• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you enjoy, gladly recommend, but haven't made much progress in

No, not another backlog game of listing hundreds of unplayed game, but rather about games you have played, but feel that you should play more.

I was thinking about that when I started up yet another game of 80 Days. I feel like it's a brilliant game, have started it many times and often recommend it as my favorite mobile game to colleagues asking about recommendations. The writing is great, it's a brilliant concept, with actual gameplay in what's really a visual novel and the art style is superb.

But. I still have only played it to the end once, despite starting it up so many times, and even then I didn't beat the 80 day limit, but returned to London in failure instead.

Got to think about other games like that, to make a small list of games I should to return to more.

Invisible Inc - I have beaten it, but like with 80 Days, it's almost infinitelt replayable, and it only takes a few hours to beat, so I really should get back to it. There are many characters I haven't tried, and I barely checked out the Contingency Plan DLC. But I still have no problem recommending it to others and talk about how superbly designed it is.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - I can write over and over about how much I prefer this smaller slice of the game to the actual Phantom Pain game, and how I like that it's ro replayable. How many times have I beaten it, or actually get anywhere? Once.

FTL - I want to call it masterclass in design, and I have played it for quite a lot of hour. Without beating the final encounter, even on easy difficulty. :p

OP, that's my game library. I have a hard time finishing any games.

Games I love that I haven't finished but heartily recommend include:
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy XII
Dragon Quest X
Shadowrun Returns
Final Fantasy XV
Dishonored

Djostikk

Enter the Gungeon or pretty much any roguelike game. I've completed it once for Marine and that's it. The Binding of Isaac is a great example, too.

Geddy

Well, it just came out, but I've been loving Miitopia. I really enjoy playing it for about ~20 minutes at a time, but don't feel the need to go on any further.

The game seems to have a built-in "timeout" meter where after beating a few levels, it will ask you if you want to take a break, or press on. I like that it does this. I think the key with Miitopia is that it wants you to play it almost like an Animal Crossing type of game - for small periods of time. Although it's entirely possible to keep playing it for hours, of course.

I think I've only logged two hours in it so far and I recommend it. Just haven't gotten much into it since getting it a few weeks ago.

OP, that's my game library. I have a hard time finishing any games.

Games I love that I haven't finished but heartily recommend include:
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy XII
Dragon Quest X
Shadowrun Returns
Final Fantasy XV
Dishonored

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is another one I remembered now because of that list. Played a bit more then 6h of it, like most of it, and have recommended it in many sales threads, but haven't made more progress in it since.

Gator86

I think I played like half a dozen hours of BF1 last year before Titanfall 2 put a stake through its heart. I haven't touched it since despite it seeming like a great Battlefield game.

Pillars of Eternity. I've probably only made 10 hours of progress into the game, twice because I had to start over. Game is great tho. Beautiful art style, writing, story is pretty interesting from the opening, and the class system is neat.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Breath Of The Wild - It's an amazing game, I love it and think it's great.....but I can't be arsed playing it anymore after the first 15 hours or so. I have no idea why to be honest. I didn't get fed up with it. I didn't start hating it. I just kinda.....stopped.

Mediking

Breath Of The Wild - It's an amazing game, I love it and think it's great.....but I can't be arsed playing it anymore after the first 15 hours or so. I have no idea why to be honest. I didn't get fed up with it. I didn't start hating it. I just kinda.....stopped.

Prolly because the early hours of Breath of the Wild are amazing and then there's a certain point where things become far less interesting.

I'm ashamed to admit I only played Ocarina of Time until you become adult link, even so I list it among the best games of all time just for the parts I played.

How much did I miss?

brad-t

I'm ashamed to admit I only played Ocarina of Time until you become adult link, even so I list it among the best games of all time just for the parts I played.

How much did I miss?

The majority of the game including all of its best moments. Get back to it!

Fez.

Cool game and is way deeper than I imagined. I just don't have the time required to figure out some of the puzzles and I kind of just gave up on it. I think I got what I wanted out of it though. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Sygma

Crypt of the Necrodancer

It's amazing, but never finished it. Same goes for Legend of Grimrock 2

CHC

Persona 5. I only took down Kamoshida (the first boss) but I love everything about the game. I just can't take it in large chunks. It's a good game to almost treat episodically and to savor. I'll do a palace a month from this point or something.

Zukkoyaki

Enter the Gungeon

I've had it since launch and haven't actually finished it with any of the characters but I still love it. A must play for fans of roguelites and/or shmups.

Plum

Horizon Zero Dawn, almost entirely because of the camera issues. I get a slight nausea after anymore than 10 minutes of playing, means I've only got about 12 or so hours in despite both liking the gameplay and owning it for months.

I only made it about 15 to 20 hours into Persona 4, but I still really enjoyed the time I spent with it and would recommend to most people. Love to get back into it myself some day too.

gaiages

Banned
Definitely The Witcher 3. Probably sunk 30 hours into it but lost a bit of momentum when I got to Skillege. Still great though, I need to actually beat it sometime.

Nictel

Elder Scroll's: The Thread
Put in hundreds of hours into these (Morrowind/Oblivion) never went passed like mission 5 of the main storyline xD

This was me. Got maybe 25 or so hours in. Enjoyed it, but for some reason don't want to jump back in at all.

NYR94

Same here. I know it's good, and I enjoyed what I've played so far, I just can't get myself to start it up again. I usually can't put good games down. Maybe it's the size, and I've gotten used to smaller games.

This is also me.

I would add to that:

Dark Souls
Hyper Light Drifter

Top Bottom