• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
I'm preserving this moment because it will probably never happen ever again

W73MrEZ.jpg

That's right GAF!

btUyn9V.png

Xion86

I didnt even get fucking Chizuru for blade mastery.

Sorry you had terrible luck :( I'm going to do one 11 pull but probably on the Gig banner and see if it makes you feel any better if I get crap :p.

Don't go though! Hang in there with us and enjoy the ride :), you may have crazy luck next banner.

Rixa

Sorry you had terrible luck :( I'm going to do one 11 pull but probably on the Gig banner and see if it makes you feel any better if I get crap :p.

Don't go though! Hang in there with us and enjoy the ride :), you may have crazy luck next banner.

Gl man :).

Xion86

Actually now I can't decide which banner to go for :D hmm.
Wasn't really bothered about Lightning when I didn't get her, didn't even like the character, but won't complain if I do get her haha, would rather get Giligamesh though.

Maybe I should just resist and wait for the next banner, sticking to Daily pulls :).

KeRaSh

Daily pull: Galuf
Ticket #1: Exdeath #5
Ticket #2: Can't even remember anymore...

Sazh remains my only event unit. To be fair I stopped pulling dailies the second I got Sazh...

bonkeng

Well I'm quitting. Not because I didnt get Lightning, but because

1 - Told myself I'd never spend money on a stupid mobile game and I shelled 200$ for this game during black friday.

2 - And with that 200$, I did 10, FUCKING TEN 10+1 pulls and the only 5 stars base unit I've gotten is Gilgamesh, that's it. No Luneth, no Lightning, No Delita (even if I got him before this), no Ramza, No Dark Knight Cecil.

Heck, not even a fucking Chizuru who has been eluding me from launch for my blade mastery.

3 - I'm fucking angry, and being angry because of a game is stupid.

Good luck guys. Enjoy your pulls and the game while you can.

Don't rage quit man.

Seriously, we can't expect to get everything we want. 4x11 pulls and a few tickets isn't even that much. You win some, you lose some. I hope you change your mind on quitting.

Razmos

Eurgh, an Arena fight against someone using Luneth, Ramza, Gilgamesh, Cecil and Refia. They also managed to Poison, sleep and petrify my party despite status effects being blocked >_>

So here's my pulls:

Daily: gold..... Hope.
Ticket 1: blue.... Fang.
Ticket 2: gold.... Hope.
Ticket 3: gold.... Garnet.
Ticket 4: blue... Rydia.
Ticket 5: blue... Ludmille.
Ticket 6: blue... Fang.
Ticket 7: blue... Clyde (first garbage pull)
Ticket 8: blue... Raksasha (spoke too soon)
Ticket 9: blue... Fang (c'mon now!)
Ticket 10: blue.... Penelo.
Ticket 11 (and last): blue... Faris.

Welp.... no Lightning today. Got some semi decent pulls in there, but nothing that gets me excited. I'm assuming that Hope and Fang are kinda useless, right?

Rixa

So here's my pulls:
Ticket 5: blue... Ludmille.

Welp.... no Lightning today. Got some semi decent pulls in there, but nothing that gets me excited. I'm assuming that Hope and Fang are kinda useless, right?

Yeah. Fang is useless, as always keep one copy. Ludmille is nice haul, tho if you already have 2 Dual Casts. Its not so nice anymore :D.

Reddit 6* Charlotte.

Ack I need to edit that. Whatever check the link.

Muku

Eurgh, an Arena fight against someone using Luneth, Ramza, Gilgamesh, Cecil and Refia. They also managed to Poison, sleep and petrify my party despite status effects being blocked >_>

I imagine status effects on say like the Thorn Mace aren't affected by the Arena rules. Even more reason to be evil and equip weapons like that.

Okay, so I said fuck it and did a full priced 500 lapis pull. I'm due.

Gold.
Change to rainbow.
Fucking LIGHTNING!!!!

Holy crap! My first rainbow!

Hot damn.

Muku

Gold.
Change to rainbow.
Fucking LIGHTNING!!!!

Hot damn.

Damn! Congrats!

Everyone else is getting her so means I'm not. XD Glad to see so many more Lightnings added to the GAF pool though!

Xion86

Okay did an 11 pull on this banner:

- Locke (good for TM!)
- Xiao
- Hope (first one)
- Cyan
- Anzelm
- Bartz
- Leo
- Fang (2nd one)
- Sabin
- Fran
- Medius (damn 4 now, wonder if I should TM farm two at a time to fuse two together)

Wow crazyivan19 that's great!! :D

EDarkness

1 - Told myself I'd never spend money on a stupid mobile game and I shelled 200$ for this game during black friday.

2 - And with that 200$, I did 10, FUCKING TEN 10+1 pulls and the only 5 stars base unit I've gotten is Gilgamesh, that's it. No Luneth, no Lightning, No Delita (even if I got him before this), no Ramza, No Dark Knight Cecil.

Heck, not even a fucking Chizuru who has been eluding me from launch for my blade mastery.

Aw man, you shouldn't let it get to you. The general rule of thumb is to avoid doing stuff like this. Don't spend money on this stuff. I know the feeling is there to try to get whatever the new hotness characters are introduced, but at the end of the day this is a game and it shouldn't be taken seriously like that. This is something we do for fun and while pulling characters is frustrating as hell...especially with the stupid random crap crystals they have in this game, we have to keep things in perspective. You're right, this is a game and it should be fun. However, whenever dealing with random stuff, there's always that chance it won't work out for you and the odds are against you.

I tried to get Agrias a while back during her banner and pulled a lot and didn't even get anything of note. It was a complete waste of time and resources. I was going to quit the game, but I decided to stay and adjust my expectations accordingly. I wouldn't mind spending money on this game, but there is no way I'm going to spend money on some chance to get something. It's just asking for failure. Since then, I've had a lot more fun and I don't take this stuff seriously. There is no way I'll be able to hang with some of the guys here and that's fine. I can carve out my own little bit of fun and be happy with that.

You should really reconsider, or take a couple of days to let all the negative energy flow out and then look upon this whole system with fresh eyes.

On a side note, I decided to tackle the dragon and while some folks say it's an easy fight, I don't think I'd go that far. That bastard can wreck you pretty fast. I managed to get it done on the first try, but I was sweating bullets towards the end. I don't have any TMRs and no 5* base characters. My top damage dealer is CoD. I probably could have done it a lot easier if I hadn't taken Valentus' Gilgamesh since he has Excalibur equipped. Still managed to get it done. I'm happy and one more trial done. I should try the others at some point, too.

My main crew was CoD, Cecil, WoL, Maxwell, and Refia.

Did a couple of pulls and ended up with Russell and Tellah. Yeah, nothing worth talking about. It'll be dailies from here on out. There's no way I'm gonna even bother wasting resources on this banner. If I get something good during that time, then great.

Gold.
Change to rainbow.
Fucking LIGHTNING!!!!

Hot damn.

Wow. Congrats, man. I bet that feels pretty good. Heh, heh.

As mentioned yesterday. My brothers been playing exvius for a while now and he loves it. He is just having issues finding friends as nobody has a spot open or don't want to add him for some reason.... he is struggling with some content and I though it would be kind of his older brother to ask here on gaf if any of you would like to add him?

If you don't mind having yet another newb on your friends list please add him :) he would be very surprised to see a friend request for someone with high stats :)

His ID
452 970 433

Thank you

Rixa

I imagine status effects on say like the Thorn Mace aren't affected by the Arena rules. Even more reason to be evil and equip weapons like that.

This reminds me.

1. I need to equip Dual Cast to Cecil (always forgetting it :D)

2. I need to do 2- Headed Dragon so my Cecil gets this:
MEIZ2ah.png

- +45 DEF, 100% Sleep/Silence/Confuse immunity

3. I need to do Leo Train (got 4 Leos) so my Cecil gets this:
qdhF2yR.png

- +53 DEF +25 SPR, +100% Petrify Resist

4. Maybe get counter ability (with Star Quartz) to Cecil and equip it with some nasty weapon

Aw man, you shouldn't let it get to you.

Man so great words so many.

Razmos

As mentioned yesterday. My brothers been playing exvius for a while now and he loves it. He is just having issues finding friends as nobody has a spot open or don't want to add him for some reason.... he is struggling with some content and I though it would be kind of his older brother to ask here on gaf if any of you would like to add him?

If you don't mind having yet another newb on your friends list please add him :) he would be very surprised to see a friend request for someone with high stats :)

His ID
452 970 433

Thank you
Sent him a request :)

Does anyone know if Gigantuars spawn in Probably difficulty too? Or is it just elite?

With a party of 3 Fangs, 2 Sazh and a friend Lightning I get 700 consistently from Pro difficulty, which is nice

Muku

His ID
452 970 433

Thank you

Does he have GAF in his notes or anything? I just don't want to delete someone potentially because they don't have it there. Otherwise wouldn't mind adding.

leehom

Daily = Garland (2ND)

Ran ELT 10x and gigantic finally appeared, my first. Sitting on 7k gears now. Hope I can avg around 9-10k a day, should be enough to get the few items I want.

Rixa

His ID
452 970 433

Thank you

Ask him to add GAF to message (its generic message now). So we wont delete him.
Tossed FR to your brother.

Muku

His ID
452 970 433

Thank you

Sent him a request. Just make sure he gets GAF in the message somewhere so we don't accidentally delete him.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Used all my tickets + Daily and didnt get anything worthwhile.

I run just Pro now 5x Sazh with Friend Lightning means 700 Gears per run lol.

Gold.
Change to rainbow.
Fucking LIGHTNING!!!!

Hot damn.

My man congrats !!!

I probably shouldn't be wasting Lapis and Tickets, since TMs (none special in this banner) and 5* Bases (lol real rainbows don't exist) are the only things I really need atm and it'd be best to save up for a banner like Orlandu. However, the pull to summon was too strong so I did a daily and used my 2+5 compensation tickets:

Daily: 3* Anzelm

Ticket 1: 3* Amarant
Ticket 2: 3* Kefka
Ticket 3: 3* Fang - New
Ticket 4: 3* Gilbert
Ticket 5: 3* Golbez
Ticket 6: 3* Fang - 5th XIII unit
Ticket 7: 3* Artemios

Blah!

I may just stop for the week and save my Lapis. It isn't worth dailies just to chase Lightning now, as I've never pulled a Base 5* and Hope does nothing for me like Snow would have. Hope only seems worthwhile for his event bonus (which I'm not going to spend Lapis chasing an extra 25% gear bonus). I already have 6* Exdeath, 5* Arc and 5* Kefka for Mages + his TM seems super niche to boot. I'd rather gamble on a better banner for my first 5*. I got 2x Sazh and 1x Vanille from the last banner, but no Snow so my luck plain sucks with XIII related banners. Heck, I couldn't even get Lud off the original Lightning banner!

I can't solo ELT with only an OP Friend Lightning (just wasted 30 NRG failing to do so with 600+ Lightnings ... one of which had a damn Gigantuar ;__; ), but I can with PRO.

709 Gears (218+491) = ELT @ 225% with Refia (for Embolden) + BCL (Hex Paralysis) + CoD (DPS support) + Vanille (Esper Imperil) + Fang (Esper Deprotect) + OP Friend Lightning.

874 Gears (184+690) = PRO @ 375% with 2 Sazh + 2 Fang + Vanille + OP Friend Lightning.

Unless the Gigantaur rate is significantly higher on ELT, I'll stick to PRO.

Rixa

Ill do ELT later with Gilg + 4 bonus units (2x 75% 2x 50%) and friend Lightning. Havent tested this but it should be doable. So I can swap my Refia for one bonus unit :).

First daily on the old banner got my Snow, now the first daily on this one got me Lightning.

Man FF13 has been lucky as shit for me, clearly I must finally playthrough Lightning Returns as a tribute.

Thank you all for adding my brother. He is online soon and will add gaf to his notes. we are currently out ice fishing on a lake :)

chrono01

Don't quit! Trust me, I was in your situation way back on the Refia banner. I almost quit too, and it's eays to feel that way after a batch of bad pulls. It does even out eventually though, so just hang in there!

If you really do quit, best of luck to you. Sorry to lose you. :(

Gold.
Change to rainbow.
Fucking LIGHTNING!!!!

Hot damn.
That's how it's done

Congrats!

2 Gigantuars in 6 runs. Not bad. I'm 5/24 now.
Yeah, the Gigantuar rate is definitely higher than it used to be, and with added gears dropping. Great time to farm the event (I know I will be, I have quite a few items still left to grab).

Damn! Congrats!

Everyone else is getting her so means I'm not. XD Glad to see so many more Lightnings added to the GAF pool though!

Grats!

We're all Lightning's now

Wow crazyivan19 that's great!! :D

Wow. Congrats, man. I bet that feels pretty good. Heh, heh.

My man congrats !!!

That's how it's done

Congrats!

Thanks everyone! All things considered I've had some decent luck with this game, especially given that I've only put $20 into it so far. But this is the first time I feel like I pulled something really great.

Now the fun adventure of leveling her up! Really flippin' glad it's a cactuar dune this weekend! That plus having Excalibur in the next few days has me feeling pretty awesome. I might actually have a legit unit to share!

Rixa

So many TMs I want to farm right now with the characters I have :(

Yeah. Then I (and I think you too) have those "I have shitton of these units, I want space to unit pool, but I need to do one TM from these" in line waiting the "right time"...

When is the right time :(

Xion86

Yeah. Then I (and I think you too) have those "I have shitton of these units, I want space to unit pool, but I need to do one TM from these" in line waiting the "right time"...

When is the right time :(

Yes I'm exactly the same! May need to fuse more together and not try go for 100% on some. Also laying off 11 pulls.

Zafir

Used my 7 tickets.

2 of which were fricken Chizuru's, which maybe I'd have been happy about if I didn't already own one. I'm also not someone who farms TM's.

No banner characters, or Lightning. I'll probably do a 10+1 pull later with my saved up lapis, cos I'm weak willed like that.

Zalasta

I'm too chicken to do a 11 pull, mostly because I don't want to be disappointed.

Daily is Miyuki. Told myself I didn't feel lucky today, but used a ticket anyway, got Galuf.

Debated if I should chase the rainbow. 2 more tickets, Snow and Hope. Not Lightning but I'm content.

Rootbeer

Banned
Daily: 4* Agrias. First one. Already using a maxed Ingus as my Full Breaker, but always happy to fill out my roster.

Rixa

Used my 7 tickets.

2 of which were fricken Chizuru's, which maybe I'd have been happy about if I didn't already own one. I'm also not someone who farms TM's.

No banner characters, or Lightning. I'll probably do a 10+1 pull later with my saved up lapis, cos I'm weak willed like that.

Yes. Give me those Chorizos thank you :).

Not sure if you do TM farming at all. But don't _ever_ fuse Chizuru to another Chizuru. It has one of the best Trust Master rewards in the game.

Xion86

Ummm this is worrying...I'm getting constant crashes in the event after the update on Android. I hardly ever saw crashes like this on Android, only iOS. What have they done...

Anyone else experiencing this? Hope it's not Fangs Jump move...

Chinner

Banned
Ummm this is worrying...I'm getting constant crashes in the event after the update on Android. I hardly ever saw crashes like this on Android, only iOS. What have they done...

Anyone else experiencing this? Hope it's not Fangs Jump move...
Have you updated app?

Zafir

Yes. Give me those Chorizos thank you :).

Not sure if you do TM farming at all. But don't _ever_ fuse Chizuru to another Chizuru. It has one of the best Trust Master rewards in the game.

I don't as I mentioned, I'm keeping them in case I ever change my mind though, yeah.

Rixa

I don't as I mentioned, I'm keeping them in case I ever change my mind though, yeah.

Yeah (wasnt sure was it total nono :D). Keep them, remember its so much easier to add unit slots than later curse about fusing dupes to one unit for lousy 5% bonus.

Zafir

Yeah (wasnt sure was it total nono :D). Keep them, remember its so much easier to add unit slots than later curse about fusing dupes to one unit for lousy 5% bonus.

Aye, true enough, thanks.

I'd probably finally cave at TM farming if I got a Zidane or something since I could really use Dual Wield, but that unit has always eluded me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom