• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Was craving Technic, and so I got some. I almost bought the Le Mans 24hr race car, but pulled out at the last minute with second thoughts, it didn't feel functiony enough.

Instead, I bought the Claas Xerion. Got a bit of help building it.

BmhrTW8.jpg

This is my favourite bit of it, it has three different steering modes, all switched with this lever.

There's a four wheel drive option, a front wheel drive option, and also a crab-like option where all four wheels point the same way at the same time so you can drive sideways!

It's satisfyingly huge when it's finished - with some comparison shots...

Some nice details in and around the cab, which can lift, spin and face the other way. Including a sat-nav which, helpfully, suggests that the tractor is in a field. "OK 420" is pretty obviously a pro-drugs message from LEGO.

Bonnet lifts up to reveal the engine...

I'll be honest though, I haven't built the bulk of the power functions into it. At the end of part one, you have a choice for part two. There's a big crane thing in the A-model, or a plow in the B-model and I think that while I prefer the B-model, I actually really prefer it with neither. Might need to tidy the rear up a little bit but it's a really satisfying beast as it is right now with no attachments.

8bit

Knows the Score
Was curious if Saturn was up yet but this was on the front page, although not linked to anything.

I assume you've seen the Snowspeeder already?

Also like the look of the Guggenheim.

JEFFz0mg

Neo Member
Hey Gaf,

I'm going to be moving from the East Coast to Arizona in a couple of months and I'm going to disassemble my sets, put them in ziploc bags and then ship them.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best size ziploc bags? I'd rather just have one bag for each set than have multiple smaller ones. I have 13 and they are all "larger" sets, such as Slave 1, Tumbler, Disney Castle, Tower of Orthanc, Sandcrawler, classic Batcave, Silent Mary, and others.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best size ziploc bags? I'd rather just have one bag for each set than have multiple smaller ones. I have 13 and they are all "larger" sets, such as Slave 1, Tumbler, Disney Castle, Tower of Orthanc, Sandcrawler, classic Batcave, Silent Mary, and others.
2 gallon is the biggest you can get, I believe, and that's not going to be big enough to have just one bag for most of those...

Norfair

I usually store my sets in ziplocs rather then display them. I tend to use mostly gallon bags for large sets and pint for smaller ones. With larger sets (modulars usually) I will split them into multiple bags based on steps in the instructions. The modulars usually just go a floor per bag.

I would also recommend using freezer bags as they tend to be a bit durable.

ghostmind

I usually store my sets in ziplocs rather then display them. I tend to use mostly gallon bags for large sets and pint for smaller ones. With larger sets (modulars usually) I will split them into multiple bags based on steps in the instructions. The modulars usually just go a floor per bag.

I would also recommend using freezer bags as they tend to be a bit durable.

This is pretty much exactly what I do as well, though I use the zipper ziploc bags, as I find they stay sealed better.

This is pretty much exactly what I do as well, though I use the zipper ziploc bags, as I find they stay sealed better.

I feel like no matter HOW you do it, it still takes up way too much space in the end. I really need a long term solution here... (which is probably selling some off ugh)

Just had a shower thought, it would be pretty cool if lego went even further with the pet shop concept and made a modular building line thats even more modular, with standardized 16x16 floors with ~400 pieces being sold for like $30 each that are stackable and swappable, they could sell roof and ground levels too for cheaper. It would sacrifice silhouette but i think the concept could be fun and more accessible to kids and people who cant afford a $170 dollar lego set. Hell they could even go crazy and do licensed floors, maybe stuff similar to that star wars celebration set.

Here's a concept I had of what I'm talking about

4HlXHAs.png

I might do a LDD moc of one just for fun

Just had a shower thought, it would be pretty cool if lego went even further with the pet shop concept and made a modular building line thats even more modular, with standardized 16x16 floors with ~400 pieces being sold for like $30 each that are stackable and swappable, they could sell roof and ground levels too for cheaper. It would sacrifice silhouette but i think the concept could be fun and more accessible to kids and people who cant afford a $170 dollar lego set. Hell they could even go crazy and do licensed floors, maybe stuff similar to that star wars celebration set.

Here's a concept I had of what I'm talking about

cwb6Vru.png

Eh. Lots and lots and lots of limitations with that. Market Street actually works like that, and it's all the worse for it. There's a huge staircase taking up much of each floor, and you can only realistically align the floors one way. Also, who would pay $30 for a little square room?

There are plenty of community builds that work like that though.

Eh. Lots and lots and lots of limitations with that. Market Street actually works like that, and it's all the worse for it. There's a huge staircase taking up much of each floor, and you can only realistically align the floors one way. Also, who would pay $30 for a little square room?

There are plenty of community builds that work like that though.

They could just get rid of the staircases, $30 was just a random number could be less. I think it could work if done right.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before now, but TRU looks to be running a 50% off sale on all LEGO Dimensions products. I finally picked up the Sonic level pack and a Mr T.

I keep checking back here every day hoping for more Saturn V Ideas info.

I can't remember being as hungry for info for an upcoming set as I have been for this, maybe the Doctor Who set, but even that I didn't obsess over it as much as this.

Maengun1

I keep checking back here every day hoping for more Saturn V Ideas info.

I can't remember being as hungry for info for an upcoming set as I have been for this, maybe the Doctor Who set, but even that I didn't obsess over it as much as this.

Same. Actually the Saturn V and the Old Fishing Store are the only upcoming sets I'm really excited for this year lol (that we know of so far). Just gimme those release dates and take my $$$

mrklaw

MrArseFace
VW Beetle, mini Beetle and London skyline hopefully arriving today. Ideally before my wife comes home so I can hide the big Beetle with the rest of my backlog and only cop to the architecture set.

edit: Stealth mission successful. Box in the recycling too.

Built the mini-beetle. Its ok but the scale is a bit odd - its bigger than the mini VW Camper, and there are far too many stickers for such a small set.

We've have now built all 3 skylines from the first wave. We loved them. We'll get wave 2 for sure. Chicago in particular is a city of more personal significance for us so that'll be neat.

only question is, what to do with them. these are, like, socially-acceptable decorations. we might find a place in the living room for them, since they're less nerdy than the licensed stuff and more manageable in size than modulars. they're currently lined up on our keyboard but i feel like that'll get annoying sooner or later.

We've have now built all 3 skylines from the first wave. We loved them. We'll get wave 2 for sure. Chicago in particular is a city of more personal significance for us so that'll be neat.

only question is, what to do with them. these are, like, socially-acceptable decorations. we might find a place in the living room for them, since they're less nerdy than the licensed stuff and more manageable in size than modulars. they're currently lined up on our keyboard but i feel like that'll get annoying sooner or later.

I'll never forgive them for including an obscure, non-iconic building in the Sydney skyline.

I'll never forgive them for including an obscure, non-iconic building in the Sydney skyline.

i'm assuming you're talking about the skyscraper? cause i don't know enough about sydney to name either the spire or the skyscraper so i'm guessing here. Maybe they just wanted a conventional building in there someplace and liked the shape of it. idk.

i'm assuming you're talking about the skyscraper? cause i don't know enough about sydney to name either the spire or the skyscraper so i'm guessing here. Maybe they just wanted a conventional building in there someplace and liked the shape of it. idk.
The spire is Sydney Tower and that's symbolic.

The skyscraper is Deutsche Bank Place and that's only been part of Sydney's skyline for 10 or so years.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Bank_Place

I understand that the architecture of that building is sorta unique, but I would have preferred if they replaced it with Fort Denison
images

STPBMW

Neo Member
Weird that they go back to this ironman helmet

I believe that this is the helmet for the Marvel Cinematic Universe sets. You are probably referencing the Detroit Steel Strike set for the different helmet, and that takes place in the Invincible Iron Man universe.

ghostmind

We already had a name for it from the set. Think one of the LEGO fan sites even came out and said "Hey, this will probably be the big walker set by Christmas".

There is a list of Force Friday sets, and the new walker could be one of them, but there is also another large set listed.

EDIT: fake list of fakeness removed

There is a list of Force Friday sets, and the new walker could be one of them, but there is also another large set listed.

Finn's Escape
Karp's Airspeeder
Siege on Mar R'havar
Kylo Ren's Advanced TIE Fighter
(TBC Official Name) Resistance Fighter
First Order Star Destroyer
Luk'es Jedi Temple (Acho-To)
The walkers are called FO HAW(the First Order Heavy Assault Walkers)IIRC. Called "gorilla walkers" by someone.

ghostmind

The walkers are called FO HAW(the First Order Heavy Assault Walkers)IIRC. Called "gorilla walkers" by someone.

That's the name (and nickname) I've heard as well.

If that Force Friday list is correct, then I wouldn't expect it until the later-December/January wave of sets.

That's the name (and nickname) I've heard as well.

If that Force Friday list is correct, then I wouldn't expect it until the later-December/January wave of sets.
Yeah.

For some fun: Which is the best set from each of the 8 movies in your opinions? Like, which is the best from ESB, TFA etc.

ghostmind

Yeah.

For some fun: Which is the best set from each of the 8 movies in your opinions? Like, which is the best from ESB, TFA etc.

Oh I like this idea.

Sets that I own, with UCS not included (bonus Rebels and Clone Wars):

I: 7962 Anakin & Sebulba's Podracers
II: 75021 Republic Gunship
III: 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter
IV: 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina
V: 75054 AT-AT
VI: 10236 Ewok Village
VII: 75105 Millennium Falcon
Rogue One: 75155 Rebel U-Wing Fighter
Rebels: 75053 The Ghost
Clone Wars: 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT

DonShula

Finn's Escape
Karp's Airspeeder
Siege on Mar R'havar
Kylo Ren's Advanced TIE Fighter
(TBC Official Name) Resistance Fighter
First Order Star Destroyer
Luk'es Jedi Temple (Acho-To)

I wonder how many of those will be building walls with minifigs. No pictures or piece counts yet right?

I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss knock-off brands here, so I will remove my post if it is against thread rules.

-Post deleted!

Ryuuroden

We talk about clone brands like megablocks or custom stuff but discussion of stuff from companies that outright steal and release bootlegs like Lepin we do not allow.

Top Bottom