• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senbatsu 2017 | Japan National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (Koshien)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monumma

0P9ibTJ.png

edit: 1st pitch of the 7th, Ueda Taku crushes one into the left field stands. 6-1.

Monumma

Uh.

Miura is not starting.

Good.

edit: pretty much everyone on the team but Miura pitched. It wasn't enough, 8-3 Houtoku Gakuen. Good on the kantoku (can't find a name). edit: I want to say Hayashi-kantoku?

Monumma

Game 3, Shuugakukan vs Kendai Takasaki.

Itou is starting the game with no rest but he didn't pitch more than 7 innings in a game yet.

2run HR by Kimoto.

edit:
Final score: 9-2 Shuugakukan.

Monumma

Game 4 - Toukaidai Fukuoka vs Osaka Touin

edit: what was that, the ending for Nigeru wa haji daga, yaku ni tatsu? (0-2 Osaka Toin, men on first and second, 1 out, bottom of the 7th)

2-4 Osaka Toin.

Osaka region too strong, pls nerf.

Beckx

3 Kansai teams
2 Osaka teams

possibility for all-Osaka final

pretty crazy.

Houtoku has scored over 30 runs in three games, right?

Beckx

Reminder that with semi-finals, the games start later than the previous days, with the first game starting at 10pm Eastern (11am Japan).

Will we get a Riseisha v. Osaka Toin final? Does Shuugakukan have any gas left? What about the Houtoku bats v Takeda Yuu?

Monumma

Props to the Osaka toin ouendan. They have more variety than everyone else. Today Radwimps.

I missed almost all of today, only half a inning left, 2-1 Osaka Toin, Riseisha is already waiting for them tomorrow, will we get the all Osakan final? edit: yes, we will.

Beckx

Man, you know Riseisha's kantoku really hoped to escape without using Takeda but it didn't happen. Based on how inconsistent Riseisha has looked you have to give Osaka Toin at least a shot to win the revenge match.

So I can either stay up really late to watch the final tonight, or get up really early to watch the Fighters' opening day game in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. But my favorite pitcher is starting for the Fighters so I kinda want to do that.

Lucumo

12:30pm

what a great day to be in Japan, Koshien final for the afternoon, NPB opening day for the evening.
Thanks. So it's how it usually is. Wanted to confirm it since yakyudb doesn't have it listed (still heavily prefer the old site).

Japan has it good. We have no baseball here...not that I'm interested in anything other than Japanese baseball anyway.

Beckx

Update: just saw a report that today's final is canceled due to inclement weather.

Confirmed via the app: final will now be tomorrow, 4/1, same time (12:30pm Japan time, 11:30pm Eastern)

Beckx

Exactly, hah, I can get to sleep early, wake up early to watch Arihara throw for the Fighters in the morning, and then watch the game tomorrow night.

was a great final!

pls thread come back for summer koshien! love watching koshien with gaf!

ty for thread, beckx

and see you all in summer~

akileese

Prefectural qualifying tournaments are getting ready to start. Well, Okinawa already started. Hokkaido starts over the weekend, and most of the rest in early July.

Details including brackets and live streaming here: http://www.asahi.com/koshien/schedule/chihou_table.html

Summer Koshien starts Aug 7 and the post will go up at some point during the day. See ya'll there!

Are those actually streamed or no? Looks like they're not.

Beckx

the final column in the table shows when they will start streaming. for most prefectures they will only stream from the finals or semi-finals. For a few they start earlier.

you can follow the brackets though (click the bracket symbol). though for really large prefectures (Osaka, East and West Tokyo) they won't provide updated brackets until after the early rounds are over.

i'm honestly shocked they aren't implementing a rule to stream every Waseda game. Kiyomiya is now sitting at 102 home runs. if Waseda makes the semis i am definitely staying up for that.

Lucumo

For those who don't know: Start of the tournament got pushed back by a day due to a typhoon. So no games today.

Beckx

For those who don't know: Start of the tournament got pushed back by a day due to a typhoon. So no games today.

I'll plan to get the thread up mid-afternoon (eastern) tomorrow.

Interesting tourney this year. Shame that Waseda Jitsugyou was eliminated. I saw their semifinal game where Kiyomiya hit his 107th HR, but missed the final where they lost.

Lucumo

I'll plan to get the thread up mid-afternoon (eastern) tomorrow.

Interesting tourney this year. Shame that Waseda Jitsugyou was eliminated. I saw their semifinal game where Kiyomiya hit his 107th HR, but missed the final where they lost.
Nice *thumbs up*

Really a shame but we will definitely get some interesting games regardless. Didn't catch any streams of the qualifying tournaments but this time around, I do have time. Just need to adjust my sleeping schedule a bit...

Monumma

As always I'll be watching. Here's hoping for a good website with usable vods.

I saw that they went back to having a fixed bracket until until the quarterfinals. The H2 fan in me is happy about this.

I already said my goodbyes to Kiyomiya last spring. I was happy to see his 100th and his 107th HRs on the front page of /r/baseball, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom