• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game assholes

Finalow

ff12-vaan.jpg

Trin3785 said:
Now that you mention it, I thought the main character of Prey was a complete Asshole with his "I don't believe in this spirit world crap" while he is in the fucking spirit world and his dead g-pa is talking with him. All that damn dude did was piss and moan.
And it was his karmic punishment to look at assholes all day on the mothership.

Soma

Deified Data said:
As much of a dick he was they could've at least still called him by his formal name

i mean the dude just died and they still call him by Mr. Moron. c'mon now

Acullis said:
He even gets killed because of how much of an asshole he is.

Still, I fuckin hate Yosuke.
Hah, yeah, is it just me or was Yosuke a huge homophobe? Sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

A few more...

Golden_Axe_II_Stage_4_bosses.png

Altered%20Beast-3.png

maneater.png

1205347-chiaki_large.jpg

Harbinger (ME franchise).

His race of reapers are not particularly nice chaps allowing entire races to rise to their peak, then going on a galactic killing spree. “Asshole” is just about appropriate, loads and loads of them.

zruben

Banned
I just remembered someone else:

massive 999 spoilers

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/999_conceptart_bRHCt.png

and also

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/999_conceptart_BYccM.png

Deified Data said:

Actually if you do enough digging you find out the only reason he's such a dick is because he ruined his life at a young age, and wants to encourage his students not to end up an unhappy sack of crap like he is.

Cygnus X-1

Magicpaint said:
There's this annoying bird in Majora's Mask that steals extremely valuable stuff like empty bottles and your sword in Termina field. Ugh.

Takkuri.jpg

Such a bastard. I remember him. Tingle was posted above.

Fimbulvetr said:
Actually if you do enough digging you find out the only reason he's such a dick is because he ruined his life at a young age, and wants to encourage his students not to end up an unhappy sack of crap like he is.
Eh, he's also kind of a pedo, which has no Freudian excuse.

Peagles

ScionOfTheRisingSun said:
Kratos.jpg

In God of War III he is no longer the underdog to identify with, he is just a bugger of godly proportion.

Came here to post this. When I play I actually get annoyed that I can't not be an arsehole as him...

sphinx

the piano man
Skies of Arcadia Legends has some assholes and I don't think a single one has been mentioned (haven't read all pages yet)

The first one is the admiral Alfonso, the first guy you meet in the game.

alfonso.jpg

Fimbulvetr said:
He only calls girls into his office to give them advice.
Hey, all I'm saying is that he took a little too much interest in their "purity". He's snobbish, judgemental, and hateful. Calling Kanji a piece of "garbage" isn't looking out for his best interests - it's just the ravings of a bitter old man.

Deified Data said:
Hey, all I'm saying is that he took a little too much interest in their "purity". He's snobbish, judgemental, and hateful. Calling Kanji a piece of "garbage" isn't looking out for his best interests - it's just the ravings of a bitter old man.

I'm not saying he isn't an asshole, but he definitely isn't the biggest in P4.

Also how come you posted Chiaki, but not Isamu?

Sephiroth.jpg

Go cry me a river about your mommy issues, dickwad.

Totally agree with Roy Earle btw.
I would buy the sequel just so I can give him what he deserves

Harry Flynn's a total dick too.
I wanted to put a bullet through his head and he deprived me of the satisfaction! Now what am I supposed to do with my life?!

Fimbulvetr said:
I'm not saying he isn't an asshole, but he definitely isn't the biggest in P4.

Also how come you posted Chiaki, but not Isamu?
Laziness, and a desire not to spam the thread with my SMT fanboyishness. In fact, I'd say Isamu is a bigger douche than Chiaki, for the simple reason that
he builds his entire Reason around self-reliance, yet shamelessly depends on you for his plans to succeed, not once owning up to his hypocricy.
But that's neither here nor there. Didn't want to look like I was unfairly ragging on Chiaki - she's my favorite Nocturne character, specifically because of her nature.

So, here he is, for the record. =)

1205349-isamu_large.jpg

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Chiaki I consider far more pathetic.

She was nothing but a weak lil shit and has the gall to bully the weak after she had power just thrown at her feet?

She had no right to do the things she did, she earned nothing whatsoever besides walking around getting her ass kicked. Her "strength" was nothing more than the left over remains of a demon who took pity on her. She's one of the most disgusting characters in the game.

Isamu is a hypocrite but thats what I liked about him, in the end he retained more of his humanity than Chiaki ever could. He wanted a way that everybody could be happy in the end, he wanted an ultimate solution that didn't involve human suffering. People like Chiaki, born rich and privileged, her reason is nothing more than an extension of the silver spoon in her mouth. She could never understand what it truly means to be born weak and poor, to have to struggle and survive. Everything was handed to her before the apocalypse and after.

Awntawn

213px-Link_Artwork_1_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Breaks into people's houses, smashes all their furniture, and takes all their money. In front of them. Then even has to nerve to talk to them.

Dr. Chaos said:
Chiaki I consider far more pathetic.

She was nothing but a weak lil shit and has the gall to bully the weak after she had power just thrown at her feet?

She had no right to do the things she did, she earned nothing whatsoever besides walking around getting her ass kicked. Her "strength" was nothing more than the left over remains of a demon who took pity on her. She's one of the most disgusting characters in the game.

Isamu is a hypocrite but thats what I liked about him, in the end he retained more of his humanity than Chiaki ever could. He wanted a way that everybody could be happy in the end, he wanted an ultimate solution that didn't involve human suffering. People like Chiaki, born rich and privileged, her reason is nothing more than an extension of the silver spoon in her mouth. She could never understand what it truly means to be born weak and poor, to have to struggle and survive. Everything was handed to her before the apocalypse and after.

I'll simply say this:
I find Chiaki admirable because she managed to shed her humanity, and adapt to a world not meant for human beings. While she may have been born to a life of luxury, it was the distinct difference between her former life and her new life in the Vortex World that finally breaks her. While generally arrogant and elitist throughout the game, the Chiaki allied with Ba'al Avatar is not the same Chiaki we meet at the hospital, nor does she feel the way she does for the same reasons. She realized a lesson that the Hito-Shura also learned relatively early on: the only way to survive the Vortex World is sheer, brute strength. Chiaki is made infinitely more powerful by being beaten down by the Vortex World and being built back up again, as opposed to Isamu who cowardly hid in the Amala Network, waiting for it to be over. He stumbled across his power through sheer dumb luck. Imagine how much inner-strength Chiaki must have had to survive the Vortex World for as long as she did (half the game) without any support or demonic powers.

So, I won't lie out my ass and say she's a likable character. She's not. That's why I posted her to this thread. That being said, you have to admire someone capable of so much change through sheer force of will. Or not. Opinions will certainly vary. Fact is, the Vortex World demanded its inhabitants adapt an entirely different set of values, and I think Chiaki's were probably the best suited to survival.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Spiffy_1st said:
180px-Ffta-marche.jpg

Obligatory.

Harry Dresden said:
180px-Ffta-marche.jpg

That is Marche from Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced.

The kid and his cripple brother move into a sleepy snowy town and meet some school mates who have boring lives full of self-esteem and self-image issues.

His cripple brother reads the Final Fantasy Book and re-writes reality that pretty much over-writes our world with the Final Fantasy World.

Now our dork-new-kid-hero is a low-ranking bounty hunter, the crippled brother is also a bounty hunter and no longer cripple. The self-esteem kid with daddy issues (because his dad is kind of a deadbeat) is now the son of the leader or Judges, etc. etc. etc.

Pretty much everyone's life was BETTER in the fantasy world but Marche has to come stomping in and make everyone fight to unwrite the world back to normal for no other reason than the fact that it's not 'real'.

i dont want to derail the thread, but i couldnt disagree more.

Awntawn said:
213px-Link_Artwork_1_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Breaks into people's houses, smashes all their furniture, and takes all their money. In front of them. Then even has to nerve to talk to them.

Uh, actually, no he doesn't

Hurtin4Certain said:

I came to post specifically this one eagle in the snow level.

ngmountain.gif

EDIT:

SafeinSound said:
If you wanna meet some real video game assholes play DotA.

Fixed

Satchel

Banned
Bison was an asshole pre-Alpha versions.

Seth was a fuck until you figured out his trick.

Shao Khan if you beat him in Round 1. Fucks your shit up after that.

So many other right answers in this thread though. Good work everyone.

Top Bottom