• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology announced - 3DS full remake + new scenario

Jintor

three things i remember about radiant historia:

JRPG Hero that actually seems like a competent human being
Cool semi grid-based battle system
dope music

Not sure if I'm ready to jump back in even though it was probably the best RPG of that era to me. What did catch my attention though was that the letter I in "Radiant" got accented in the logo. I wonder why they'd do that, unless they wanted to evoke a Roman numeral "1". Crossing my fingers that this is prepwork for a successor.

Psxphile

Oh, so this time-travel game gets a full handheld remake AND bonus scenario (lead up to possible sequel?) but the undisputed King of jRPGs gets ignored.

I see how it is.

Well here is a game that I would happily double dip on. Still haven't upgraded to a new 3ds model so hopefully the game doesn't run bad on the older models.

ruimound

I made and hibernated this NeoGAF account in 2012 and just started using it again yesterday. My avatar is from Radiant Historia, so I guess I must have liked it. Don't remember much beyond the basic premise though, and even that's somewhat loose.

Rymuth

three things i remember about radiant historia:

JRPG Hero that actually seems like a competent human being
Cool semi grid-based battle system
dope music
Stocke had a good head on his shoulders. It was refreshing seeing an MC who gets with the program, per se.

Richie

Still got the original unplayed. May as well wait to see how this one gets received and if I should try the game in this version instead.

ZeroX03

Banned
Day one if localized. Iffy on that. It would have to happen soon. It's an incredible game though.

A translation patch could happen if the script hasn't changed too much (and the additional stuff isn't too intensive).

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This late in the 3DS's life and with voice acting, is there any chance of this getting localized? I really liked the game on DS (played it recently on 3DS), and I wouldn't mind revisiting it in the future with this new version.

GSR

It's impossible to tell from the tiny resolution Famitsu preview, but I wonder if the graphics are 3D now.

I'm wondering this too. The environments were all 3D already IIRC.

I'm hoping for redrawn sprites, but I fear we're getting 3DS JRPG Proportions (tm).

I'm wondering this too. The environments were all 3D already IIRC.

I'm hoping for redrawn sprites, but I fear we're getting 3DS JRPG Proportions (tm).
Yeah would prefer sprites if they're going for those proportions. The sprites were okay on DS even, just would like more detailed environments.

This late in the 3DS's life and with voice acting, is there any chance of this getting localized? I really liked the game on DS (played it recently on 3DS), and I wouldn't mind revisiting it in the future with this new version.

Not unless Atlus plans on selling a 3DS game in mid 2018.

So like, a 20% chance, actually. Same with their unannounced SMT 3DS game.

duckroll

Not unless Atlus plans on selling a 3DS game in mid 2018.

So like, a 20% chance, actually. Same with their unannounced SMT 3DS game.

They will localize the SMT game no matter what. It's part of their core brand. Stuff like EOV and RH though? Better pray to all the gods you worship. Etc.

It's impossible to tell from the tiny resolution Famitsu preview, but I wonder if the graphics are 3D now.
Pretty sure it's still using sprites. I can spot Stocke's slashing animation where his scarf is hovering in the exact same position. The lighting saturation of the characters also looks like they aren't being lit the same way as the backgrounds, also leaning towards the conclusion of them still using sprites.

Fuck me, this is becoming a trend. I buy a game, rerelease/remake gets announced the next month. Like fucking clockwork. Same thing happened with ultimate marvel. Can someone get me a crystal ball or a seer so I can see into the future and not buy games that are gonna have remakes! And why is this on 3ds? Switch needs support, like yesterday.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
C7bVEi5VAAAo_eP.jpg:large
eOPAzqW.jpg

MSMrRound

Fuck me, this is becoming a trend. I buy a game, rerelease/remake gets announced the next month. Like fucking clockwork. Same thing happened with ultimate marvel. Can someone get me a crystal ball or a seer so I can see into the future and not buy games that are gonna have remakes! And why is this on 3ds? Switch needs support, like yesterday.

Please buy The World Ends With You next

I bought this game for DS back when it was reprinted after being so rare. Damn.

Oh well, I should get this version then with the extra scenario.

Sinople

I don't know what to think of a remake considering the original game isn't that old, but that logo... they're teasing a sequel aren't they?

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
The GOAT DS game getting a full remake? Omg omg omg omg omg. I'm so happy that I'm losing my shit right now.

Will sell soul for a localization.

A little disappointed it's not a new game, but hopefully if it does well enough, they'll work on one. The more people playing this game the better

Edit: Well let's hope for a localization to start off.

Jimm

Absolutely loved the game, day 1 for this remake I've forgotten a lot because I played it in such a small amount of time haha

Dekutulla

I put the original down to play 999 a while ago and couldn't get myself to keep going once I finished and tried to pick it back up, hopefully the remake gives me enough motivation to finish it.

Top Bottom