• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Halo 3 PC Rumors - Microsoft/Frankie denying still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be great to play halo 3 at a better frame rate and resoultion, the only thing annoying visually in the game is how low poly some things are, especially the captian's head.

R3TRODYCE

Hated Halo 3 since I was a H2 MP junkie but I sure would love to dive in again with 1080p 60fps etc...Inject it into my veins.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I swear to god if this ends up real and it's on par with the 360 version I will be one happy camper. I'd still love to see ODST and Reach too but just to have all of the main trilogy on there will make me beyond happy.

We need a Halo: Reach PC version even more, because Best Halo.

Huge power play.

Pretty arguable on that front, I'm sure plenty of Halo purists will say that Reach is where Halo started going down hill.

Halo Reach was easily the best of the series overall. The improvement of story, co-op and graphics put this on top of the other Halos. While multiplayer is not particularly loved by purists I thought it was very fun to play. I liked Reach's multiplayer because it had less jumpy people. Which are a pain to kill when the players are bullet sponges AND you dont have the accuracy of a keyboard and mouse.

Halo 4 on the other hand went totally CODfied for it's multiplayer so it is quite easy to see why Halo fans from the early days absolutely hate it.

I swear to god if this ends up real and it's on par with the 360 version I will be one happy camper. I'd still love to see ODST and Reach too but just to have all of the main trilogy on there will make me beyond happy.

They would have to try and make it worse for this not to happen. At default it should be better. The resolution bump alone makes this better.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
They would have to try and make it worse for this not to happen. At default it should be better. The resolution bump alone makes this better.

You know Halo 2 comes close to being worse. It took a damn damn powerful PC to run it on max when it came out. Even then there are a few bugs that aren't in the xbox version. And this being MS nothing would surprise me.

Karl2177

Without being tied to disc sizes, they could easily do a modified version of the base game where the multiplayer portion is the ODST MP disc.

There are those that said it would never happen. The question now: controller or mouse/keyboard? I would say mouse/keyboard would be the obvious choice for any pc fps, only I've played a couple thousand games of halo 3 with my 360 controller. I honestly don't know what I'd be better with.

There are those that said it would never happen. The question now: controller or mouse/keyboard? I would say mouse/keyboard would be the obvious choice for any pc fps, only I've played a couple thousand games of halo 3 with my 360 controller. I honestly don't know what I'd be better with.

The better question is that if you play with M/K, will they disable the Aim Assist?

If they don't M/K will have a field day with them pad users.

injurai

Banned
I wonder if this means Reach and the others will be on their way as well...

what if their is no Nextbox, and we just get Xbox on Windows 8!!! Which includes Microsoft selling third party on Steam as well!!!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Wild speculation, but I wonder if the next Xbox will be able to run metro win8 and they will have a steam app for metro. Not sure how MS would benefit from this, maybe limit the games to last gen.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You know Halo 2 comes close to being worse. It took a damn damn powerful PC to run it on max when it came out. Even then there are a few bugs that aren't in the xbox version. And this being MS nothing would surprise me.

What bugs exactly? I found playing it on PC to be a massively superior to the original Xbox version. I played both with a controller.

I love the Halo 3 art style, but it really feels like the slowest engine of all the Halo games. Going back to 3 from any other Halo game fees like you're covered in mud walking through quicksand. Reloading takes forever and the gun mechanics can be too punishing if not used in prime conditions (ex: oh you missed with the spartan laser? now you're disabled for 3 seconds while it cools off).

meh I'll probably still get it if there is any new content but still...wish this was Halo 2 HD or something.

wwm0nkey

I love the Halo 3 art style, but it really feels like the slowest engine of all the Halo games. Going back to 3 from any other Halo game fees like you're covered in mud walking through quicksand. Reloading takes forever and the gun mechanics can be too punishing if not used in prime conditions (ex: oh you missed with the spartan laser? now you're disabled for 3 seconds while it cools off).

meh I'll probably still get it if there is any new content but still...wish this was Halo 2 HD or something.
Halo 2 was added to Steam as well...

Jinaar

I'm all for this but can they somehow give me a sweet ass side of HALO WARS as well?

I've been face deep into SC2 HOTS and DOWII RETRIBUTION again and I can't get enough of this stuff. HALO WARS would be the reach around we all want and desire. M/KB please!

Hulud

Oh man, H3 will look incredible downsampled @ 60+ fps. The game's art style and lighting engine ensured that it aged incredibly well. Only gripe with H3's gfx are the human character models. Luckily you never see them in MP.

Blair

Banned
I can't help but feel the hype if this is true. Halo 1 on pc was so fucking fun. I played it with some guy off a random forum and we became and still are really good friends. We were always a little upset that halo3 didnt come to pc so if this releases free of bullshit and on steam... man it could end up being amazing.

wwm0nkey

You know what would be pretty cool? If Microsoft allowed me to register my Halo 2 PC serial on Steam. They're never going to do that though. :(

Would be cool if they at least sent a code for the Steam version to anyone who had Halo 2 PC via their email they registered their ID with.

This game needs high res textures

The texture work in Halo 3 is excellent, the photomode is a testament to its quality.

The problem in-game is the upscaled sub-hd resolution and the lack of adequate filters; AF is sorely missing.

At 1080p+ with good filtering the game will shine.

Halo 3 was pretty alright, a port would serve to improve the controls and increase the FOV, both of which were the worst in Halo 3 compared to the rest.

Nibel

Can't wait for Corky, Eaty, Sethos and Dennis downsample the shit out of it

The only way to top the actual announcement would be to add mod support *dreams*

szaromir

Banned
So you basically hate that games have rules? You would like a weapon able to destroy any vehicle in the game in a single shot to have little reload times?
We were always a little upset that halo3 didnt come to pc so if this releases free of bullshit and on steam...
Mutually exclusive, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom