• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

Yeah, you'll get the stash where you can keep all your stuff but it's not too big, only 155 items. You'll get access to it when you get your first house in Canneroc ;)

Amir0x

Banned
So guys I only just started playing but does there turn out to be a place in the game where you can store and keep all of your stuff? I only ask because I'm already running out of inventory space and I don't want to get rid of most of the cool stuff that I got.

If you sell stuff to a specific store, you can buy it again later at the same store. It saves what items you sell to it. Most of the items you have will be obsolete in short order anyway.

1. You get player housing in the game (finish a quest line in Canneroc in the Web Wood) and in said housing you get a treasure chest to store your stuff. This treasure chest is universal, meaning every new house you get there will be a treasure chest where you can pick up any item you put in it from any house.

2. You can buy backpacks to increase the size of your inventory system by 10 each go. I know there is one in Ysa, the Summer Court.

I got the DLC pack and I also seem to have gotten some Mass Effect gear (which is pretty f'n cool if you ask me) while this stuff is OP for the start of the game really I'm totally loving the combat system, it absolutely totally rocks my world to pieces, I can't get enough of fighting, all I want to do is FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT just because it's so much fun to beat the shit out of things and there is SO MUCH variety to it because there are so many different weapon types, and if you're good enough you can avoid getting hit really easily, I freakin love it.

Mass Effect gear blew balls for my Rogue. Pissed me off that it was such shitty Rogue armor *grumble grumble*

Also yeah fighting system is pretty good for an open world RPG :thumbs up. Just too easy, would be more satisfying with a half a challenge.

It's definitely not open world like Skyrim like RoninChaos is talking about, just a series of connected 'segmented' lands, but I'm okay with that. I don't know if any of you have followed the Skyrim threads but I have been so absolutely Skyrim obsessed over the last three months, it has consumed my life absolutely and completely, however I've simply dropped it because of it's unreliability so I'm going to play a few other things and allow the modding scene to mature a bit before I go back so that HOPEFULLY it will be a bit more reliable by the time I am ready to return to it's midst. This is a perfect change of pace. The areas are in general large enough for me, but they are more guided, I like that, that way the game designer can control which set pieces you arrive upon and when, because you can't exactly just go to the endgame parts of the game right at the start, I can tell what it's going to be like and I'm so excited to embark on this grand adventure.

See I dunno I still consider this game an open world RPG. Having connected areas or a few load screens doesn't really make it feel much less of an open world RPG. That's just my opinion though.

You know when you're at the start of one of those Action RPG's and you're fighting the shitty little bugs and bandits and you're already whooping fukn arse because you've levelled up twice and it's all lush and nice and green and pretty and the world around you is beautiful and the war of the land hasn't reached you yet and really you're just burning yourself in on the weaklings around you while you get used to the game? Well that's exactly what this is. I can just imagine that as things progress I'm slowly going to delve deeper and deeper into the dark lands until by the end I will be this monster kick arse powerful beat arse machine with big black clouds in the sky and fire raining down and giant bosses to kick arse upon with all the progression that comes in between and lots of little twigs and branches off the side along the way.

It's like they've gone 'okay, lets take the most typical and standard fantasy style rpg formula you can find and make the BEST one of those games yeh'?

I can't speak for how I will feel about the game however many hours I will have played it down the line, but right now I'm itching to play it while I'm typing this and I didn't get that itching feeling with Skyrim... at last not to this extent. The itch from this game is coming from the combat system, the itch from Skyrim came from... the beauty of the world... it's interesting that they're both so different in that regard, yet this is still such a beautiful game in such a different style, and I can REALLY crank the processing and AA to make it look as clean as possible.

Man, wait until you get to the Desert and Plains. The forest area was enjoyable, but you are going to gasp when you get out there. It's like you're playing a different game in terms of the difference in artistic feeling. I really dig the art direction here. So much color and variety, making traveling around the world far more enjoyable than Skyrim.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Also yeah fighting system is pretty good for an open world RPG :thumbs up. Just too easy, would be more satisfying with a half a challenge.

Yup. It's a great combat system, but there are just far too few challenging encounters.

It's probably why I liked the House of Valor "challenge board" quests so much. The only time you're really forced into challenging melee combat.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
It's not the player's fault if they're simply doing what the game tells them to do. How popular do you think World of Warcraft would be if you could simply pick a stat and overpower it beyond belief? You can't, because they cap all the stats. If you're giving me rings and necklaces with +health and +mana on them and then give me gear with all kinds of gem slots, I'm gonna fill those god damned gem slots. Its the job of the developer to balance the game in such a way that I can't destroy the game simply by playing it.

Exactly.

I lack the self control/moral fortitude required to self regulate myself in games, and why should I have to? I am loving Reckoning, but find myself waning (Level 30 - All factions done, lots of side quests done, couple main quests to go) due to owning all in fights by a long shot. I haven't maxed out Blacksmith or Sage yet either, no where near actually.. more out of liking Persuasion and Detect Hidden too much, but I can only imagine the furious wrath brought down on Tuatha heads by those who have.. it would be ridiculous..

Don't get me wrong, I think the combat is excellent.. it's just it could be so much better and people are passionate about this new IP, so all the requests and pleading for another difficulty setting should be seen by the devs as massive props. If people didn't love the game world, they wouldn't be petitioning so passionately for an update.

Now, I'm back off to do the rest of the main quest and grab a coffee... good times.

Amir0x

Banned
Yup. It's a great combat system, but there are just far too few challenging encounters.

It's probably why I liked the House of Valor "challenge board" quests so much. The only time you're really forced into challenging melee combat.

I'm coming up to the House of Valor is. But I'm level 30 already and still haven't even done almost any of the Desert, only 75% of the Plains and the 100% of the Forest I could find. I walk around basically nude with only my dagger and bow and I still am beast mode even on hard mode... I hope this quest offers the challenge you're talking about. Would be a joy

matmanx1

I'm upwards of 20 hours in and loving the pick up and play nature of this big RPG. I love how I can spend 15 minutes before heading to work in the morning and complete a quest or at least a leg of it. Fast travel and instant saving make for some painless and quick gameplay sessions and as a busy adult I appreciate that alot.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm coming up to the House of Valor is. But I'm level 30 already and still haven't even done almost any of the Desert, only 75% of the Plains and the 100% of the Forest I could find. I walk around basically nude with only my dagger and bow and I still am beast mode even on hard mode... I hope this quest offers the challenge you're talking about. Would be a joy

Don't expect anything too extreme, but some of the challenges took a few tries for me.

It's the ones with the special victory conditions such as forcing you to defeat a monster or group of monsters without ever getting hit, or forcing you to defeat a huge group of monsters without ever using abilities or spells.

Anyone here actually fail a quest yet? I didn't even know it was possible until last night when I checked out my stats. 103 quests completed/0 quests failed.

]Refresh my memory but do most WRPGs get lambasted for having "broken" difficulty as much as Amalur seems to be getting?[/B]

I'm not remembering seeing comments like these about similar games that had just as breakable of systems. I crafted some pretty wild gear and was practically uninjurable in both Two Worlds games, was able to come up with some untouchable builds in stuff like Sacred and Titan Quest... were they derided for having broken systems?

I just want to be able to put up a legitimate fight with my fists. They barely do anything! I want to jump kick threshes and uppercut tuatha in slow motion!

Spears be damned!

Skyrim's crafting system was equally broken. Ayone who's spent any amount of time with it can confirm this. Perhaps more so than Reckoning. Still a fantastic game, though, as is Reckoning despite its flaws.

Exactly.

I lack the self control/moral fortitude required to self regulate myself in games, and why should I have to? I am loving Reckoning, but find myself waning (Level 30 - All factions done, lots of side quests done, couple main quests to go) due to owning all in fights by a long shot. I haven't maxed out Blacksmith or Sage yet either, no where near actually.. more out of liking Persuasion and Detect Hidden too much, but I can only imagine the furious wrath brought down on Tuatha heads by those who have.. it would be ridiculous..

Don't get me wrong, I think the combat is excellent.. it's just it could be so much better and people are passionate about this new IP, so all the requests and pleading for another difficulty setting should be seen by the devs as massive props. If people didn't love the game world, they wouldn't be petitioning so passionately for an update.

Now, I'm back off to do the rest of the main quest and grab a coffee... good times.
You shouldn't have to, but you do, so do it. Or don't. Reckoning is a balancing act between maintaining challenge and utilizing every resource available to you. As I've said, it's not ideal, but it is what it is. This is an issue that needs to be fixed, this balancing, but it's not yet. I've never presented gimping oneself as anything other than a temporary solution until proper balancing arrives, even if that's in a sequel.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here actually fail a quest yet? I didn't even know it was possible until last night when I checked out my stats. 103 quests completed/0 quests failed.

Yes! I forgot which it was, but it happened because I killed an important NPC who pissed me off.

I failed one this morning in fact. Took me as a bit of a surprise. Something to do with putting a bunch of Fae dignitaries in the correct order that they wanted to visit some higher up.

Was quite annoyed and forgot to turn on aggressive mode to pay them back.

Was also surprised by their dialog- they acknowledged that I had completed the House of Ballads faction quests by addressing me by the correct title.

robatw

after beating the game i must say that i don't feel too good about it anymore. the journey to max level and finally to beat the endboss was fun but in the end it was just way too simple. and i think that the combat itself is great but there are too many travel quests where i run over the map and do all the stuff but killing things.

after beating the main quest i wanted to do some more faction quests, but it wasn't that cool feeling from before cause a lot of enemies where grey - so no XP and no challenge at all. i also don't understand the scaling of the enemies, cause some were grey but some were green. it doesn't matter anyway cause all non boss enemies are dead after pressing "A" twice.

why has the game such a good combat system when it lacks the skilled and tough enemies?

scy

after beating the main quest i wanted to do some more faction quests, but it wasn't that cool feeling from before cause a lot of enemies where grey - so no XP and no challenge at all. i also don't understand the scaling of the enemies, cause some were grey but some were green. it doesn't matter anyway cause all non boss enemies are dead after pressing "A" twice.

For the record, grey cons provide EXP still. EXP yielded is a formula based off of their level and your level as far as I can tell. I should probably look into that...

As for the scaling, they lock to your level when you enter an area for the first time as well as having their own level caps. For instance, you enter a cave at level 15 that scales from 10 to 25. The enemies will all scale to 15 since it's in that range but it won't scale higher. Some of the faction quests unlock dungeons you actually couldn't reach before so it's prettyhard to pre-emptively level lock them. On top of that, I think those areas all scale to 40.

I failed my first quest on my Might/Finesse character earlier. I'm going through as a Varani so the quest in Ysa to
assassinate the Varani ambassador was turned into assassinating the Alfar one instead because fuck you, I got my Varani bros. The quest then tasks you to take the Varani daggers to the Plains but I decided to do Detyre first. Oh well. Sit in my inventory forever, right? Oops, salvaged them when I wasn't paying attention -> Quest Failed

I also failed a lot of quests when I get bored and massacre cities. Failed until a reload, anyway.

Amir0x

Banned

there was one quest I failed on accident, because I didn't realize what was going on until it was too late. The one where you have to protect the magic shield in the Cradle of Summer, and you have to protect the Fae chick who is trying to get the shield back up.

I was doing fine but didn't realize a giant fucking prismatic troll had got behind me while I was tackling the others and was killing the chick. The chick died super quick before I noticed anyone was on her. After that I reset and tried again... and I just fought a little ways away from the tree and so the enemies would go after me and not her :p

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Without getting into other WRPG comparisons, this game is definitely open world in that at any time I always feel like I can go north, west, south, east and find something new. Even in Dalentarth (using Didenhill as the center) I'm constantly looking at the map and scratching my head where to go next since most side quests take me in all directions and I can already see new quest markers in those areas as well. Just because there are eventually walls I hit at the boundaries of the world doesn't mean there isn't the freedom to go where I want.

GeoramA

Finding so many awesome Hammers and Greatswords. Definitely my 2 favorite weapons of choice.

Gonna find a fateweaver and just focus on Might/Sorcery. Haven't found a decent pair of daggers since Ettinmere. And Faeblades...nada as well.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Oh I forgot to ask, I'm mainly a hammer/chakram user but I snuck up on some enemies and figured I'd give stealth kills a try, only no button prompt came up. I figured I was missing some rogue ability, put a point in that passive ability Shadow Arts or something like that..yet still nothing. This is with having daggers or faeblades equipped as my primary/secondary. Am I missing something? Could swear someone else asked this question earlier in the thread but I can't find it..

Tex117

Banned
I'll be honest, Im just letting this game take me for a ride.

No, its not "challenging," and I can see that without that, it may begin to become uniteresting.

For me though, after coming off Dark Souls and immediately into Skyrim, and soon into Me3 and Dragons Dogma....Im satsified with a "Press A For Awesome" and enjoy some casual gaming. (Ok...me3 is not "hardcore" but you get my point).

There's a fun quest to fail right near the start. It's the girl that shows you where the travellers are located but first you have to help her recreate a ballad by summoning a Troll. The troll drops a necklace that the girl wants (nice purple-level necklace). What I did was summon the troll, and then ran next to the girl, who proceeded to try to beat the troll and I sat back and watched her get owned. Once she was dead the message Quest Failed appeared, but the troll was still there so I killed him and looted the necklace. All mine.

I'm an expert

There's a fun quest to fail right near the start. It's the girl that shows you where the travellers are located but first you have to help her recreate a ballad by summoning a Troll. The troll drops a necklace that the girl wants (nice purple-level necklace). What I did was summon the troll, and then ran next to the girl, who proceeded to try to beat the troll and I sat back and watched her get owned. Once she was dead the message Quest Failed appeared, but the troll was still there so I killed him and looted the necklace. All mine.

That's weird because during the quest she was tanking the troll for me and would not die even though she was getting POUNDED. The troll was orange to me on hard difficulty. I just figured npc characters can't die. Good to know..next time I won't let them tank. You can persuade her after to keep the thing so it's definitely worth it to keep her alive for that trophy.

That's weird because during the quest she was tanking the troll for me and would not die even though she was getting POUNDED. The troll was orange to me on hard difficulty. I just figured npc characters can't die. Good to know..next time I won't let them tank. You can persuade her after to keep the thing so it's definitely worth it to keep her alive for that trophy.

What I saw may have actually just been in the demo. I didn't let her die in the real game. She tanked well in the demo, but not for more than a minute.

I had a similar experience with that quest. It was all garbage and very much a let down.

I'm starting to feel that way about chests in general. When I first started, chests always presented the opportunity of rare and awesome loot. I'd be excited when I found one, and then be disappointed once I opened it. Now I just assume I'll find a bunch of green gear and crafting supplies, so I just feel the disappointment beforehand which is only dispelled by finding some rare (that I can use).

I'm starting to feel that way about chests in general. When I first started, chests always presented the opportunity of rare and awesome loot. I'd be excited when I found one, and then be disappointed once I opened it. Now I just assume I'll find a bunch of green gear and crafting supplies, so I just feel the disappointment beforehand which is only dispelled by finding some rare (that I can use).

Honestly, at this point I'm starting to pass up chests. I rarely find anything really useful to me (I hate shadow prisms, even though I always seem to get them as loot). My purple item discovery rate seems to be in the toilet lately, too, and if I do find one it's almost never even close to being better than what I currently have equipped.

I'm 55 hours in an have yet to find a complete set of armor. Am I doing something wrong? It hasn't bothered me that much because the stuff I make from blacksmithing is vastly superior to any set pieces i've found but I just found a chest piece that was better than what I had for the first time and I want to complete the set. Do I have to farm certain locations or something?

Honestly, at this point I'm starting to pass up chests. I rarely find anything really useful to me (I hate shadow prisms, even though I always seem to get them as loot). My purple item discovery rate seems to be in the toilet lately, too, and if I do find one it's almost never even close to being better than what I currently have equipped.

I stopped caring about an item's effectiveness ages ago - it's all about appearances now.

I'm 55 hours in an have yet to find a complete set of armor. Am I doing something wrong? It hasn't bothered me that much because the stuff I make from blacksmithing is vastly superior to any set pieces i've found but I just found a chest piece that was better than what I had for the first time and I want to complete the set. Do I have to farm certain locations or something?
I've often wondered about this. There are people in this thread with 15+ unique sets complete, and I've never completed a single one. I've never found more than 3 pieces to a single set, in fact. And very rarely are they sets I can actually use. It sucks that sometimes unique set items show up in chests owned by other people, forcing you to steal if you want them. Good thing I'm currently playing as a thief. If I were the noble paladin sort, I'd have to get my hands dirty if someone's chest contains something unique.

You know, I've heard that sometimes enemies drop rare set pieces, but I'm not so sure. Not calling anyone a liar, but I've farmed Dalentarth for upwards of 5 hours without getting a single drop of the Perfidious set (or anything rare, for that matter). If it takes longer than that it really isn't worth it in my eyes. It's all completely random.

Amir0x

Banned
man i haven't seen a single enemy all those levels above me yet. I don't care about achievements or trophies (in fact I hate that shit), but I was just wondering how to find a beast of that strength at all period. I would love to see an enemy sufficiently powerful enough to be that many levels above me lol

Also, re-asking:

Amir0x said:
i want to know why the Luck Cave place is booming about like a giant is in a cage inside here stomping around or something. I've done two missions inside this small little place and can see nothing causing the rumbling... there were two collapses (and one collapse blocked off a passage to the back with a small area with no other way in). I wonder what mission is going to solve the mystery of the stomping cave... this shit is weird. It was really cool too because it was just a random ass dungeon for some sidequests, and they're usually pretty rote and predictable. So the second I entered and my controller is vibrating intermittently like a monster is tearing shit up made me excited...

I stopped caring about an item's effectiveness ages ago - it's all about appearances now.

I've often wondered about this. There are people in this thread with 15+ unique sets complete, and I've never completed a single one. I've never found more than 3 pieces to a single set, in fact. And very rarely are they sets I can actually use. It sucks that sometimes unique set items show up in chests owned by other people, forcing you to steal if you want them. Good thing I'm currently playing as a thief. If I were the noble paladin sort, I'd have to get my hands dirty if someone's chest contains something unique.

You know, I've heard that sometimes enemies drop rare set pieces, but I'm not so sure. Not calling anyone a liar, but I've farmed Dalentarth for upwards of 5 hours without getting a single drop of the Perfidious set (or anything rare, for that matter). If it takes longer than that it really isn't worth it in my eyes. It's all completely random.

Yeah, set drops can be a bitch sometimes. I can find 5 pieces in hour or two and nothing for next 5 hours, it's all luck I guess. The other thing is, if you farm sets you have to check all the chests, hidden doors and other places in the locations you've been to, cause once you enter the location, dungeon or house game puts the items to chests and other storage places that will stay there forever, so one of the pieces might be already stashed somewhere. If you travel to a new location, dungeon, house etc. game puts the items to chests in that very moment and it's all random. Enemies on the other hand get the items in the moment you kill them, the items aren't given to them when you enter the location.

Some places can be very weird, I found a chest in the middle of the public place full of people with the set piece inside and there was no way to steal it without being seen and since I'm a very nice thief and don't want to kill anyone that didn't deserve it, I had to wait over an hour to get the chance to pick it up :D

I can also confirm that you can get the set drops from the enemies, it's actually how I got most of the sets items so far. I rarely find a set piece stashed somewhere, from all the sets I have, I found maybe 7 pieces in the chests, all the rest were random drops. Some of the Faction sets have permanent location and those can be found in the chests or be given to you.

I know it's not much help but always something :)

I'm an expert

man i haven't seen a single enemy all those levels above me yet. I don't care about achievements or trophies (in fact I hate that shit), but I was just wondering how to find a beast of that strength at all period. I would love to see an enemy sufficiently powerful enough to be that many levels above me lol

Also, re-asking:

If you mean 4 levels above you, the general consensus is at the beginning of the game you run all the way east of Gorhart till you find a red enemy (wolves, bandits, whatever) or you lockpick the Gorhart jail and the prisoners in there are red so you can kill them with reckoning. I'm assuming you mean you want some amazingly strong opponent in the natural flow of the game to give you a sense of achievement (literally) when you beat it..but..from what I've read that doesn't seem to be easy. The closest thing I saw to that was the GB quick look where Jeff gets put in jail and the jailers are all red to him. He actually comments that it's the first time he's seen red opponents in the game and he was fairly high level..20s-30s.

Also going to re-ask:

Is there something I have to do to make the stealth attack button prompt appear? Have a point in Assassination Arts, daggers as main hand, stealth behind fairly weak dudes..

Amir0x

Banned
The gold sets have been a complete wash for me. I mean, I have TONS of yellow armor pieces, but I haven't been able to complete a set yet (other than the Mass Effect one, derp), but even the ones I got close it's basically pointless since by the time I gathered them together my level dictated me to use altogether different armor. I know the Universalist armor set you gather in secret specific locations throughout the game, I think in the case of yellow armor maybe there should be several special sets hidden in definite locations so that there is a way to achieve it before they become obsolete on top of the random drop ones. Right now it's near impossible.

So eventually because I was so overpowered anyway and the game is painfully, borderline insultingly easy, I just settled on going naked into battle. I made my character into a freaky naked albino war assassin.

wolrdrevolution said:
If you mean 4 levels above you, the general consensus is at the beginning of the game you run all the way east of Gorhart till you find a red enemy (wolves, bandits, whatever) or you lockpick the Gorhart jail and the prisoners in there are red so you can kill them with reckoning. I'm assuming you mean you want some amazingly strong opponent in the natural flow of the game to give you a sense of achievement (literally) when you beat it..but..from what I've read that doesn't seem to be easy. The closest thing I saw to that was the GB quick look where Jeff gets put in jail and the jailers are all red to him. He actually comments that it's the first time he's seen red opponents in the game and he was fairly high level..20s-30s.

Yeah I'm not worried about it, I kind of figured my only opportunity would have been to start the game and run to some crazy place right off the bat. I was just wondering if it is possible to find any at the point I am, which is lvl 30 and only 75% done with the Plains and 100% done with the Forest... all other regions not explored yet :p

Also I've barely ever used Reckoning yet, I just realized (says I used it four times so far), so leveling is also super fast no matter what heh

Re: Stealth... you need to press rb or (r1) and then stalk behind your target. If they see you, you can't get them. The eye will go red if they see you

Yeah, set drops can be a bitch sometimes. I can find 5 pieces in hour or two and nothing for next 5 hours, it's all luck I guess. The other thing is, if you farm sets you have to check all the chests, hidden doors and other places in the locations you've been to, cause once you enter the location, dungeon or house game puts the items to chests and other storage places that will stay there forever, so one of the pieces might be already stashed somewhere. If you travel to a new location, dungeon, house etc. game puts the items to chests in that very moment and it's all random. Enemies on the other hand get the items in the moment you kill them, the items aren't given to them when you enter the location.

Some places can be very weird, I found a chest in the middle of the public place full of people with the set piece inside and there was no way to steal it without being seen and since I'm a very nice thief and don't want to kill anyone that didn't deserve it, I had to wait over an hour to get the chance to pick it up :D

I can also confirm that you can get the set drops from the enemies, it's actually how I got most of the sets items so far. I rarely find a set piece stashed somewhere, from all the sets I have, I found maybe 7 pieces in the chests, all the rest were random drops. Some of the Faction sets have permanent location and those can be found in the chests or be given to you.

I know it's not much help but always something :)

Anything is helpful - you are the random drop master, Mr. Donut.

Yeah, the first thing I do in any location is greedily scour the countryside for chests, hidden chests, and hidden doors. This is where I've found 100% of my set pieces, actually, since I've never gotten an enemy drop before. One thing you could do is save before entering a dungeon with a chest relatively close to the entrance, go in, check for unique item, and reload if you don't get what you want. The chest inventory resets every time you reload. I've never gotten a set item this way, but it's something that could work in theory.

Think I'll stop farming until I've left Dalentarth for this character - maybe if I stop giving a shit the rare drops will come to me. =)

scy

I know the Universalist armor set you gather in secret specific locations throughout the game...

While it does give +1 to all three trees, it's really a Might/Finesse set. The legs have no stat requirement on them, though they are definitely cloth due to the innate Regen on them.

The bonuses from the first four pieces really does suit Might/Finesse fairly well too.

Yeah I'm not worried about it, I kind of figured my only opportunity would have been to start the game and run to some crazy place right off the bat. I was just wondering if it is possible to find any at the point I am, which is lvl 30 and only 75% done with the Plains and 100% done with the Forest... all other regions not explored yet :p

Off-hand, the post-game dungeon is red until 40, though I don't remember where I read that.

Think I'll stop farming until I've left Dalentarth for this character - maybe if I stop giving a shit the rare drops will come to me. =)

I consider myself highly lucky that I got three pieces of the Vekreth set on my Might/Finesse character. Too bad one of those was the Gloves and I want to use the Dirge/Flint pair there :| The 3 piece bonus would've been nice to have (+2 Finesse Abilities).

Amir0x

Banned
While it does give +1 to all three trees, it's really a Might/Finesse set. The legs have no stat requirement on them, though they are definitely cloth due to the innate Regen on them.

The bonuses from the first four pieces really does suit Might/Finesse fairly well too.

I just assumed it was Universalist considering its bonus attributes, and the weird disjointed nature of the story behind the armor. Sort of a hodgepodge armor set. In any event, I wish they had more specific yellow armor locations that were really well hidden (maybe not marked on the map even with the highest stat in Detect Hidden, so that they are still difficult to locate), so that I might have a chance to get around with a single full yellow armor set before it becomes obsolete. I mean, I still want the randoms too, but it'd be nice to have it in time.

I've opened every treasure chest and skeleton and dead corpse I could find, and i have tons of yellows, but just almost no complete sets.

Off-hand, the post-game dungeon is red until 40, though I don't remember where I read that.

ooo what post game dungeon!?

scy

I just assumed it was Universalist considering its bonus attributes, and the weird disjointed nature of the story behind the armor. Sort of a hodgepodge armor set.

That's what I figured too because of the bonuses (well, the full set one) and the lore on it. But then I finished it and it's 2 Might, 2 Finesse, 1 "Sorcery" without the requirement (or any real bonus to it:
Just has the innate Regen and +2 Dispelling

Sad day. But I'll take the other four pieces for my Might/Finesse character!

I've opened every treasure chest and skeleton and dead corpse I could find, and i have tons of yellows, but just almost no complete sets.

For what it's worth, my first character through the game is in the same boat for the low level sets. The end-game ones, however, I seem to have almost all of them finished. Not sure if they're more common or just due to the level cap issue I ran into or what.

But, yeah, a lot of the low level sets are hard to finish :( A shame, really.

ooo what post game dungeon!?

It's pretty hard to miss during the story since it's (obviously) blocked off yet marked on the map.

Amir0x

Banned
That's what I figured too because of the bonuses (well, the full set one) and the lore on it. But then I finished it and it's 2 Might, 2 Finesse, 1 "Sorcery" without the requirement (or any real bonus to it:
Just has the innate Regen and +2 Dispelling

Sad day. But I'll take the other four pieces for my Might/Finesse character!

I don't know, still seems like it's kind of Universalist. What other Universalist set is there like this? *shrug* Not important anyhow, I ain't using it. I am straight Rogue.

For what it's worth, my first character through the game is in the same boat for the low level sets. The end-game ones, however, I seem to have almost all of them finished. Not sure if they're more common or just due to the level cap issue I ran into or what.

But, yeah, a lot of the low level sets are hard to finish :( A shame, really.

Yeah. It's cool though, I just put them in my truck and admire them sometimes. I am 100% through forest and all its quests, and only 75% through plains and all its quests and haven't visited the other regions yet so I'll have to see my success rate with the end game armor.

It's pretty hard to miss during the story since it's (obviously) blocked off yet marked on the map.

Primordia, it's in the first area of Alabastra.

Cool cool. It's good to know there will be at least one thing to do after the game is over ;)

I haven't even got near Alabastra yet.

Anything is helpful - you are the random drop master, Mr. Donut.

Yeah, the first thing I do in any location is greedily scour the countryside for chests, hidden chests, and hidden doors. This is where I've found 100% of my set pieces, actually, since I've never gotten an enemy drop before. One thing you could do is save before entering a dungeon with a chest relatively close to the entrance, go in, check for unique item, and reload if you don't get what you want. The chest inventory resets every time you reload. I've never gotten a set item this way, but it's something that could work in theory.

Doing the save/load thing before entering house/dungeon would work but it would have to be extremely boring and time consuming. I'm also not sure if the dungeons/houses don't have a certain set of items that can be found there. Let's say the certain dungeon has a set of 200 items being use randomly for the chests and hidden stuff. If there is only one gold item in that set of 200 it might take a lot of time to make it appear in the chest by doing load/save. I'm not saying it works this way though...

Here is a proof of random enemies drop, just got it a few seconds ago...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6778295882_b70290dfef_z.jpg

Doing the save/load thing before entering house/dungeon would work but it would have to be extremely boring and time consuming. I'm also not sure if the dungeons/houses don't have a certain set of items that can be found there. Let's say the certain dungeon has a set of 200 items being use randomly for the chests and hidden stuff. If there is only one gold item in that set of 200 it might take a lot of time to make it appear in the chest by doing load/save. I'm not saying it works this way though...

Here is a proof of random enemies drop, just got it a few seconds ago...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6778295882_b70290dfef_z.jpg

Neat. Will keep my hopes up.

Apeboy

Also going to re-ask:

Is there something I have to do to make the stealth attack button prompt appear? Have a point in Assassination Arts, daggers as main hand, stealth behind fairly weak dudes..

You probably need to dump more points into assassin. I lost the prompt as well but got if back by doing this.

Once you find a good set of daggers and get smoke bomb up stealth is the way to go. Faeblades for groups, daggers for solos or small groups by taking one out, smoke bomb and a couple more.

Whomever did the Red Marching zone in Deytre deserves a cookie. That was a small, well put together landscape and tight quest line(s).

Anyone else have problems getting rid of the House of Ballads set equipment? I can't sell it nor destroy it.

Yep, people have this problem with the House of Ballad set as well as with few other items like Shine and Shadow and Mystic Hammer. I was lucky enough to put it in the stash right after the quest was over. If I take it back from the stash it stays in the inventory and I can't do anything with it, same with Mystic Hammer, the only way for me to sell them is to junk them straight from the stash. Unfortunately Shine and Shadow daggers will be in my inventory forever cause I can't sell them, junk them nor stash them :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
To Mr. Shilling or perhaps any member of the developing team that may read this thread:

I want to report a very, very annoying glitch/bug that happened to my game: the EXP button mashing during reckoning mode just suddenly by itself decided that it doesn't want to work anymore. The reckoning mode itself can still be activated, and I can still collect Fate when felling enemies, and the A button prompt itself still appear and can still be triggered, but when I button mash the EXP modifier, the gauge does not fill.

The worst part? It would seem that this glitch/bug affected my entire save files, since a save file 7 hours prior where I KNOW the EXP modifier still worked suddenly also suffered the same problem. 10 hours worth of gameplay just vanished into thin air (and I was playing on Hard too damn it) :(

I literally have no idea what might have caused this, since the on my first Finesse/Sorcery 72 hours or so playthrough this bug never reared its ugly head. Now, I actually don't really mind losing that 10 hours or so to start over from the beginning, but can you possibly address what might been the cause of this very annoying glitch/bug? Because I really don't want to invest lots of hours again only for this stuff to happen again.

As I recall there's a GAF member here in this thread that got affected by this glitch/bug, and through browsing your Amalur forum I also found several people also got affected. On the Gamefaqs board I also found a person that got affected by this, and he's a PC player (suggesting that this glitch/bug is not limited to one platform only.)

I am playing with Xbox360, and my character that got affected was focusing on Might/Sorcery hybrid.

Any response is appreciated, thanks.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
To Mr. Shilling or perhaps any member of the developing team that may read this thread:

I want to report a very, very annoying glitch/bug that happened to my game: the EXP button mashing during reckoning mode just suddenly by itself decided that it doesn't want to work anymore. The reckoning mode itself can still be activated, and I can still collect Fate when felling enemies, and the A button prompt itself still appear and can still be triggered, but when I button mash the EXP modifier, the gauge does not fill.

The worst part? It would seem that this glitch/bug affected my entire save files, since a save file 7 hours prior where I KNOW the EXP modifier still worked suddenly also suffered the same problem. 10 hours worth of gameplay just vanished into thin air (and I was playing on Hard too damn it) :(

I literally have no idea what might have caused this, since the on my first Finesse/Sorcery 72 hours or so playthrough this bug never reared its ugly head. Now, I actually don't really mind losing that 10 hours or so to start over from the beginning, but can you possibly address what might been the cause of this very annoying glitch/bug? Because I really don't want to invest lots of hours again only for this stuff to happen again.

As I recall there's a GAF member here in this thread that got affected by this glitch/bug, and through browsing your Amalur forum I also found several people also got affected. On the Gamefaqs board I also found a person that got affected by this, and he's a PC player (suggesting that this glitch/bug is not limited to one platform only.)

I am playing with Xbox360, and my character that got affected was focusing on Might/Sorcery hybrid.

Any response is appreciated, thanks.

Damn. Someone else had that bug earlier in the thread. Sounds nasty.

Finished this up last night, I enjoyed it immensely. A few annoying things, but I love the combat, the environments, and collecting weapons and armor.

Sidenote: A Vita version of this game or anything like it, would be pretty freaking close to being the best thing ever.

rukland

Finished the main story line quests today hit 35 right before the last boss. Playing on hard as a pure fineness build was not at all a challenge. The shotgun bow effect coupled with the speed of daggers made everything pretty easy. I stopped taking armor upgrades after I got the whole wanderer set to try and keep things interesting. Which it kind of did, still found the bosses to be a tad easy.

I plan to go back and level to the cap finish up a few more sidequests and try out some other builds as I leveled the whole time as bow/daggers.

Overall I love the game it is everything I wanted from a MMO with out the hassle of playing with others.

Looking forward to the DLC hope it adds something more then just more quests as I am pretty sure this game already has enough of those.

EDIT: Reason for rushing the end of the main line was I know next week with SSX I am going to side line Kingdoms for a little bit :)

Just saw Curt on Fox news in Boston talking about the game. Saw some footage that was obviously Pc at 60 fps. Damn I want my games at 60 fps. So glorious! It's tough being a console peasant. =\

ElyrionX

Yeah if the DLC doesn't raise the level cap and add new abilities and destinies, I'm not going to bite. The game has enough quests as it is.

Top Bottom