhelds and consoles forever now, there is nothing better about Wiimote controls over something like Vesperia or Legandia. These games are not heavily dependant on motion like a more dedicated motion based game.
Did you read any of the previous posts?

Graces on Wii doesn't use any of the Wiimote's special abilities (neither pointing nor waggle), it's simply more comfortable since the hands can move freely and evading is arguably more intuitive with the mapping on the nunchuck alone. That's all the difference.

Ydahs

Sadist said:
Yeah, Dawn of the New World's batte system with the Wiimote/nunchuk was pretty slick imo.
Which reminds me, I still haven't bought it D:

I know it's not meant to be stellar, but hey, I enjoyed Legendia and many thought that wasn't too swell. Should be dirt cheap to import right about now.

Reknoc

Ydahs said:

I know it's not meant to be stellar, but hey, I enjoyed Legendia and many thought that wasn't too swell. Should be dirt cheap to import right about now.

The game itself is pretty fun, it's just everything else that's attached to it.

Just remember that courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

Link Man

Banned
ULTROS! said:
Reading all through this, I'm not sure if I should be scared or amazed by the Tales fans.
Kick logic to the curb and strive for the impossible! Believe in the Tales fans who believe in you!

Varth

Is this better than Vesperia? I came to be pretty hyped about that game, only to see hopes shattered by NB.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
LiquidMetal14 said:
I don't care what they bring over as long as one of them is the PS3 version. I will buy it for Wii as well to show support. That's how worked up this has me and I NEVER double dip. But this needs to be at least the PS3 version due to the enhancements and better visuals.

And I'm sorry but this thing regarding Wii controls being better is not so right. Both standard and Wiimote interfaces can be fine but we all played Tales on handhelds and consoles forever now, there is nothing better about Wiimote controls over something like Vesperia or Legandia. These games are not heavily dependant on motion like a more dedicated motion based game. RPG's in general work like they should on a pad. Just because you are used to the motion controls for these RPG's, it doesn't make them better control wise. And to not want the feature complete HD PS3 version due to that is criminal. Unless you have no PS3.
Graces doesn't use motion controls on the Wii.

Reknoc said:
The game itself is pretty fun, it's just everything else that's attached to it.

Just remember that courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
*groan*

Dawn of th eNew World also has the problem that every enemy has too much HP. it takes too long to kill enemies.

heringer

Ydahs said:

I liked quite a bit. I think it's one of the best battle systems in the series so far, with a lot of enphasis on aerial combos. I also liked that you can recruit and evolve monsters, thought it was a nice change of pace for a Tales game. Controls feels great too.

That said, it's not very polished. While some cutscenes can look great due to motion capture, everything else looks subpar. It's also short compared to previous games (20~30 hours) and there's no world map exploration (I actually think this improved the pacing, but most people hated it).

As for the story... well, it's a Tales game. There's a lot of fan service if you played the first Symphonia, and there's one particular twist that I really liked.

Varth said:
Is this better than Vesperia? I came to be pretty hyped about that game, only to see hopes shattered by NB.

As it said earlier in the thread... Vesperia had the better Story \ Characters \ World \ Music... and ToG had the better battle system.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GaimeGuy said:
Graces doesn't use motion controls on the Wii.

*groan*

Dawn of th eNew World also has the problem that every enemy has too much HP. it takes too long to kill enemies.
Thank you for correcting me as I wasn't being very specific. I meant that referring to using the Wii control scheme and controllers themselves. Now, I have played Tales on Wii and it plays great. It just doesn't feel any better or like it should be that way over something like a 360 controller or DS3.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
LiquidMetal14 said:
Thank you for correcting me as I wasn't being very specific. I meant that referring to using the Wii control scheme and controllers themselves. Now, I have played Tales on Wii and it plays great. It just doesn't feel any better or like it should be that way over something like a 360 controller or DS3.
I think a lot of people just prefer it because it feels exactly the same, but you have more freedom with your hands thanks to the nunchuk and the wiimote not being one piece of plastic

Varth

The Praiseworthy said:
As it said earlier in the thread... Vesperia had the better Story \ Characters \ World \ Music... and ToG had the better battle system.

Care to elaborate? I remember getting hype about Vesperia exactly for the battle system. Why is this better?

Varth said:
Care to elaborate? I remember getting hype about Vesperia exactly for the battle system. Why is this better?

Team Destiny is well known for it's good battle system.

edit: oh I didn't play ToV or ToG... so those who played both might help you better :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GaimeGuy said:
I think a lot of people just prefer it because it feels exactly the same, but you have more freedom with your hands thanks to the nunchuk and the wiimote not being one piece of plastic
You're right. It doesn't tie up your hands to one sole piece. I do prefer the extra buttons on your defacto 360/PS3 controllers but the Wii or Move bring a nice change that you otherwise would not have appreciated as much.

FSLink

Banned
heringer said:
I liked quite a bit. I think it's one of the best battle systems in the series so far, with a lot of enphasis on aerial combos. I also liked that you can recruit and evolve monsters, thought it was a nice change of pace for a Tales game. Controls feels great too.

That said, it's not very polished. While some cutscenes can look great due to motion capture, everything else looks subpar. It's also short compared to previous games (20~30 hours) and there's no world map exploration (I actually think this improved the pacing, but most people hated it).

As for the story... well, it's a Tales game. There's a lot of fan service if you played the first Symphonia, and there's one particular twist that I really liked.
A lot of the problems people had with DotNW is that it's really a spinoff, so less budget, less time, and people went in expecting a fully fledged sequel to Symphonia.
Battle system was all right, but it was really loose compared to Abyss', and the aerial combat was nowhere near the greatness as Destiny's remake.
I enjoyed it though, was probably the best spinoff the series had until Narikiri Dungeon X came out.

And the motion capture was a nice change, it sucked that Vesperia didn't use it. :(

The Praiseworthy said:
Team Destiny is well known for it's good battle system.

edit: oh I didn't play ToV or ToG... so those who played both might help you better :)
The big thing is the CC system over TP. Instead of having to use orange gels or mash attack over and over to regain TP, you have a bar in Graces that refills. Sidestepping is a lot more fun than Free Run is (in my opinion anyway), and feels like a better natural progression of the Linear Motion Battle System Tales is famous for.
Also different artes on the attack button in Graces instead of a generic attack move in Vesperia makes for a bit better variety. :D
Mystic Artes are short and to the point in Graces as well, and better animation overall (even the post battle scenes are a lot better animated.)

RPGCrazied

They messed with the Logo again. Lol

blueberry.png

I think they just want us to know, or at least the new people to know, it wasn't Tales related?

StuBurns

Banned
I watched a trailer early, I think the PS3 version of this looks graphically better than Xillia. Very impressive.

EDIT: To be clear, a Japanese trailer.

RPGCrazied said:

blueberry.png

I think they just want us to know, or at least the new people to know, it wasn't Tales related?

There are Pac-Man ghosts in that.

Pac-Man Kart Puzzle Challenge confirmed.

Canova

Banned
RPGCrazied said:

blueberry.png

or could this be the second image on top of the first one or second part of the game

Negator

RPGCrazied said:
It *was* the Graces F logo before, right? Oh man, that would be so not cool if its something else entirely.

I think that would be the most ultimately elaborate and ridiculous effort any company ever to troll their customers.

Then again, Namco Bandai

androvsky

Part of that new logo really looks like Strong Bad's face, can't unsee it.

edit: and there's definitely some un-warped character art on the left side, but it's headless. Costume makes it look like it's from a fighting game, or an old beat-em-up.

RPGCrazied

You can still see the words from Tales. They're trying so hard, bless them. I wish they could just get on with it already, though, I'm sure Scamo set a date and he can't change it.

Jerk

Banned
Seda said:
All Tales' battle systems are great.

Nay.

A couple of the tales battle systems are great (Rebirth, Graces, Hearts, Destiny, Destiny 2).

Most are average (Phantasia, Abyss, Vesperia, Symphonia, Eternia, etc).

Jerk 2.0 said:
Nay.

A couple of the tales battle systems are great (Rebirth, Graces, Hearts, Destiny, Destiny 2).

Most are average (Phantasia, Abyss, Vesperia, Symphonia, Eternia, etc).

You're average è_é

fates

There's a lot of Pacman in that image. The ghosts are visible in the middle right towards the bottom. There's also patterns of the tablets (?) you ate in Pacman spread around it.

Not a big Tales fan, but damn, yesterday's logo was beyond a shadow of a doubt Tales of Graces F... if they really used that to hype a new Pacman game... just, wow. They'll win the "dick of the year" award, and it's only January.

More likely though, I think this is an attempt to stretch this schtick out, since they pretty much blew the cover with yesterday's "distortion".

RPGCrazied

jling84 said:
I hope they announce both Vesperia and Graces. Maybe packed in Vesperia with purchase of Graces!

That would never happen. They don't have a lot of money these days, they can't localize 2 Tales games. I'd want them to though.

Quixzlizx

jling84 said:
I hope they announce both Vesperia and Graces. Maybe packed in Vesperia with purchase of Graces!

Yeah, right. They're more likely to somehow release the Wii version on PS3, and then sell the added stuff as DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom