• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

New Eagles kicker, pick up from the Bengals PS, was 5/5 from varying distances 30 yards plus.

Still, I just know the kicking game is now going to cost the Eagles 2-3 games. Not that Sturgis was an amazing kicker to begin with.

Slo

So who is ready for the return of the Run-n-Shoot offense to Houston tomorrow night?

Can Warren Moon still go?

Breaking news: Sources tell me that Cincinnati has come to terms with NFL legend Frank Reich on a 1 game contract.

gutshot

New Eagles kicker, pick up from the Bengals PS, was 5/5 from varying distances 30 yards plus.

Still, I just know the kicking game is now going to cost the Eagles 2-3 games. Not that Sturgis was an amazing kicker to begin with.

Apparently this kid was a pretty high draft pick by the Bengals and, as we all know, highly drafted kickers are really good in this league.

effzee

Apparently this kid was a pretty high draft pick by the Bengals and, as we all know, highly drafted kickers are really good in this league.

Wasn't he a 5th round pick? And currently on their PS?

I mean I hope he is good and eventually better than Sturgis so they can just keep him but I don't think I have ever been more down on kickers than now. Seems like the league has terrible kickers all around.

Gigglepoo

He's still good enough to take advantage of the weapons around him and put up numbers.

Definitely. He's good enough to win a lot of games with. But MVP? If the Steelers go 13-3 and dominate, it's way more likely Bell or Brown are incredible and get the MVP nod. Don't you think?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So who is ready for the return of the Run-n-Shoot offense to Houston tomorrow night?

Can Warren Moon still go?

run and shoot?

right now they're about to go into the game with four pass catchers that arent running backs.

Someone should do something similar for NFL teams:

puO0cDC.jpg

Would it be possible to vacate 17 years worth? 🤔

Rvaan

Banned
Definitely. He's good enough to win a lot of games with. But MVP? If the Steelers go 13-3 and dominate, it's way more likely Bell or Brown are incredible and get the MVP nod. Don't you think?
QB driven league plus the media could run with the retirement rumors about Ben and make that the narrative.

K-Gun

Mike Lombardi doesn't think Trevor Siemian is a legit starting QB.

So they should probably start working on his HOF bust and jacket size now.

He's not good, I'm not sure what the definition of legit starting QB is but I wouldn't want him QBing my team.

MechDX

Mike Lombardi doesn't think Trevor Siemian is a legit starting QB.

So they should probably start working on his HOF bust and jacket size now.

Hes just a guy. Not great, wont put the team on his back and win a game but he wont make too many critical mistakes

Basically everyone arpund him needs to be good to great

Wonder how the voters are gonna keep Moss and TO out of the HoF this year. Ray Lewis is gonna get in. Dawkins should get in but probably won't. None of those Qb's or Rb's are gonna get in anytime soon.

Moss and T.O will get left off for "off field antics" but Ray will be first ballot as everybody glosses over the fact he literally killed another human being.

Edge deserves to be in. He averaged 105 yards from scrimmage per game in his career, even higher if you factor out his final two seasons. Throughout his entire career up until he fell apart he was ALWAYS the second best dual threat/3 down back in the league behind Faulk and then Tomlinson. And he put up really solid stats, especially when you consider the offense NEVER ran through him, he was always playing second fiddle to whatever Peyton wanted to do on those colts teams.

Other than that yeah, pretty weak QB/RB class. Lots of hall of very good/great guys.

Tom Penny

Moss and T.O will get left off for "off field antics" but Ray will be first ballot as everybody glosses over the fact he literally killed another human being.

Edge deserves to be in. He averaged 105 yards from scrimmage per game in his career, even higher if you factor out his final two seasons. Throughout his entire career up until he fell apart he was ALWAYS the second best dual threat/3 down back in the league behind Faulk and then Tomlinson. And he put up really solid stats, especially when you consider the offense NEVER ran through him, he was always playing second fiddle to whatever Peyton wanted to do on those colts teams.

Other than that yeah, pretty weak QB/RB class. Lots of hall of very good/great guys.
you can't discount Ray's contributions as a football analyst.

Gigglepoo

Remember when Ray Lewis killed a guy and then said Kaepernick couldn't get a job because of a picture his girlfriend tweeted?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Remember when Michael Vick literally went to prison but got a starting job again and said Colin Kaeprernick isn't signed because of his hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom