• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Can you tell us why you hate it?

i just wanna know if I share your reasoning
  • The BR is a snoozefest and I dislike using it at mid to long range; I'd rather have a 2x zoom single shot weapon
  • So much damn B L O O M on some of these maps
  • While Forge maps are great and steadily improving, they can't function as a replacement to dev-made BTB maps
  • And would it hurt to try Pistol starts, at least as a couple of gametypes thrown into rotation?? Jesus..
  • Bonus:
    WHY THE HELL ISN'T AVALANCHE IN ROTATION? 343 WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Trup1aya

• The BR is a snoozefest and I dislike using it at mid to long range; I'd rather have a 2x zoom single shot weapon
  • So much damn B L O O M on some of these maps
  • While Forge maps are great and steadily improving, they can't function as a replacement to dev-made BTB maps
  • And would it hurt to try Pistol starts, at least as a couple of gametypes thrown into rotation?? Jesus..
  • Bonus:
    WHY THE HELL ISN'T AVALANCHE IN ROTATION? 343 WHAT ARE YOU DOING

this is the correct answer

I'd agree that all forged BTB leaves much to be desired. I'd rather have real BTB maps over Warzone.
Combine BTB and Warzone imo. Have some gametypes that make sense for 12v12, some great for 8v8, others great for 6v6
(Invasion)
; all use the same maps.

EDIT:
FUNKNOWN forgot Combat Evolved 2 as a bullet point.

You okay man? You're slippin.
I use it sparingly just to remind people that once it happens, I'm the main reason why this franchise is back on track. Who the hell else ever talks about that? No one, that's who! Just like no one spoke about AR/Pistol starts from 2004-2015 until 343 listened to my personal emails, hand-written letters and PM's, proving it can be done right. So you can all thank me for less BR's. You're welcome.

Karl2177

I use it sparingly just to remind people that once it happens, I'm the main reason why this franchise is back on track. Who the hell else ever talks about that? No one, that's who! Just like no one spoke about AR/Pistol starts from 2004-2015 until 343 listened to my personal emails, hand-written letters and PM's, proving it can be done right. So you can all thank me for less BR's. You're welcome.

Damn Donald, slow your roll.

Damn Donald, slow your roll.
Don't worry Karl, I won't forget about you when I'm at the top!

coin-flip-mcduck.gif

jem0208

I still notice drops fairly often in forge maps. A couple of the extermination maps have some annoying areas where it drops quite badly.

It's far better than it used to be though.

Trup1aya

Reqs aren't working properly... just had 3 games in a row with no reqs...

marine kills seem To come by more often for some reason...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
new btb maps are fun...

would better with magnum starts, but these are still good. btb is playable now.

I slogged through at least half a dozen ga.es and didn't see a single new map. Got recurve 3 times in a row, then remembered I like to play for fun and extermination is going away, so I played that instead.

Why is 343 so slow to at least try new settings like brb pistol starts?

Also, had some HORRIFIC frame drops behind one of the Valhalla based. I got the drop on the enemy then shut the bed when it turned into a stuttering mess and got corpse jumped by a kid thinking he outplayed me :/

Edit: so many autocorrect fails. Sorry

Trup1aya

I slogged through at least half a dozen ga.es and didn't see a single new map. Got recurve 3 times in a row, then remembered I like to play for fun and extermination is going away, so I played that instead.

Why is 343 so slow to at least try new settings like brb pistol starts?

Also, had some HORRIFIC frame drops behind one of the Valhalla based. I got the drop on the enemy then shut the bed when it turned into a stuttering mess and got corpse jumped by a kid thinking he outplayed me :/

You'd think they'd be weighted really high right now. Luckily I only got 1 old map (Valhalla) during my last play through. Framerate blew

op_ivy

I noticed my console was downloading a hw2 update (26gigs, lol). I would assume an online multiplayer game would automatically pause a download? My rural internet can't handle any multitasking.

I noticed my console was downloading a hw2 update (26gigs, lol). I would assume an online multiplayer game would automatically pause a download? My rural internet can't handle any multitasking.

Yeah, my internet was running slow the other day and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized HW 2 was downloading in the background. No notification or anything, it just does it. I said fuck that and uninstalled it. I really don't understand why 343i games are always so fucking bloated when it comes to the size. It's a RTS ffs. Whatever, I'm playing DoW 3 anyways. It's a better game and it'll have somewhat of a community unlike HW 2.

Anyone have constant server issues, as well as profile sync issues? It's been like this since last night for me.

Extermination is one of the most fun playlists Halo 5 has to offer, BTW. Loving the map design as well.

Anyone have constant server issues, as well as profile sync issues? It's been like this since last night for me.

Extermination is one of the most fun playlists Halo 5 has to offer, BTW. Loving the map design as well.
Yes, this is happening to me as well. Typical for halo 5. It often hangs for ~30 sec sometimes after games or backing out of a lobby.

op_ivy

Yeah, my internet was running slow the other day and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized HW 2 was downloading in the background. No notification or anything, it just does it. I said fuck that and uninstalled it. I really don't understand why 343i games are always so fucking bloated when it comes to the size. It's a RTS ffs. Whatever, I'm playing DoW 3 anyways. It's a better game and it'll have somewhat of a community unlike HW 2.

But like, halo 5 mp would automatically pause all downloads right? I had a particularly shitty evening of lag and noticed the update downloading afterwards.

wwm0nkey

Tom 100% deserves that promotion, can't wait to see what he does with 6.

Also new thread maybe? Forge was one of the things that everyone agreed was amazing in 5

Halo 6 multiplayer has the potential to be damn amazing if they improve upon Halo 5. And with Tom at the helm let's hope we'll see that same greatness applied elsewhere as it was for Forge.

No sprint, Spartan charge, increased movement speed, classic scopes, thruster and ground pound retained.

Counteroffer: no sprint or Spartan charge, increased movement speed, classic scopes on some guns but not all (anything with a scope is clean zoom, anything without is Smart Scope, no spread reduction on most autos), yes on thruster and ground pound.

Counteroffer: no sprint or Spartan charge, increased movement speed, classic scopes on some guns but not all (anything with a scope is clean zoom, anything without is Smart Scope, no spread reduction on most autos), yes on thruster and ground pound.

Agreed, this is what I had in mind with smart scope, it will be entirely aesthetic essentially. If it wasn't clear I meant no spartan charge. Clamber is fine, it helps you stay alive if you use it right, but it's easy to kill someone clambering too. That being said, clamber could be removed and I'd be fine with it.

I'm mot so much worried about aiming in Halo 6 as it works in Halo 5: Forge. It seems like they know the issue too, so hopefully nothing like that will happen.

belushy

Banned
Please remove clamber also

Please

I hate what it has done to map design, honestly.

I know what you're saying, but I honestly think it would be fine if they shrunk the "window" of time you can clamber something. It should just be tweaked to be super precise, imo. Maybe make it to where it has to be in front of you, and you have to be practically humping it. People can pretty much clamber sideways with how it works at the moment. I think shrinking the window, and maybe putting it on a cooldown similar to thruster would help. If its paired with no sprint and increase jump height, then crouch jumping would still be just as viable. You could string crouch jumping and clamber together for other skill jumps as well.

Top Bottom