• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but small price to pay for no jet packs, armor lock, or camo.
Think Twice is okay, but it's a total joke map. It feels like a kid made it, not something that should be in Reach's Serious Business ranked playlist. Totally agreed on no jetpack, though. Honestly, I think I hate Jetpack more than Armor Lock.

Tomorrow is going to be fun.
Gonna be a good morning.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So it's 12pm eastern right?

That's good. I have some time to soak it all up and then watch the Mets season opener.

senador

Banned
Think Twice is okay, but it's a total joke map. It feels like a kid made it, not something that should be in Reach's Serious Business ranked playlist. Totally agreed on no jetpack, though. Honestly, I think I hate Jetpack more than Armor Lock..

Oh shit, I was thinking of Select. Think Twice is awful. I agree with you that is should not have these "joke" maps in the sea business playlist. Select does play better without jet packs though.

I hate jet packs worse than AL too I think.

Ugh I am now remembering this round of Doubles Devolution and I did on Select that was beyond frustrating. Dudes jet packing around the pillars and getting up high and shit. Grr.

So it's 12pm eastern right?

That's good. I have some time to soak it all up and then watch the Mets season opener.

Not hitting the gym in the morning tomorrow so I can watch some baseball. Can't wait.

Mets fan? I grew up in Seattle, I feel that pain of shitty team bro.

Definitely watching Red Sox and Tigers tomorrow. Lester v Verlander should be awesome.

Just had to use Waypoint to look at my stats. It's awful!

GhaleonEB

No expectations.

Something is going to happen obviously, but a magazine cover/article just doesn't excite me. By far the worst medium to get news about a video game from. Hopefully it's something else/more.

My hope is for a tidbit. An elaboration on some of the things teased in the last round of coverage. Maybe new media of an updated build. Maybe a new vidoc. Maybe the GI cover reveal. Maybe Frankie did a new Mister Chief (I'd be most excited for that one).

Maybe nothing, and the 343 guys are laughing their asses off because it's all coming next Tuesday instead. Which would also be entertaining. I think I'm good to go no matter what.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Not hitting the gym in the morning tomorrow so I can watch some baseball. Can't wait.

Mets fan? I grew up in Seattle, I feel that pain of shitty team bro.

Definitely watching Red Sox and Tigers tomorrow. Lester v Verlander should be awesome.

Just had to use Waypoint to look at my stats. It's awful!
:(

Every game I've played today has been against T04s, regardless of if I go in with or without a party, and it's fucking annoying.
That may have killed the game for me more than anything else. The majority of Reach I played was solo and you just get slaughtered when getting matched up against full teams of non-randoms.
This, so much this.

I saw a ton of guest multi-kills. Not that he's bad though, he does a great job with the sniper. Though shotgun + sword in a montage. LOL
I just don't even enjoy watching highlights anymore unless they include some solid precision weapon usage outside of the sniper rifle and other power weapons. Show me a montage of all pistol multi-kills. There won't be many triple or overkills, but I'd enjoy that more. Still annoyed at how much precision weapons were neutered in Reach, leaving the power weapons that much stronger. And the sniper rifle being easier to use than in Halo3 made the matter worse.
Tashi is Juices....Juices is Tashi!

Personally MLG should have been ranked, and it should be the only ranked playlist. Would have been a solid way to say. Hey MLG is competitive. Everything else is social...have fun! This would have worked well only from the beginning of Reach. Arena became such a joke after the first three seasons or whatever being AR starts. Everyone who knew anything about Reach laughed at that.
I would have been pleased with MLG being ranked, but I'd prefer everything to be ranked and then have like a single social playlist for guests. Also, I still like the idea of an all randoms team playlist. There are so many things that would have dramatically improved the player experience in Reach. /sadface

If meetups happen this weekend, could someone please tweet at me and let me know? If there's going to be Halo news, announcing meetups in this thread will be like throwing a pebble in a maelstrom. (HaloGAF Facebook could work, too.)
I'm goning to tweet you at Twitter later this day.(When I arrived etc.)

If Halo 4 is the cover story of GI, then I expect some new information when I get out of the plain.

Edge posted the content of their next issue. Halo 4 is not the cover story. I repeat Halo 4 is not the cover story. They do not mention Halo 4 in a specific way, they listed it with other Spring Showcase title.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Edge posted the content of their next issue. Halo 4 is not the cover story. I repeat Halo 4 is not the cover story. They do not mention Halo 4 in a specific way, they listed it with other Spring Showcase title.

Hope GI and the Halo Bulletin will save the day.

Do you think the Bulletin will be pusblished this night, or at the same time than the GameInformer cover ?

Mike and Mike just said "stay tuned, you do not want to miss who we have coming up on our Subway, Fresh Take hotline"...

*crosses fingers*

tumblr_lf5o8l293R1qz9hyo.gif

Hope GI and the Halo Bulletin will save the day.

Do you think the Bulletin will be pusblished this night, or at the same time than the GameInformer cover ?
I do not know. But I think it is more likely to expect a Halo 4 cover story than a Crysis 3 one.

Aliens game hmm. Those GT videos that were released today were pretty cool, but not "MIND BLOWING"

It was mentioned in the Sparkast that guests were at the studio, alluding to press presence. I expect we will get a cover story at some point, if not this month.
Bulletin mentioned it too. And they said that they can talk .ore in the next Sparkast.

Edit.: the best thing to do: expect nothing. Bsangel said small news but this could mean everything.

I do not know. But I think it is more likely to expect a Halo 4 cover story than a Crysis 3 one.

Bulletin mentioned it too. And they said that they can talk .ore in the next Sparkast.

Edit.: the best thing to do: expect nothing. Bsangel said small news but this could mean everything.

Yeah, I may take a 3 hour nap just to pass the time quicker, got nothing to do today so it's just like "eff it" haha.

Personally I thought it didn't make any sense for GI and Edge to issues about Halo 4.

It doesn't but we still don't have confirmation on GI. I'm expecting April to be a slow month on H4 news if it isn't on the cover of GI. Based on the tweet last night I expect a teaser to be on the back of this months magazine for next months issue. No actual story/news.

:/

Gazzawa

ME3 did not arrive today either. Xand is gonna go on a killing spree.
Saw the deal up on the dashboard for the anniversary map pack. Straight bullshit.

Extremely late to respond, but it's either this or work. lol
The Falcon's machine gun is more powerful than the Hornet had; the best thing you can do with a hornet is primarily transporting. The gripe I have with it is the lack of being able to carry flag or bomb guys. Warthog of the Sky, they said.
Same here; it was touted as something that it never was, and it hurts me deeply.

I view the Falcon like the Wraith - an air vehicle that was actually made to be balanced.

I would have liked an air transport vehicle though. Something between the Falcon and the Hornet.

Seriously though, who's idea was it to include a banshee on a NEW map after it was acknowledged to be broken? :lol It should be Evade'd out of existence.
I would have liked to see the turret-less Falcon from the campaign in matchmaking along with the regular version. Or, at the very least, allow the carrier to board the normal Falcon and render the side gun useless while sitting in the seat. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why that seemingly obvious choice didn't happen, but it doesn't make it any less lame.

Bonus wordplay: "Van Halon"
"Marshal, do I strike you in any way as a Van Halon fan?" [nonspoiler]EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE WATCHING JUSTIFIED[/nonspoiler]

looking forward to seeing what the news is and the inevitable letdown it causes some people, cause I'm a bastard like that.

Retro

I would have liked to see the turret-less Falcon from the campaign in matchmaking along with the regular version.

Need Big Team Battle to actually be an always-active 24/7 event on huge maps, so we can have Pelicans in there. Move troops across the map or swoop and scoop up a Warthog full of teammates and drop them behind enemy lines. Snag a Scorpion or grab some Resupply Capsules and drop them at the front lines.

Never gonna happen, but badass to think about. If Halo is all about huge battles across alien landscapes, seems like that's something to aim for.

zap

Yes. Tuesday afternoon. I waited till then because thats when all the deals usually go up. Checked Major Nelsons blog and he didnt mention anything. sickened.com

Was the deal actually up? Cos when I went to check it was still 1200msp.

Gazzawa

Was the deal actually up? Cos when I went to check it was still 1200msp.

I just checked earlier today and theres something on the dashboard about easter sales. It doesnt tell me the price since ive gotten it.
xbox.com has it as 600msp

Just realized the news from the last press event dropped on March 5th, exactly one month ago. I wonder if these will become a regular monthly occurrence...

kylej

Banned
Squad Slayer back yet?

No, no. Remember, they're going to bring back elements of Squad Slayer that you liked, but not the playlist. Why? Who knows?! They had to trim the fat somewhere, and knockouts like TU BETA SLAYER just kinda take precedence over SS. Reasoning behind matchmaking changes? Bah. Logic? Bah. Any type of transparency? Bah.

It's the dawn of a new era in Halo playlist management!

Overdoziz

Banned
No, no. Remember, they're going to bring back elements of Squad Slayer that you liked, but not the playlist. Why? Who knows?! They had to trim the fat somewhere, and knockouts like TU BETA SLAYER just kinda take precedence over SS. Reasoning behind matchmaking changes? Bah. Logic? Bah. Any type of transparency? Bah.

It's the dawn of a new era in Halo playlist management!
Bring back elements like DMR starts, no AL, no shitty Forge, party matching and 5v5 and we have a deal.

kylej

Banned
Bring back elements like DMR starts, no AL, no shitty Forge, party matching and 5v5 and we have a deal.

Alright it's a deal. We at 343 hear your requests loud and clear. Look for a playlist exclusively filled with Forge remakes of Chiron, spiker starts and pre-TU armor lock coming 3 months from now in our next matchmaking update.

LosDaddie

Banned
Can't wait to get back into Reach this weekend now that the CEA map pack is on sale. :)

Love Reach, but I had some backlog games to clear out, ya know?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
For the sake of clarity, don't expect anything on the vidoc level of hype this week.

Dreamclarifier

Top Bottom