• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

gatti-man

So many changes in this patch. The PVP daily change is very welcome. Needing 6 games played, and having wins count for 2 should really provide a boost to the PVP scene. Now it won't matter if you are facing an 8 man Starsiders team, as long as you are willing to get your face kicked in a couple times depending on the pugs you get. The Zorn & Toth bug with Fearful explains a lot, I knew I had always been in a safe range when that had triggered before. Being able to reverse engineer moddable custom gear is a welcome change, now more selling off War Hero crit fails for nothing basically. The Nightmare Pilgrim fix for the trigger to start the fight is nice, Foudre's attempts to troll us last time by starting it early meant we didn't get to attempt it due to that bug.

And of course, the Matric Cube glitch has been added, wouldn't be great patch notes without something like that working it's way in.

And on the topic of Keller's Void pop issues, it has been bad the last week. I don't think it as bad as we are making it out to be though, I think a ton of people are just playing alts, so the fleet pop just looks a lot smaller. We peaked at around 100 on fleet last evening, which is a far cry from the old peaks. We do need those transfers and mergers soon though, we are losing a ton of pvpers to other servers now. And I don't even want to think about what happens after next week and Diablo 3...

Well i play 10pm to 2am and warzones literally stop at midnight. No one is on and all i can do are ghost town dailies. Its really bad for us off hours peeps. Hopefully bioware lets me transfer my fatman toon when kv gets merged. I was getting really uninterested in fighting the same 16 people over and over. Plus we have infamous baddies now like liquidsmoke and others that just muder your chances to win.

Milly79

Trevin, you're too optimistic. I really don't think we are gonna get many with transfers, and who knows how long it's going to take for mergers.

CzarTim

If they arent even discussing legacy and name change policies then imo its august at the earliesr. Im not willing to wait that long.

Legacy stuff is cool, but server mergers / group finder should have been a priority out of the gate. Especially considering that Legacy was likely the cause of the 1.2 delay.

HBroward

If they arent even discussing legacy and name change policies then imo its august at the earliesr. Im not willing to wait that long.

Yeah, they are in a tough position, they have to string people along, because if they come out and say" Transfers in July/August", people just unsub and wait for it. They were doing a great job communicating to the fan base for a good while, but it seems to have fallen off recently. I understand it's a fluid situation and they can't commit to things that are subject to change, but I feel like they are just not even addressing the Ranked PVP issue. It was probably stupid to announce it before cross server hit, and they realize that now, but already had said it would be out. Can't put that genie back in the bottle. Even if ranked hit tomorrow, I don't know if it would pull enough people back to be viable on a single server basis, aside from Fatman and a few others.

According to who? Never seen anyone give a date and at the guild summit they told the attendees that they would get it out faster than 1.2, but did not state a date

James Ohlen I believe was the one who said at Pax East that the content patches(1.2, 1.3, etc) would be released on a monthly basis going forward from 1.2. He probably regrets ever making that statement, but it was made, and is what they are being judged on now. They still have time to hit that 1 month goal almost, but given we have heard nothing really, and the test server isn't even up yet, I think it's safe to say it won't be before the end of this month at the earliest. Unless the patch is only being internally tested, in which case I would rather wait anyway.

gatti-man

Well if anyone wants to come over to fatman im here. I will come in on kv if im on during primetime other than that probably not.

Heysoos

Yeah... Keller's Void is pretty healthy compared to other servers, but it's just not what it used to be. Think the largest numbers I've seen in fleet recently have been around ~60. That's just not good. I also don't think transfers are the answer to this problem. Merges need to happen soon, but they won't. It can only go on for so long before people get tired and just quit. Which has been happening.

gatti-man

Yeah... Keller's Void is pretty healthy compared to other servers, but it's just not what it used to be. Think the largest numbers I've seen in fleet recently have been around ~60. That's just not good. I also don't think transfers are the answer to this problem. Merges need to happen soon, but they won't. It can only go on for so long before people get tired and just quit. Which has been happening.

Yeah but i really like this game. I thought about quiting but my problems werent the game itself just the stagnent population and the fact that my AC sucks bawls. The art, pvp mechanics, story content, and polish are all top notch to me. Imagine 300-400 on fleet. Thats fatman. Its a sight to behold.

HBroward

Yeah but i really like this game. I thought about quiting but my problems werent the game itself just the stagnent population and the fact that my AC sucks bawls. The art, pvp mechanics, story content, and polish are all top notch to me. Imagine 300-400 on fleet. Thats fatman. Its a sight to behold.

I know you have a great card, but are there any big performance hits with that many on fleet? I may roll on there just to behold that sight myself.

gatti-man

I know you have a great card, but are there any big performance hits with that many on fleet? I may roll on there just to behold that sight myself.

Not that i noticed last night but i wasnt there for very long. Im only lvl 12 just started around 7pm yesterday. Hoping to be in the 30s by the weekend and at cap in a couple weeks.

gyrspike

Neo Member
I'm pretty much done at this point. With my changes to work, I can't really make raid times. And lets be honest the pvp and non-raid content is nowhere close to being good enough to make me want to continue playing.

Shame though, I enjoyed my Powertech for a while in pvp. 1-50 pvp being the best fun I've had in a long time with the game. The post 50 pvp as a PT was ok to, but once ya get WH, I didnt really feel the need to grind needlessly for the rest of the WH gear. The weapon alone was enough for me to prove PT is the highest burst pvp class and other than mara's nothing else can even come close to the sheer ability to pump out stupid amounts of damage.

No idea why the class is the least played on KV, yes even less than operatives. Granted all that burst comes at the price of having basically zero defensive cooldowns and it required me using a custom remodded mix of PVP Healer and PVE Tank set bonuses to have any real survivability.(Both the PVP Healer and PVE Tank 2 piece set bonus add 3 seconds on the duration of your energy shield giving it an 18sec duration.) FYI, for pvp this setup probably trumps all the other armor set bonuses for Mercs/PTs, especially anyone deep Pyro who can get the talent to lower the cooldown of energy shield.

James Ohlen I believe was the one who said at Pax East that the content patches(1.2, 1.3, etc) would be released on a monthly basis going forward from 1.2. He probably regrets ever making that statement, but it was made, and is what they are being judged on now. They still have time to hit that 1 month goal almost, but given we have heard nothing really, and the test server isn't even up yet, I think it's safe to say it won't be before the end of this month at the earliest. Unless the patch is only being internally tested, in which case I would rather wait anyway.

I doubt they mean exactly one month time, if anything they might mean something new each month. They still have most of the month to get something out... we might get lucky

gatti-man

I'm pretty much done at this point. With my changes to work, I can't really make raid times. And lets be honest the pvp and non-raid content is nowhere close to being good enough to make me want to continue playing.

Shame though, I enjoyed my Powertech for a while in pvp. 1-50 pvp being the best fun I've had in a long time with the game. The post 50 pvp as a PT was ok to, but once ya get WH, I didnt really feel the need to grind needlessly for the rest of the WH gear. The weapon alone was enough for me to prove PT is the highest burst pvp class and other than mara's nothing else can even come close to the sheer ability to pump out stupid amounts of damage.

No idea why the class is the least played on KV, yes even less than operatives. Granted all that burst comes at the price of having basically zero defensive cooldowns and it required me using a custom remodded mix of PVP Healer and PVE Tank set bonuses to have any real survivability.(Both the PVP Healer and PVE Tank 2 piece set bonus add 3 seconds on the duration of your energy shield giving it an 18sec duration.) FYI, for pvp this setup probably trumps all the other armor set bonuses for Mercs/PTs, especially anyone deep Pyro who can get the talent to lower the cooldown of energy shield.

I may roll powertech sooner or later but im really enjoying the assassin AC. Stealth capping and stealth attacking are both very satisfying.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not going to bother rerolling but if they introduce paid transfers I'd consider going to a bigger PvP server. Also, didn't they say at one point that dual spec/ranked pvp would come shortly after 1.2 lol? Now it's probably shortly after 1.3, aka 1.4.

gatti-man

Not going to bother rerolling but if they introduce paid transfers I'd consider going to a bigger PvP server. Also, didn't they say at one point that dual spec/ranked pvp would come shortly after 1.2 lol? Now it's probably shortly after 1.3, aka 1.4.

It was slightly less painful for me since my AC is totally fucked and i dont think bioware is fixing it anytime soon.

Milly79

WOW.

Someone reported me in PVP and now I have to change my Legacy - Godstomper, and my alt- Raptorjesus.

Thanks a lot, people. :\

Milly79

I could see the legacy being slightly offensive, but come on. I've been around since pre-release with that. Someone must be butt-hurt I wrecked their day on my assassin.

Oh well, I got Yhwh (spelled yhvvh), which is essentially God anyway.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Got my Rocket Boots tonight. They rock!

1 - You have them on all characters so for lower level characters you have the equivalent of a level 50 speeder for 30 seconds
2 - You can use them indoors
3 - They're instant so you can pop them on as you're running whereas with a speeder you need to stop and wait for it to spawn

Wish I could use them in Huttball :p

Yaska

Been pondering if I should finish my sith sorc story before I complete chapter 2 with my commando, or just go for it with commando and finish chapter 2 and then run imperial agent through chapter 2 for the legacy buffs.

Love the fact that you get the buffs of other classes now ^^

Got my Rocket Boots tonight. They rock!

1 - You have them on all characters so for lower level characters you have the equivalent of a level 50 speeder for 30 seconds
2 - You can use them indoors
3 - They're instant so you can pop them on as you're running whereas with a speeder you need to stop and wait for it to spawn

Wish I could use them in Huttball :p

Slowly saving up for them, they will greatly help my low level alts.

Milly79

that sux predeesh, i've reported harck like 50 times to no avail.

I just met u

I really wish I would've stole CarlyRae with the legacy of Jepsen now.

omg deesh pvps?! I miss pvping on my tankassin, I had a dream I was playing huttball last night lol

Yeah, I've been getting into it.

I hate you. Come back. :[

Rename Godstomper Raptorjesus and Raptorjesus Godstomper.
Can you do that? lol.

The name was invalid after that.

Meier

Can you not post on the SWTOR boards without an active account or something? I'm still trying to find out how legit that email is and they haven't responded to my email or tweet yet, so I was going to ask on the boards.. but I don't have privileges to reply and/or start a new thread. What gives?

Got a good one going on at the moment, we one shotted the minefield in denova yesterday, me and 2 others disarmed the mines, they both got the minesweeper title and I didn't.

Bug reported it 6 times now and they keep saying only the person in the tower gets the title which is obviously wrong but they wont accept it, they said they know its hard for anyone but the tank to stay in the tower but thats how it is.... how about freaking impossible you dumbasses? You can't have a healer up there end of.

Really starting to stretch my patience now

Can you not post on the SWTOR boards without an active account or something? I'm still trying to find out how legit that email is and they haven't responded to my email or tweet yet, so I was going to ask on the boards.. but I don't have privileges to reply and/or start a new thread. What gives?

Think you need to have an active account.

Have you emailed that address they gave you?

Meier

Think you need to have an active account.

Have you emailed that address they gave you?

Yeah, I got the email from Frank Magid Associates who said to email testing@swtor.com to verify the validity of it but I haven't heard back yet. Magid seems pretty legit: http://www.magid.com/. I only have to give them my phone number and email to sign up (and I get $100), but I'd rather be sure this isn't some scheme to get my info just in case.

That's insane that you can't post at their boards with a lapsed account. Talk about insular..

Yeah, I got the email from Frank Magid Associates who said to email testing@swtor.com to verify the validity of it but I haven't heard back yet. Magid seems pretty legit: http://www.magid.com/. I only have to give them my phone number and email to sign up (and I get $100), but I'd rather be sure this isn't some scheme to get my info just in case.

That's insane that you can't post at their boards with a lapsed account. Talk about insular..
Do you have a twitter account? Try sending Stephen Reid (@Rockjaw) a message about it.

Isaccard

Yeah, I've been getting into it.

50's bracket will quickly change that. Lowbies are tremendous fun because no one has any expertise, and the dmg you can do there is borderline silly and no one really plays objectives, just playing deathmatch with each other.

Milly79

50's bracket will quickly change that. Lowbies are tremendous fun because no one has any expertise, and the dmg you can do there is borderline silly and no one really plays objectives, just playing deathmatch with each other.

You think I don't know this? And I've only seen this "deathmatch" a few times. It's mostly objectives.

gatti-man

Expertise is the devil

Disagree it just shouldnt be the end all it is. Imo bioware should make pve gear a half tick lower than pvp for pvp and likewise for pve. For example best gear for pvp would be WH then blackhole then BM then rekata etc. Pve would go BH then WH then rakata that way you could move back and forth more freely. This system they have now is just to increase grind. Its lame imo.

I like that they made pvp gear more specialized for pvp and pve gear for pve, I just don't care for how powerful they made expertise compared to before, and how it favors damage dealing. I was happy that they nerfed healing when it came to expertise, but them favoring damage dealing... bleh. At least they give the recruit gear option, but still..... meh?

Top Bottom