• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
gw286j8sho.jpg
My monitor is broken welcome to past..
a 4:3 picture
lol
FML..

Morokh

I'm actually a bit disappointed by the drastic difficulty drop in the demo compared to Heart of Thorns. By and large mobs are a joke compared to the Heart of Thorns mobs. Most of the standard mobs only have 8k-10k health as well, which is lower than 80 mobs in Core Tyria and much lower than the 15-25k you usually saw with Heart of Thorns monsters.

I have to agree with you here, Bounties are fine, there seems to be crazy stuff in there, but the rest feels a little bit tame.
I have no issues with it being like that if there are other areas on the maps that are a bit more intense, but if everything is like that I'm not interested much ...

The new map looks really nice though.
(reposting these here from the other thread)

Jira

Thing is I really think the drastic difficulty spike is what drove a lot of people away from HoT. I think they have the metrics to know what works and what doesn't in terms of open world gameplay. We'll have to see come launch.

I don't like the raptor, it feels too clunky IMHO. Hopefully the other mounts are better.

I'm glad the normal horizontal maps are back I find them so much more enjoyable and user friendly.

Indignate

I could see them undertuning monsters a bit just because someone who's literally never played the game could have this be their first ever GW2 experience and they want it to be not too crazy.

I would expect anyone who comes to the second expansion for this game as their first thing they've ever done in it would get their ass handed to them regardless and should probably expect as much themselves.

I'm hoping for a little bit of a difficulty increased compared to what we have now. As someone else mentioned, I have no clue what any of these enemies do cuz they all just die too fast and don't pose any real threat.

You can use the dis-mount for jumping exploration, the dis-mount makes your character jump up and you can glide almost right away, been using it to scale areas i feel like i can get too..

Another nice touch was the tour guide person who informs you about the various elite specializations basically says he doesn't know anything about Revenants and Renegades because they don't really have those in Elona and all the ones here are mostly foreigners.

These are the little details I fucking love that the core game and HoT were missing.

Anno

I would expect anyone who comes to the second expansion for this game as their first thing they've ever done in it would get their ass handed to them regardless and should probably expect as much themselves.

I'm hoping for a little bit of a difficulty increased compared to what we have now. As someone else mentioned, I have no clue what any of these enemies do cuz they all just die too fast and don't pose any real threat.

I think it'll be harder at launch. Right now though this is acting as something of a marketing event so you don't want the completely new people to have no fun at all.

You can use the dis-mount for jumping exploration, the dis-mount makes your character jump up and you can glide almost right away, been using it to scale areas i feel like i can get too..
the rabbit mount makes it clear this is an intended mechanic too, so i imagine it'll be used in jumping puzzles and such.
Another nice touch was the tour guide person who informs you about the various elite specializations basically says he doesn't know anything about Revenants and Renegades because they don't really have those in Elona and all the ones here are mostly foreigners.

These are the little details I fucking love that the core game and HoT were missing.
yeah, i'm really glad about this. Feels really thematic and grounded.

Stuart444

Hey Hawkian, if I downloaded the correct gamepad set up from you (which I believe I did), then X is bound to R1/RB + dpad down already (which is also the F5 skill).

It seems like (though I've only tested it with the random mesmer that I made) that it prioritizes the mount over the F5 skill if they are both not on CD. Not sure yet how things work in battle but thought it was worth mentioning.

edit: seems like mount is disabled after combat begins so it shouldn't cause any conflict I think? Though maybe it might on another profession. I've not tested much out besides that.

Ashodin

wat? amazing

Morokh

One of the NPC's refer to them as 'specializations' which I find a bit odd personally.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Hey if anyone can throw a guild invite my way it would be much appreciated. WhiteWalker 8193.

Was in the guild a few years back but life took me away from the game. Checking things out to see if I should get both expansions.

Thanks !

Goldrush

Are you guys getting a big performance hit in the demo? I'm getting World Bosses framerates dislike lacking the hundreds of players on screen. PoF might have pushed up the system requirement to the point where I might need to upgrade my system.

Jira

Are you guys getting a big performance hit in the demo? I'm getting World Bosses framerates dislike lacking the hundreds of players on screen. PoF might have pushed up the system requirement to the point where I might need to upgrade my system.

The town area is usually a bigger hit than what we're used to. Honestly I think it's due to open sight lines making it harder to cull stuff. That and they're likely not quite done optimizing yet, I'm sure they're using this beta to gather a lot of data for that.

Anno

Nice to see that a ton of stuff is already being added to the wiki. I wish one out of fifty games had half the wiki that GW2 does.

Jira

Nice to see that a ton of stuff is already being added to the wiki. I wish one out of fifty games had half the wiki that GW2 does.

Yeah every time I go to check to see if something needs to be added, it already has been. Impressive work.

Ashodin

Try deleting your cache

• Close your game completely.
  • Browse your My Computer to: “C:\Users\YourComputerUserName”
  • Then in the window menus, click on “Tools” then “Folder Options…”
  • In the window that pops up, click the “View” tab
  • Select to “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and click ‘OK’ (attached image #1)
  • You should now see a folder in your file listing called “AppData”, open this folder
  • Inside that folder open the “Local” folder
  • Inside that folder open the “Temp” folder
  • You should now see a folder called “gw2cache-{bunch-of-letters-and-numbers}”.
  • Delete these gw2cache folder.

adversarial

What server is everyone on? Sorry, none of the images in the OT seem to load for me.

I'm dealing with this weird issue with the GW2 launcher / installer. Downloads a few percentage then the download speed slows to 0 kb/s and locks up my computer. Finally got to 25% to be able to open the client just now after 2 hours.

Messed w/ Firewall, Antivirius, everything, so I'm not sure what it is.

Jira

What server is everyone on? Sorry, none of the images in the OT seem to load for me.

I'm dealing with this weird issue with the GW2 launcher / installer. Downloads a few percentage then the download speed slows to 0 kb/s and locks up my computer. Finally got to 25% to be able to open the client just now after 2 hours.

Messed w/ Firewall, Antivirius, everything, so I'm not sure what it is.

Servers only matter for WvW, otherwise everything is on megaservers. NA and EU are separate though as a whole. As for your download issue, it could be a port issue. Check here:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/Update-Won-t-download-suggestions/6688623

I feel like a complete buffoon but I cannot for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to get to the Crystal Oasis or where to start the Path of Fire's 1st Chapter. I have the invite in my inventory but there's nothing in my hero journal or anything like that. Where the heck do I go? :(

Hellers

I feel like a complete buffoon but I cannot for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to get to the Crystal Oasis or where to start the Path of Fire's 1st Chapter. I have the invite in my inventory but there's nothing in my hero journal or anything like that. Where the heck do I go? :(

Create a new character in one of your two demo slots

jmartoine

I know most people are playing the preview this weekend so apologies for derailing. In LW season 3 did try bring back the Hearts? That was something I really missed from HoT zones.

I know most people are playing the preview this weekend so apologies for derailing. In LW season 3 did try bring back the Hearts? That was something I really missed from HoT zones.
They implemented hearts that are repeatable daily with daily rewards for said completion. They're present in PoF as well.

Jira

You know what's really cool?
Each bounty can spawn with different mechanics.
I had done 6 or so bounties and just a bit ago, Ash and I saw a new mechanic neither of us had seen before. The randomness factor of those mechanics will keep bounties feeling fresh for a long time.
It's awesome cause there's 18 bounties in the first zone alone.
Having spawnable on demand group content is so damn good.

Morokh

You know what's really cool?
Each bounty can spawn with different mechanics.
I had done 6 or so bounties and just a bit ago, Ash and I saw a new mechanic neither of us had seen before. The randomness factor of those mechanics will keep bounties feeling fresh for a long time.
It's awesome cause there's 18 bounties in the first zone alone.
Having spawnable on demand group content is so damn good.

Let's just hope they built that system so that they can add more of those as times goes, would be a shame for it to become boring after we all master the half dozen variations involved.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized something.

At first I was against mounts in core tyria, but now I realized its beauty.

NO MORE REQUIRED SPEED TRAITS.

though this means RIP traveler runes

Faabulous

Can I get a guild invite?

Name is Fabulous.9536

I've come back to the game, last time I played was before HoT and I've been having a ton o fun.

I just realized something.

At first I was against mounts in core tyria, but now I realized its beauty.

NO MORE REQUIRED SPEED TRAITS.

though this means RIP traveler runes
Yeah this is the bit that convinced me that core mounts was okay.

That said, I really wish they'd followed in the path of the junundu and made it so that you have to go to a specific place(s) to mount up. Like, you had to find a raptor to mount a raptor. It would allow for interesting puzzle-y gameplay too.

For example: There's a chasm that's easily crossed by the raptor mount, but there's a cliff you need the rabbit mount to get to. Since you can only use one mount, you have to find an alternate way to cross the chasm which involved a jumping puzzle with the rabbit mount so that you can access the cliff.

Idk, just seems more organic. These are still the best feeling mounts in an MMO but I'm not huge on the concept still.

Jira

Let's just hope they built that system so that they can add more of those as times goes, would be a shame for it to become boring after we all master the half dozen variations involved.

Agreed, I would love to see them add new bounties every LW update. Even just NEW encounters in the new zones and maybe new modifiers to the existing pool to keep the old ones fresh too. I really hope the bounty system is something they expand on.

Hey if anyone can throw a guild invite my way it would be much appreciated. WhiteWalker 8193.

Was in the guild a few years back but life took me away from the game. Checking things out to see if I should get both expansions.

Thanks !

Can I get a guild invite? Taranis.2074

Can I get a guild invite?

Name is Fabulous.9536

I've come back to the game, last time I played was before HoT and I've been having a ton o fun.

Invites sent.

Hedge

Doing map completion in the HoT maps and it's so difficult to find anyone for the hero points. I don't remember it being this hard to find others for them.

I hope there are no more HoT legendaries I'm interested in after The Shining Blade so I don't have to do it a third time.
Astralaria was worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom