• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Socreges

Banned
I don't know what this means but Id be lying if I said I wasn't slightly worried about it.

Stop spilling our PMs into the thread Soc
an.gif

Sakic may not think he had a proper chance, but there was absolutely no indication that he can be a successful coach in the NHL. What a stupid organization, Bednar couldn't excite someone if he injected them with norepinephrine.

There was no indication of ANY of his coaching ability either way. You can't give someone a test run of an experimental cancer treatment and later when they commit suicide say "Well, it's obvious that the treatment didn't do the job". He deserves another year, especially with his own staff, and hopefully it means Sakic is already on the case of replacing the issues that can be diagnosed -- the roster.

Even the idiots that I talked to at the beginning of the year who thought our PP has been fine and would be fine this season have turned a page on that. It's so fucked beyond belief that I would rather see Dopey get a shot at fixing it than Tim Army stay.

There was no indication of ANY of his coaching ability either way. You can't give someone a test run of an experimental cancer treatment and later when they commit suicide say "Well, it's obvious that the treatment didn't do the job". He deserves another year, especially with his own staff, and hopefully it means Sakic is already on the case of replacing the issues that can be diagnosed -- the roster.

$

imBask

Banned
Montreal radio reporting that Therrien is now "way ahead" in the race to become the new Panthers coach

i'm so sorry

Montreal radio reporting that Therrien is now "way ahead" in the race to become the new Panthers coach

i'm so sorry
whiguyblink.gif

Frankly would be shocked considering what Tallon said he's looking for (uptempo play, firm but fair, understands and can develop younger players), and some of the names they want to interview like Phil Housley (with Nashville). Though weirder things have happened this past year.

imBask

Banned
Frankly would be shocked considering what Tallon said he's looking for (uptempo play, firm but fair, understands and can develop younger players), and some of the names they want to interview like Phil Housley (with Nashville). Though weirder things have happened this past year.

Apparently Therrien already has a house in Florida and he's friend with some people in your organization

i'm sorry Dubbed, I really am

calder

I think we can all agree the playoffs are a dull, unexciting slog already and everyone can't wait for them to end. And sure, all the truly cool teams just passed on the whole dumb thing anyway but it's nice to see all the fans of the other teams finally wise up and reject the playoffs entirely (the Hawks, Flames Wild and Jackets fans especially).

I'm just patiently waiting for the draft lottery even though I'm pretty sure the Jets are picking around 12th - thanks for fucking nothing season ending 7 game winning streak! Once that's done in a few weeks it's a matter of yet more waiting to see what interesting defensive prospects Chevy ignores in order to pick another goddamn winger.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-13-at-11.09.11-AM.png

calder

calder, you have my undying draft lottery sympathies.

Thanks man, I appreciate the tho-*thinks back to last year*

Oh. I see. You're talking about that whole "slide to 5th" thing last year while frankly less deserving teams leapfrogged the Canucks. You know, that's fair, I really can't complain about the lottery after getting second like that. I mean, I still will absolutely complain about picking 12th or 13th, but I really shouldn't.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Buffalo in position for that 6th overall pick, they're becoming the new Oilers.

Top Bottom