• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HOF list this year is fucking stacked. Ray, Urlacher, Thomas, Edge, Moss, T.O, Hutch, Faneca, Mawae, Dawkins, and Law all deserve/deserved to be first ballot to me. There's like another 2 dozen guys on the list I wouldn't make any argument against if they got in.

Quarterbacks (5): Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Phil Simms

Running backs (10): Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Roger Craig, Corey Dillon, Eddie George, Edgerrin James, Lorenzo Neal, Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

Wide receivers (13): *Isaac Bruce, Donald Driver, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, *Terrell Owens, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Steve Smith (NYG), John Taylor, Hines Ward

Tight end (4): Mark Bavaro, Ben Coates, Ferrell Edmunds, Jay Novacek

Offensive linemen (21): Willie Anderson (T), Matt Birk (C), *Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), Ray Donaldson (C), *Alan Faneca (G), Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), Steve Hutchinson (G), *Joe Jacoby (T), Mike Kenn (T), *Kevin Mawae (C/G), Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Bart Oates (C), Jeff Saturday (C), Richmond Webb (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

Defensive linemen (11): La'Roi Glover (DT/NT), Leonard Marshall (DE/DT), Keith Millard (DT/NT/DE), Leslie O'Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Richard Seymour (DT), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/NT/LB), Kyle Vanden Bosch (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

Linebackers (15): Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher

Defensive backs (12): Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Ronde Barber (CB/S), LeRoy Butler (S), *Brian Dawkins (SS), Rodney Harrison (S), *Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Dennis Smith (S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

Kickers/punter (3): Gary Anderson (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K)

Special teams (2): Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

Coaches (12): *Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil

brentech

Guess we will see if green bays defense is any good with a test vs the Falcons this week.

Ps: the s8+ is an amazing phone and lol at the X
Taking anything positive away from playing against Seattles offensive line in the first game of the season is the equivalent of taking positives away from Bradford playing the Saints defense.

It's only meaningful if they do poorly in this circumstances.

The HOF list this year is fucking stacked. Ray, Urlacher, Thomas, Edge, Moss, T.O, Hutch, Faneca, Mawae, Dawkins, and Law all deserve/deserved to be first ballot to me. There's like another 2 dozen guys on the list I wouldn't make any argument against if they got in.

Wait... Steve Smith from the NYG?!

Zeke

How the fuck is Steve Smith on this list? Also also seeing Jay Novacek and Darren Woodson on the list makes me so happy. We still haven't had a safety worth a shit since Woodson retired.

Zeke

Via deadspin
Apparently, “any person” can nominate eligible players to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, according to the Hall of Fame’s website, which might explain this strange nomination. However, in the “fan vote” for the semifinalist selection, a picture of better Steve Smith is being used, even though he’s not eligible
https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin...nated-to-football-hall-of-fame-1805639830/amp
Lol at the boldes.So giants homers being giant homers. Also I missed Glover being on the list hot damn!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Stephen A saying Tom Savage looked like a petrified puppy, did he watch the same game?

Savage stood in the face of the rush and threw the ball, he had receivers drop 5 balls.

Watson has the ability to move vs Savage being slower.

Doesnt really matter who plays if that line plays that bad all year i will put money on neither one of them finishing the season healthy.

He literally just retired, I don't see how it can be a mistake.
I don't know Croc.. but there has to be a logical explana..

Via deadspin

Lol at the boldes.So giants homers being giant homers. Also I missed Glover being on the list hot damn!
And there it is

It'd be hilarious if Steve Smith makes the Hall of Fame because voters think it's the other Steve Smith
I think I would want to see that tbh

Zeke

bit of trivia seeing Herschel Walker on the list, Darren Woodson was drafted with one of the picks from the Walker trade.

Wonder how the voters are gonna keep Moss and TO out of the HoF this year. Ray Lewis is gonna get in. Dawkins should get in but probably won't. None of those Qb's or Rb's are gonna get in anytime soon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
espnapi_dm_170910_NFL_Steelers_Watt_Sack_and_INT_wmain.jpg

h1nch

Mike Lombardi doesn't think Trevor Siemian is a legit starting QB.

So they should probably start working on his HOF bust and jacket size now.

Dutch/Bread/other people with money fill me in. Which iPhone should I get this winter? 8+ or X? I am too fucking busy to actually read about either one. Just tell me which one I should spend money on.

And BG why your people calling my people the N word for not standing for the anthem? Get that shit under control. You better put a muzzle on your racist NFL people or else I will have to activate the JCB hashtag: #SOMETHINGISCOMING

Get an X. No need to get an 8+ when you can easily cough up that little bit more for the far superior phone. Especially if you have a 7 now, the 8 seems to be a really small step. It's just the screen quality, the camera and the chip being marginally improved, whilst the X actually changes it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom