• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blaze puts Tomi Lahren show on hold after she voiced 'pro-choice' stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

Some posts are suggesting that the Republican party are hypocritical in their stances. While they are officially, let's be real, the Republican party is not actually a conservative small-government party anymore. And a lot of their voterbase are okay with that in practice because politics to them is a team sport with an us-them dynamic, and you've got to stick with your team no matter what.

norm9

She's angling for another job. Trying to branch out since there's only so much to be made from a fringe white population.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Interesting. Taking a quick glance at her Twitter page, it looks like Tomi isn't backing down from her comments, saying she "misspoke" or whatever. Gotta give the little luftwaffle credit for that, at least.

commedieu

Banned
Her answer says a lot. She has sense, and knows what she is doing. Just forgot that the hate money coming in, hates her too, for being a woman. You don't step out of line with this and the Republican party.

Lkr

The thing that gets me is that she is a staunch opponent of feminism but I highly doubt her show gets suspended if she were a man.

She already has the Fox News female anchor "look" so I'm pretty sure she'll end up there eventually.

This is just setting her up to have a "change of heart" after Jesus told her we can't keep killing innocent babies. The conservatives will eat it up and her show will get millions of views from fox news grandpas who get hard watching her talk about terrorist refugees, rioter thugs, and the smug liberal elite.

She knows how her bread is buttered.

Terrible people can be victims of institutional problems. I can't be bothered to give a shit if she is, but the point stands.
Doesn't change that fact that white feminist shouldn't cape for her.

CWTNzhlU4AA5Tuh.jpg

Source

I almost want to say that her and Glenn are doing a worked shoot to get more subscribers to the Blaze. Can you tell I watch too much wrestling?

Actually, Beck's reasoning for punishing her was because she used this abortion stance to work her audience. He wants it to come from a place of authenticity, not to stir up ratings and attention, which he claims she is doing.

So what? If a black republican kills someone and the justice system treats him worse because he is black, that is still wrong, regardless of his personal obliviousness to the problem.

And if that black republican constantly attacks efforts to correct injustices that individual will get zero sympathy from me. You are not an ally to me only after you have been targeted by the same oppression as those you attacked. Sure, I'll use you in my case study and example on injustice but you get zero sympathy or advocacy from my way.

It's not a hard concept. If someone is constantly "Fuck you get mine" and they get fucked over eventually we don't become teammates because you got burnt.

Dice//

Banned
I'm frankly impressed that a right-winger as deep as Tomi would say that (and as a fellow pro-choicer applaud it and her reasoning).

That said I can separate that I won't agree with her on all issues (and how), but side with her on this small one.

Mesoian

She'll be on Fox News in a month.

Still though, fucking WOW the Blaze. Incredible.

24 years old? I didn't know she was that young. Seriously, who is her audience?

Alt Right kids who hangout primarily on the internet.

Pretty girl on the internet tells you what you politically want to hear, regardless of whether she believes it or not (I personally don't think she does and she's just loving the role.)

Alt Right kids who hangout primarily on the internet.

Pretty girl on the internet tells you what you politically want to hear, regardless of whether she believes it or not (I personally don't think she does and she's just loving the role.)

Alt Right kids scare me. Met a 13 year old one a few weeks back. Quite surreal. Even the dad looks at me and goes "I don't know where he picks this shit up from."

Internet, dad. The internet

This is amazing, they fired their biggest person because she cares about her own body. Selfishness is always rewarded unless your a woman.... just wow.

Mesoian

Alt Right kids scare me. Met a 13 year old one a few weeks back. Quite surreal. Even the dad looks at me and goes "I don't know where he picks this shit up from."

Internet, dad. The internet

This JonTron stuff over the past few weeks has got people in a tizzy because until recently, no one really cared about what their kids were watching on the tubes because, "it could never be that bad". And then...

Some of these Minecraft youtube pages blow me away man. I'm still trying to keep some of these people out of my feeds after doing gamergate research a year ago to no avail.

People with Pro-Choice views have and do work for The Blaze. That wasn't the issue.

From Glenn's own mouth.

Link

This JonTron stuff over the past few weeks has got people in a tizzy because until recently, no one really cared about what their kids were watching on the tubes because, "it could never be that bad". And then...

Some of these Minecraft youtube pages blow me away man. I'm still trying to keep some of these people out of my feeds after doing gamergate research a year ago to no avail.

As a father of two girls, I worry about this constantly. The only thing is to keep them active and talk to them. At the same time, I don't want my eldest to be sheltered and suddenly get warped into this stuff when someone other than me brings it to her attention. I think thats where the dad I was just speaking of dropped the ball.

Kisaya

"I'm sorry Tomi but according to our reports, you're only 95 percent Nazi, and we need you at 100% Nazi."

Reminder, this did not get her fired:

TomiLahren.jpg

God she's so fucking ugly lmao. I can't wait for her ass and the rest of the alt-right kids to become irrelevant.

i-Lo

"I'm sorry Tomi but according to our reports, you're only 95 percent Nazi, and we need you at 100% Nazi."

Reminder, this did not get her fired:

TomiLahren.jpg

That is truly a stomach churning pic in the tweet. Did she actually say that? If so, then she truly is lower than scum.

BlitzKeeg

One less bigot with a platform.

Let them fight is accurate. Now that these shitheels have the majority in government, they can start infighting on their stance, since they don't have a unified one. It's already happening with the healthcare bill.

I hope their success tears the party to pieces.

IrishNinja

People with Pro-Choice views have and do work for The Blaze. That wasn't the issue.

From Glenn's own mouth.

Link

can someone bullet point that shit then

Meh, I don't agree with her political views, but it's pretty fucked up that some of you are celebrating this.

nah its cool
job market's rough out there, no big loss - don't worry, they'll find another hateful mouthpiece if the money's right

Would be hilarious if she disappeared into obscurity and irrelevance just like that but I doubt we're that lucky.

Meh, I don't agree with her political views, but it's pretty fucked up that some of you are celebrating this.

LOL.

What the fuck are you on about? Let me guess: one of those people who think getting fired from a TV show constitutes censorship or a violation of free speech rights? Come on, now.

She's a scumbag spewing hate on a scumbag hate-spewing "network." She toed out of line for their mission statement so they decided it was her time to go. What is "fucked up" about laughing at some degenerate bigot losing her soapbox for an ironic reason? For real, though, good to see your priorities are in the right place as far as standing up for the oppressed goes.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Don't do this.

She is a bad person. She is an ignorant bigot whose job is literally to spread hate.

This idea that hate should be accepted as a "different view" is stupid.

MUnited83

For you.
It's not "political views", it's hate. Everyone should be fucking celebrating this. The more those fuckheads lose their jobs the better.

Her losing her job is a literal positive thing for humanity.

So no, celebrating it isn't fucked up.

can someone bullet point that shit then

nah its cool
job market's rough out there, no big loss - don't worry, they'll find another hateful mouthpiece if the money's right

Basically he says it is fine to be "pro-choice". But calling republicans hypocrites is not fine, because republicans are 100% correct to not be pro-choice because bullshit reasons that make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom