• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

Had 5 free slots after the PoF purchase so I made 5 new characters, one of each race.
Got them all to 80 with scrolls and tomes (and still have over 100 tomes left, hah).

My new engie is my fav.
zJ8lehq.png

Mifec

Do you need anything special before you the first tier fractals or are they easy enough?

I pretty much did everything else I wanted since I came back.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Do you need anything special before you the first tier fractals or are they easy enough?

I pretty much did everything else I wanted since I came back.

just having exotic equipment with runes, lv80, and keeping your wits about you should be fine

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Not sure if I can get back into this. My muscle memory is still there but I swapped to using an XB1 controller on my PC and the tiny bumpers don't work nearly as well as a Logitech controller's. Xpadder seems to have died post Windows 10 upgrade, although controller companion ($3 on Steam) is far superior - wish I had that back in the day. Autohotkey seems to be wonky and I'm not a fan of the action camera's placement - can that be changed? Gonna try different controller schemes and see if that works.

On the bright side, I found my ARAH shirt.

poS6Btz.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Edit: I think I'm gonna go with Ranger, Druid sounds like a lot of fun later on. My account name is Gala.2857
Just saw this, I can definitely get on tonight to add you. There is a robust system to belong to multiple guilds and switch freely (you can even see chat from other guilds while representing a different one) so don't hesitate to look into joining others as well if you want something wvw focused or bigger. :)

We do guild missions at 9pm eastern on Saturdays and quite a few can be joined even if you're not level 80

Not sure if I can get back into this. My muscle memory is still there but I swapped to using an XB1 controller on my PC and the tiny bumpers don't work nearly as well as a Logitech controller's. Xpadder seems to have died post Windows 10 upgrade, although controller companion ($3 on Steam) is far superior - wish I had that back in the day. Autohotkey seems to be wonky and I'm not a fan of the action camera's placement - can that be changed? Gonna try different controller schemes and see if that works.
The legacy version of Xpadder bundled here (https://github.com/hawkian/Gamepad-Mode-Action-Cam) definitely still works in Win10 with compatibility mode. Not sure what you mean about the action camera placement though sadly.
Had 5 free slots after the PoF purchase so I made 5 new characters, one of each race.
Got them all to 80 with scrolls and tomes (and still have over 100 tomes left, hah).

My new engie is my fav.
zJ8lehq.png
That looks awesome. I use that chest on one of my thief builds too :)

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Not sure what you mean about the action camera placement though sadly.

I'll click the button to toggle action camera on and the camera shifts upward a bit. It messes with where I expect the cursor to be when I toggle back and forth frequently for strafing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Interesting... I never even consider disabling it during combat so I'm not sure, I'll try to play around with it. What is the benefit of turning it off for strafing?

I glanced at the Weaver skills in the screen capture from the link Ash provided last night briefly and there are so many options it was a bit overwhelming haha This should mean Weaver has a lot of possibilities and flexibility in builds which is only a good thing. I'll need a deeper look to figure out what the best build option will be though I know the meta guys will churn out what they consider best anyway. Can't wait for the walk through video! That's what we're getting this weekend, right? It will be similar to what they did with HoT's reveal for specializations?

I still need to do the final episode of LS3 but I'll be glad to not have to mess with that unique skill that pops up for boss battles. I think there wasn't a way to work it into Xpadder, right, Hawkian? I'm really hoping this won't be a thing in PoF haha

nataku

I'll click the button to toggle action camera on and the camera shifts upward a bit. It messes with where I expect the cursor to be when I toggle back and forth frequently for strafing.

There is a bug with the action camera that I reported several times but they never fixed. Anything to the left of 50% on the Vertical Postion Far slider resets to 50% height when you go into action camera, so it shifts the camera up. The slider will still say it's at what you set it at so the normal camera will shift back down when you exit action camera. There is no way to counter that. The only way you can get the height consistent between both modes is keeping that slider at 50% or higher and adjusting the others to see if you can get something more to your liking.

Ashodin

I glanced at the Weaver skills in the screen capture from the link Ash provided last night briefly and there are so many options it was a bit overwhelming haha This should mean Weaver has a lot of possibilities and flexibility in builds which is only a good thing. I'll need a deeper look to figure out what the best build option will be though I know the meta guys will churn out what they consider best anyway. Can't wait for the walk through video! That's what we're getting this weekend, right? It will be similar to what they did with HoT's reveal for specializations?

I still need to do the final episode of LS3 but I'll be glad to not have to mess with that unique skill that pops up for boss battles. I think there wasn't a way to work it into Xpadder, right, Hawkian? I'm really hoping this won't be a thing in PoF haha
You'll be able to play them the weekend of the 18!

Dizzy-4U

My new engie is my fav.
zJ8lehq.png
If you level up through scrolls and tomes, do you still need to look for hero points around the maps?

I know that every skill is unlocked with the lvl 80 boost (minus the elite) but not so sure with the tomes/scrolls.

Massicot

If you level up through scrolls and tomes, do you still need to look for hero points around the maps?

I know that every skill is unlocked with the lvl 80 boost (minus the elite) but not so sure with the tomes/scrolls.

It's the same. If you level up with Tomes you'll still be able to max out everything except the elite spec.

th3dude

We do guild missions at 9pm eastern on Saturdays and quite a few can be joined even if you're not level 80

Glad to hear missions are still happening!

Were you guys able to go through and get a guild hall going? I'm just catching up on what it is and how to upgrade it and all that. Haven't played since pre HoT.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Glad to hear missions are still happening!

Were you guys able to go through and get a guild hall going? I'm just catching up on what it is and how to upgrade it and all that. Haven't played since pre HoT.
Yeah we have a well-fortified guild hall. Not completely maxed but the remaining upgrades are unremarkable. You can visit it to get buffs (I think either XP or magic find if I remember right) and it has the major vendors, resource nodes and crafting,

Yeah it's on there now, I worked it in as I believe RB + right on the D-pad. Previously had added RB + left for the F5 skills. It works. I think I added it to the latest version on the github, I will check when I get home.

Spyware

Yeah as said it's the same as leveling any other way. :)
I'm taking him on a HoT HP run this weekend to unlock Holosmith as soon as possible.

That looks awesome. I use that chest on one of my thief builds too :)
Kind as always <3
I have actually not used that one before! Not really been a nice fit for any of my asura characters before so I'm happy that I made one who "can" use it :D

Hellers

Tonight I have mostly been using Dulfy guides for finding mastery points (They're really good guides). I'm currently four away from being able to max out gliding which is my current goal.

I'm nearly at lean but running events in Bloodstone fen seems to be the most time effective way of getting that XP these days.

I can't wait for the demo weekend

For dungeons have they added a dungeon finder like in WoW? Where you can choose a dungeon and queue up?
No, however there's a party finding system with categories for individual dungeons. so you don't have to spam map chat or anything, you just post a "LFG" in the party find window and wait for folks to join.

Pardon the double post. Apparently (I assume as part of the pre-expac rebalancing), WvW is having gliding introduced as a new WvW-specific mastery, only usable in territories owned by your faction. And ascended PvP and WvW armor are essentially being changed to legendary with stat swapping and stat boosts.

Forum posts:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Gliding-and-Territories-in-WvW
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-PvP-Ascended-Armor-Upgrades/first#post6670394

Ashodin

Pardon the double post. Apparently (I assume as part of the pre-expac rebalancing), WvW is having gliding introduced as a new WvW-specific mastery, only usable in territories owned by your faction. And ascended PvP and WvW armor are essentially being changed to legendary with stat swapping and stat boosts.

Forum posts:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Gliding-and-Territories-in-WvW
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-PvP-Ascended-Armor-Upgrades/first#post6670394

holy shit, huge

Yeah we have a well-fortified guild hall. Not completely maxed but the remaining upgrades are unremarkable. You can visit it to get buffs (I think either XP or magic find if I remember right) and it has the major vendors, resource nodes and crafting,

Yeah it's on there now, I worked it in as I believe RB + right on the D-pad. Previously had added RB + left for the F5 skills. It works. I think I added it to the latest version on the github, I will check when I get home.

Nice! Good job. I'll wait to see if it's a common thing in PoF and if it is, I'll make the swap. Good to know you found a solution.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just bought the game because the Expansion stream looked really intriguing. Is there still an active GAF guild somewhere?
Added ya

Yeah as said it's the same as leveling any other way. :)
I'm taking him on a HoT HP run this weekend to unlock Holosmith as soon as possible.

Kind as always <3
I have actually not used that one before! Not really been a nice fit for any of my asura characters before so I'm happy that I made one who "can" use it :D
:D

Just the ol' Golemancer of mine
YG52op8.png

Wanderer5

Interesting that you can upgrade the tier 2 armor also to legendary status. Overall the upgrade for these ascended sets in WvW/PvP is a pretty great idea.

Honestly the Mistforged Triumphant Hero set might as well been legendary.:p

Jira

Have they said whether these elite specs will unlock the same way as the HoT ones?
servers dying?

They haven't mentioned it specifically, but we know you don't need a previous Elite to unlock a new one. It makes sense that the number of hero points will remain the same for every elite spec.

They haven't mentioned it specifically, but we know you don't need a previous Elite to unlock a new one. It makes sense that the number of hero points will remain the same for every elite spec.
I was thinking maybe it would require a collection or some story step or achievement to unlock traits or something.

Hellers

I managed to get all the points I need to max out gliding last night. Tonight's job is to grind events in Bloodstone Fen to get the XP I need.

I also managed to get enough Tyria mastery points to unlock the entire pact commander branch (I was two skills short). I'm not looting my own stuff like a peasant :) These days where's a good Tyria spot for events?

Yeah I have Leyline gliding now, and auto loot. Feels good man.

Congratz...Auto loot is the best, I max that line out month after the game launch, still have to loot in WvW though, and sometimes in PvE, Garent chest after TD meta sometimes don't auto loot..

Morokh

I forgot about auto loot, i need that shit! Is there a generally faster way of levelling up that mastery?

Tagging everything you come across in the Silverwastses for XP, with some boosters on might still be your best bet, and if you're missing some central Tyria mastery points they added a few new ones that you can simply channel in the open-world to make up for some that are locked behind Season 2.

Indignate

Congratz...Auto loot is the best, I max that line out month after the game launch, still have to loot in WvW though, and sometimes in PvE, Garent chest after TD meta sometimes don't auto loot..

I think its a range thing. The Gerent chest normally spawns too far to get auto-looted.

Rank 4 of Provisions Master has auto-loot on it for WvW. I think it's only like 20 points total to unlock.

Morokh

Wow the announcement of gliding in WwW has provoked quite a stir ...

I get the people that think that between Gliding ( and possibly mounts ) this might create a real imbalance in the way people that own one or the other expansions will be able to get around the maps but there is a ton of people that just reject the idea although it was one of the most requested thing two years ago ...

I get the people that think that between Gliding ( and possibly mounts ) this might create a real imbalance in the way people that own one or the other expansions will be able to get around the maps but there is a ton of people that just reject the idea although it was one of the most requested thing two years ago ...

It's $30, shouldn't get left behind the price is chump change....the Deluxe and Ultimate offers nothing game changing, already started to save gold to make sure by the time the PoF comes out i have 3000gems for mounts skin lol, I am buying the standard version already have 15 character slots, as a Vet player the other version just a waste of money..

Massicot

This seems like a silly argument when not buying one or both expansions also means you have to compete with elite specs you don't have access to, lol.

Morokh

This seems like a silly argument when not buying one or both expansions also means you have to compete with elite specs you don't have access to, lol.

Without the elite specs you still can pull your weight in WwW especially in a zerg.

When movement is concerned imagine a zerg where half of it is left behind during an engagement because most people don't have access to gliding, or they can't jump the cliff with their mounts that becomes ... a bit more problematic :p

Massicot

Without the elite specs you still can pull your weight in WwW especially in a zerg.

When movement is concerned imagine a zerg where half of it is left behind during an engagement because most people don't have access to gliding, or they can't jump the cliff with their mounts that becomes ... a bit more problematic :p

Yea, this makes sense. Good point.

SourBear

Banned
So I left this game shortly after HoT. I'm wanting to jump back in for this new expansion. The HoT expansion areas turned me off from the game. From what I've seen of the new expansion area it seems like an improvement - but I guess that really remains to be seen.

How is the Revenant? I'm looking at either jumping in to main either Rev., Guardian, or Necro. And I am interested in doing group PvE content in addition to some WvW here and there.

So I left this game shortly after HoT. I'm wanting to jump back in for this new expansion. The HoT expansion areas turned me off from the game. From what I've seen of the new expansion area it seems like an improvement - but I guess that really remains to be seen.

How is the Revenant? I'm looking at either jumping in to main either Rev., Guardian, or Necro. And I am interested in doing group PvE content in addition to some WvW here and there.
There's a really substantial rebalancing soon, I'd wait until after that to pick a main if you want a better chance of being on a strong class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom