• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you've purchased, but haven't had the urge to play

I’ve owned red dead redemption for well over a year. I’m on my final third of the game finally. But I have no idea what’s going on in the story. I maybe go back to it once a month if that...

Also I have huge pile of free games from ps plus and Xbox gold that hardly ever get touched

KORNdoggy

Lost legacy. No fault of the game, i just randomly decided to play through all the uncharted games again before hand, half through U4 atm. But this will be next

Rise of the tomb raider. Got if for £15 2 months ago but struggling to find the motivation, i just don't think it looks all that fun and only really bought it because i'm a completionist.

Prey. Got it for £10 and havn't even opened the plastic wrapping. I'll get to this soon, but the poor ps4 performance hasn,t exactly made me want to rush to play it.

Quantum break. Got it for £6 and still wrapped
Gears 4. Got it for £10 still wrapped
Rare collection, halo 5, forza horizon 2/3 i got 2 christmases ago along with the xbone and havn't touched any of them, all still wrapped.

I'll get around to them all eventually. But priority is uncharted and prey, which i'll play after lost legacy.

Mass effect andromeda-played the boring ass intro and never played it again.

I have like every Ultima game but never bothered touching the games

I remember i used to beat every single game I have but now I struggle to beat half of them but when a game is great and utterly fantastic i never put it down, i finish it within a week.

WizdogC

Neo Member
Bought Unfinished Swan after playing What Remains of Edith Finch but haven't actually started it.

Bought Yakuza Kiwami but started my second playthrough of Yakuza 0 and now I need to finish the second playthrough before I feel "right" starting up Kiwami.

Doesn't completely count but I started Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice a week and a half ago but haven't gotten back to it yet. Hopefully this upcoming weekend.

Ex-Psych

Ys 2, Ys origin, Ys oath.

Steam sale.

Trails of the starry sky SC.

what's stopping me from playing it is that I forgot almost everything about the first game and so far haven't found a good summary for the FC.

And my biggest shame, The Last Story.

Bought and sold it 3 times, never got past the city hub. If you ask me why, I wouldn't have a satisfactory answer, it just didn't click.

Coolness

Bravely Default. I played the demo, then bought it. I just never had an urge to begin playing and then I got caught up with other games.

Dirt 4, most recently. I played maybe 2 hours and never looked back again. Game seemed great, but I was in the midst of a hardcore Final Fantasy XIV addiction just as I picked up my preorder. Ever since that addiction died down and I'm finding myself awaiting the next major content patch in October, I've found myself preoccupied by several other games and still haven't really returned.

PixelatedBookake

I bought Hollow Knight and I've heard endless hype for it, but haven't got around to it yet. I still need to play Uncharted 3, FFX & FF X-2, and The Witcher 3. It's gonna be a while.

Stealth backlogs thread?

I'm ceasing all my purchases and focusing on finishing my unfinished games right now and it's going great! Enjoying my purchases very much.

Going for For Honour next.

mnemonicj

I try to keep my backlog to a minimum, but it's tough to do so. I currently have the Witcher 3, Nier Automata, and Horizon Zero Dawn waiting for my attention.

Rainbow Six Siege is too much fun to think about anything else right now.

The Last Guardian
Tides of Numenara
Virginia
2064: Read Only Memories

For me my problem is that it takes time to get into the groove of a game and I hate that initial period before it clicks unless it’s a game I’ve been highly anticipating.

bobawesome

I bought Final Fantasy XII Remastered for some reason. I unwrapped it, flipped the cover, put it in my PS4, and it sat there for two months.

I also have no idea why I bought Tokyo Xanadu. Once I got to the school parts I immediately lost interest.

SoulUnison

Banned
I bought Madworld and No More Heroes 2 for the Wii years ago.

No More Heroes 2 got maybe 30 minutes of playtime, and Madworld has never been out of its case.

kaos.

I have 150+ games on gog,70+ on steam and 30+ on PSstore... What I'm playing: nothing.
How many of them I played: 10 or less.
Yesterday I pre-ordered Cuphead (in order to support the developers) but no one knows when I will play it (and if I will play it).
Shame on me.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it... There are also some Amiga/psx/ps2/GameCube/Xbox/Dreamcast games that I bought MANY years ago and I haven't played yet. -_-"

WITHE1982

Too many to list TBH.

Noteable mentions go to:

Yakuza 0: Bought it for £30 after listening to so much hype but every time I go to start it I find something else to play. I'm sure it's incredible but so far I've not really had the urge to play it.

Dragon Age Inquisition: I've had the GOTY edition installed for a year but keep hearing it's just a poor mans Witcher 3, with boring environments and a run of the mill story. That and I haven't got 100 hours to invest in it.

The Banner Saga: Loved the art style yet I just detest RTS and turn based games. Only paid £6 though. I will try it out sometime.... maybe

Trine 1, 2 AND 3:
They've just been sitting there for months. Bought them in a sale and not really interested at all.

I've lots more but they're on the back burner purely due to lack of free time to play them.

Ascheroth

Yeah, a few 100s in my Steam library. Though I also don't plan on playing a lot of those at all, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I play all the games I buy at release or with light discounts though, aka my 'important purchases'.
With bundles I'm usually content if I play 1 or 2 games from them and then leave the rest that look interesting for 'later' (heh, as if I'd ever have time) and the others I just don't care about.

pa22word

I've just accepted the reality that at least a quarter of my steam library is never going to be finished if I live to be 120.

Right out of school I got some money for the first time and just bought everything that popped up on steam sales because why the fuck not. It took me a few years to realize that time had become my most important resource when it comes to games over money at the end of the day, and I went about a full year and a half only buying like 10 games on steam all of which I beat or played enough of that I had my fill. Then I did some math and figured out that while I spent more per game, I spent less overall and got more out of each game than I did when I was mathewmcconoilmoneytime.jpg on everything that was 5 bones and looked interesting and splurging on every humble bundle that popped up.

I've also learned that remasters are usually a waste of money, especially for modern games aaa games that feature very little systemic depth. Probably one of my most regrettable purchases in the new gen was Last of Us remastered. It's not a bad game at all, it's just that I spent like 3 hours on it and was bored to tears because I was just going through the motions on a game that was just the same as it was when I played it the night it came out on ps3, just prettier.

So yeah, I'm a ton more stingy now. But those early years aren't getting caught back up. Especially the humble games. For real guys, I don't even look at the humble bundle anymore. Doesn't matter if they're offering 12 gsmes for 15 bones if I'll only ever have time to really play one or two of them, and at that price I probably could have gotten those two games I actually wanted cheaper ala cart on a normal sale.

anddo0

Quite a few, the latest and most notable:

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Gears of War 4
Deus Ex: MKD
Hitman
Prey
Batman AK
Banished
Soma
Pillars of Eternity
Oxenfree
Kingdom New Lands

^^All on PC

I've been sale hoarding and really need to dig into some of these. I also have a few remakes/remasters on PS4 that I need to play (GOW3, Beyond: Two Souls)

pa22word

Quite a few, the latest and most notable:

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Gears of War 4
Deus Ex: MKD
Hitman
Prey
Batman AK
Banished
Soma
Pillars of Eternity
Oxenfree
Kingdom New Lands

^^All on PC

I've been sale hoarding and really need to dig into some of these. I also have a few remakes/remasters on PS4 that I need to play (GOW3, Beyond: Two Souls)

I felt regret the moment I bought ak. I knew I was burned out on Batman, but it was like 8 bones. Played like 5 hours of it and never went back. City all over again (again) with tank gameplay hacked on top...yay

Top Bottom