• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

https://aytee77.github.io/ARMSBuilder/index.html

Nice tool for comparing arms :-D

And a chart for the same thing:

http://imgur.com/a/rvpR1

The Guardian is a light arm? Most useless arm? And to think I spent a chunk of time trying to fit it into my game. I'm very curious as to how it's supposed to be used I just can't fathom why they'd include an arm that reduces your movement speed and allows other arms to just dodge around it easily while leaving you open to grabs as well.

Since it is involved in Helix's primary setup I imagine with his high/low dodging capabilities the Guardian can perhaps be interesting to use?

Also Byte&Barqs stats are objectively lower than the rest of the roster.

Oregano

I'm really no good at Skillshot, especially against the CPU. I'm constantly having targets hit before my fist reach them and get hit by the opponent. I just can't get the hang of it.

It sucks as well because I beat Helix and Twintelle in GP Level 7(going on highest mode to train).

I'm really no good at Skillshot, especially against the CPU. I'm constantly having targets hit before my fist reach them and get hit by the opponent. I just can't get the hang of it.

It sucks as well because I beat Helix and Twintelle in GP Level 7(going on highest mode to train).

My strategy is to go for throwing the enemy at all times, then punch targets while they're down. This has worked for me on Levels 4 and down.

molnizzle

That sucks.

It's ridiculous how many fighting games still get this wrong.

I think Nintendo tried to prevent it by not allowing you to press the home button during a multiplayer match. I'm actually not sure how people are rage quitting to begin with because of that.

JambiBum

Someone earlier said that you get credit for wins if someone quits in ranked and you definitely do not. I was just about to rank up and a guy quit on me and I didn't get the credit.

For the New page:

Oh my god, he actually did it. I never thought I would see this day. He's a man of his word, I love it. My respect for you has just grown further than it already was, good games man. Practice some more and eventually you can beat me CONSISTENTLY.

Also for those who have any questions about the game I'll gladly answer!

Someone inspired me to give tips I've accumulated so I might do that as well.

What's the fastest way to get currency?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Laaa la la la
Laaa la la la
Laaa la la la laaaa

I have literally not stopped thinking about this game for any significant amount of time since its release.

Seeing a lot of repeated questions so I am starting to pull together a FAQ!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also right before I got in bed last night it hit me what this has been reminding me of so intensely. I don't even know if I can explain why. But it's Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for Dreamcast. I would not be surprised if I am the only one who feels this way lol but damnit it is satisfying to put my finger on it.

Biske

I just play online. After my first playing session with the game I had like 800

Lobby code is 111

You should note how long that session apparently was haha

I've found the average rate for an hour or so in a lobby is like 80-100 depending on how much you actually win. Maybe less maybe more.

SuperSah

Banned
So I did it.

I said when I defeat Gore, I will take a Screenshot and frame it.

img_3620hgsg3.jpg

When ever I will feel sad, I just look at this picture and be happy again.
When ever there is a task that seems impossible to do, I look at that picture and know nothing is impossible.

Do I hate helix with double poppers?? Yes I do.

Am I to proud defeating Gore with double poppers only once? Maybe

So who ever is facing Gore, just remember: It is not impossible to defeat him!!!!

Here is also a link to the original screenshot:
https://abload.de/img/dcrjfljvwaauzvk.jpg-5qsxs.jpeg

This is so fucking legit.

HotHamBoy

*ahem*

I just watched some ranked Twintelle play and I am really surprised at the fact that her ass is so pronounced on the screen all the time. You eye is drawn to it because this is a Nintendo game and it's so unusual.

It's also really unusual to see a Japanese character model with an actual butt instead of pancake ass.

Do you guys feel like this is objectifying or incidental?

Blunoise

*ahem*

I just watched some ranked Twintelle play and I am really surprised at the fact that her ass is so pronounced on the screen all the time. You eye is drawn to it because this is a Nintendo game and it's so unusual.

It's also really unusual to see a Japanese character model with an actual butt instead of pancake ass.

But she's not Japanese.....everybody in the game has different builds

ggx2ac

Why not mention it? Keeping those super secret single player strategies to yourself?

Because I didn't have to tell anyone in the first place?

I already mentioned when I first beat Grand Prix Level 7 that you can just get by with Dragon weapons in both hands.

It doesn't really mean you'll automatically win because you still have to understand how the AI acts and it's really easy beating Hedlok and Max Brass with Zoning weapons.

molnizzle

I already mentioned when I first beat Grand Prix Level 7 that you can just get by with Dragon weapons in both hands.

It doesn't really mean you'll automatically win because you still have to understand how the AI acts and it's really easy beating Hedlok and Max Brass with Zoning weapons.

...right. So why not share it then?

Do you actually derive a sense of superiority from this? lol

He's just asking for help. I'm not sure why you're being so secretive about it.

yananana

Been playing since yesterday, and while I love playing ARMS, man do I fucking suck at it, it hurts.

I really have a problem connecting my attacks to the enemy, they always seem to take a strange curve (trying my best to not give a strange direction with the stick), often hitting the end of the enemy arms, thus dealing no damage. It's frustrating. :(

Completed the Grand Prix Level 4 with Mechanica, but even with that I don't feel really confident to play in ranked. So if any of guys want to play with a complete scrub at the game, hit me up (I'm from France for the record): SW-1464-4134-1725

ngower

*ahem*

Uh...no? I mean, maybe I just have different priorities but I'm usually looking at the output of my opponent and not her ass.

molnizzle

Yes, which makes punches on the B and A pointless to me. It should have been used for blocking.

They wanted the controls to be the same when playing with a single joy-con.

...which is why L should be block and R should be rush. That would've worked fine.

No.

If you really want to know, the other weapon is that Seeking missile weapon.

Now you don't actually need to put any effort into anything.

lol, so you did get a sense of superiority from it. Kinda sad.

LotusHD

Banned
*ahem*

Everyone else's back is being shown when you fight as them, so there's no reason to suggest anything insidious regarding Twintelle.

CLEEK

Also right before I got in bed last night it hit me what this has been reminding me of so intensely. I don't even know if I can explain why. But it's Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for Dreamcast. I would not be surprised if I am the only one who feels this way lol but damnit it is satisfying to put my finger on it.

It's Virtual On with the personality of Power Stone.

Massive Dreamcast feelings from this game. Pure arcade bliss.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Almost done typing up a FAQ. There are a few things I don't have a grasp of yet that seem worth mentioning like the 1-vs-100 mode is more in-depth than it seems,
but I need to experience it for myself first. :)
Neither one.

Her character is herself a sexualized movie star; it's neither inappropriate nor coincidental as part of her design. She's great IMO, wonderful character work.
My daughter had the silliest look on her face when she saw Max Brass flex his chest for the first time. She was like, "his boobs jiggled."
...him too.

It's Virtual On with the personality of Power Stone.

Massive Dreamcast feelings from this game. Pure arcade bliss.
Yes. Holy shit Power Stone. Yes.

CLEEK

I thought I was good at Skillshot until I had to play it against Barq & Byte on level 4. Fuck me. Came close a few times, but lost seven times in a row before giving up. No strategies seemed to work.

Top Bottom