• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuse releases on May 28th for NA, May 31 for EU + Pre-order bonuses

Dambrosi

Banned
Never quite forgave Insomniac for taking Overstrike and morphing it into what it has become now, but I'll definitely try out a demo.
Obviously, I hope that it's still a good game despite the changes, but I can't help but agree with you.

Overstrike actually looked cool and quirky, if a little goofy, like the highly entertaining if flawed Bulletstorm before it, and I was looking forward to a lighter, more colourful take on the co-op FPS - this gen's Timesplitters, if you will. Unfortunately, I have the distinct feeling that EA happened to the game with executive meddling and focus group-led changes turning it from something distinctive and humourous into Just Another Dudebro Shooter #37456589.

It's difficult to say just what impact Insomniac "selling out" their original vision of the game to appeal to the CoD crowd will have, but I can only hope that they will learn their lesson and stay the fuck away from EA not compromise themselves for a few extra sales in future. It never leads anywhere good.

resistance 3s single player was pretty amazing, and resistance 2s coop was one of the best coops i played. Hoping they can pull off both in one game

I was one of the uh... few people who went to the FUSE panel at PAX east (well it wasn't a disaster or anything, just not a ton of people by any stretch). The live demo they played seemed alright. The super firm "no" that Ted Price gave in response to "will there be a PC version" during the Q&A surprised me though.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I was a huge fan of Insomniac in the PS1+2 days, but never got a PS3. This plus the co-op focus has me interested in this.

Top Bottom