• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

show me the absolute WORST character design you can think of

ZoronMaro

So thanks thread for reminding me there's worse out there, but when I think of bad character designs Marie from Persona 4 Golden is always the first to mind.
latest

Why are they blindfolded
i5EDfFogNb1Fx.gif

Tracer, from Overwatch. A character so utterly by the numbers that the only things memorable about her are the controversy over her ass, and the catchphrase that you couldn't avoid if you saw their marketing at all.

MCTtHxS.png
I would be okay with Tracer if she didn't constantly get a skin in almost every event and be in the front of everything.

Yeah I know she's the poster girl.

Andrin

Jesus what the fuck is that hair.

Japan, you do know your hair can not physically contort like that right?

Runner up probably Vaan from FF12, AKA discount Aladdin.

To be fair, Seymour is half Guado, a race of sentient tree people. Their hair is pretty much made out of branches. It doesn't really excuse the strange design, but at least there is an in game explanation for it for once.

ZoronMaro

Her design isn't bad, but her as a character is terrible.

I disagree, her character obviously didn't help, but I hated the design the first time I saw it and never got used to how stupid it looked over the whole game. I'd argue it's worse than some of the other mentions in this thread because Persona by and large has good character designs so she really sticks out like a sore thumb.

dawgparty

latest

I can appreciate a titty monster fighting game character but Ivy is just a monstrosity.

So thanks thread for reminding me there's worse out there, but when I think of bad character designs Marie from Persona 4 Golden is always the first to mind.
latest

God I hate her design.

Mailbox

ITT people don't understand what themeing through design is or what "absolutely worst design" is either.

either way the answer is Nooj (edit: or spyro from skylanders... or young conker)

Exotoro

latest

This is Dr. Puzz from Yooka Laylee and jesus what a bad character design. You have the weird tentacle hands, the beard, and just overall it looks clunky and not well done. Easily one of the worst designs in a game that already has some bad character designs.

There's such an obvious bias against characters someone just doesn't like and characters that legit are the worst designed. Lara Croft doesn't belong here at all.

OmegaX

Their removal is a pivotal moment.
Why? Do they have tentacles instead of eyes? Wait, no. I've seen them without the blindfols in trailers. I'm sure there is an in-universe explanation about the blindfols but that doesn't mean they don't look stupid. There is an in-universe explation of why Quiet has to be always almost naked but that doesn't make it OK.

What's that one game that's sort of like a Metroidvania, supposedly it's really good, but the character art looks like deviantart furry bullshit?

That one.

Fuck. I remembered it before making this post. DUST: An Elysian Tail

606N7sJ.jpg

I will never play this game.

Why? Do they have tentacles instead of eyes? Wait, no. I've seen them without the blindfols in trailers. I'm sure there is an in-universe explanation about the blindfols but that doesn't mean they don't look stupid. There is an in-universe explation of why Quiet has to be always almost naked but that doesn't make it OK.
I feel to see how them wearing blindfold is as bad as Quiet being almost naked.

Well, I'll put it this way:
Its a combat visor. Think Microsoft HoloLens.

Top Bottom