• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just been soloing ranger for the last few days. and doing more of the world completion stuff. on my third area.

i need more pet. only got 3.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Siren's had a little too much of the "collect the pages" things. It was kinda neat in the end but my goodness.

at least they had a decency to put it in one book, unlike some other *cough cough bloodstone fen journals cough cough*

Hellers

I've been playing around with some of my other characters and now I can't decide which one I want to main first in PoF. I was originally going to do it on my Necro for ease but it turns out Condi Engineer feels so fun to play.

I'm currently doing my first world completion on my Mesmer. 62% at the moment. While doing a tour around Bloodtide coast I ran into a really pro guild doing a public Triple Trouble which netted me that for the records :) Was very good fun.

I've no idea what I will main this expansion. I've got one of each, but I think a human might be better for lore reasons.

Go go Engie or Rev I suppose.

I've no idea what I will main this expansion. I've got one of each, but I think a human might be better for lore reasons.

Go go Engie or Rev I suppose.

I may drop my main and have 3 characters...
I loved the Weaver, Holosmith, and Firebrand..
Guardian is my current main, and i play Engineer a lot, didn't like Tempest and Ele since HoT launch has been my least played class, but over the weekend I got a 200 hero point getting ready fro Weaver..

I say all of that and watch them nerf Holo and Weaver and Guardian remains my main lol..

so aside from crafting -> dumping to forge, what's the cheapest/best way to get HoT ascended armor

Fractal dailies -> Dumping to forge :^)

I got a Tequatl Hoard on last Teq. My very first ascended weapon drop.

So now I have Bo, Caladbolg, and a Teq weapon.

I plan on playing Weaver and Deadeye in PoF, so I'll eventually have a Rifle and a Sword.

So what remains is "What should I make Caladbolg into" and "what Tequatl weapon should I pick?"

I also don't know the stats that'll be required for meta Weaver, but Deadeye is probably going to be Berserker's.

I might make Caladbolg into a Scepter to offhand for Weaver if I can, unless Dagger offhand is really good. That'd leave my Thief with a choice of the usual, but I might go double pistol to build might and then make it last longer. Hmmm.

found myself a juvenile raven. aww yeah. also.

when i first saw a juvenile raven. i was like omg. let me charm it. i kept clicking and was wondering why it wasn't working. thought it was delay.. but then.... someone was in my area during that time lol.

Stuart444

found myself a juvenile raven. aww yeah. also.

when i first saw a juvenile raven. i was like omg. let me charm it. i kept clicking and was wondering why it wasn't working. thought it was delay.. but then.... someone was in my area during that time lol.

Raven has been my main pet for my ranger and will remain so until I get the Tiger and electric Wyvern that are both in HoT area. (My Ranger just reached VB lol).

It will be nice to have two characters PoF ready :D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fractal dailies -> Dumping to forge :^)

I got a Tequatl Hoard on last Teq. My very first ascended weapon drop.

So now I have Bo, Caladbolg, and a Teq weapon.

I plan on playing Weaver and Deadeye in PoF, so I'll eventually have a Rifle and a Sword.

So what remains is "What should I make Caladbolg into" and "what Tequatl weapon should I pick?"

I also don't know the stats that'll be required for meta Weaver, but Deadeye is probably going to be Berserker's.

I might make Caladbolg into a Scepter to offhand for Weaver if I can, unless Dagger offhand is really good. That'd leave my Thief with a choice of the usual, but I might go double pistol to build might and then make it last longer. Hmmm.

Oh I have no problem with ascended weapons, like I have a bunch of chests waiting to be opened. It's the armor I have a problem with.

Hellers

I'm 73% done on my first world completion. Also started working on an ascended greatsword. Feels good being back and doing stuff.

Vena

I got a bunch of cogs and 20 sprockets, lol. I need 1 more cog for the Terrace Pass.

Might burn some gold on gems to get that, its a huge money saver!

Cels

what gemstore items should i get for convenience? i have 2,870 gems.

storage isn't really an issue for me, i have a personal guild bank from before and i already bought a few bank tabs. i also already have 9 character slots.

thinking about the copper-fed salvage kit (waiting for a sale) and the watchwork mining pick (also waiting for a sale) and maybe some other unlimited logging/harvesting tool. if i do get a full set of 3 tools i would probably also buy two more shared inventory slots to get to 4 after the two free ones from the two expansions.

Massicot

Definitely the salvage kit. It sounds like hyperbole but there really isn't anything that comes close. Honestly I would get the silver kit too for rares+. Even if you have the capability to make 120 mystic kits.

As for gathering tools, I would grab the unbound ones if they are still available but I think they might have just rotated out.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
what gemstore items should i get for convenience? i have 2,870 gems.

storage isn't really an issue for me, i have a personal guild bank from before and i already bought a few bank tabs. i also already have 9 character slots.

thinking about the copper-fed salvage kit (waiting for a sale) and the watchwork mining pick (also waiting for a sale) and maybe some other unlimited logging/harvesting tool. if i do get a full set of 3 tools i would probably also buy two more shared inventory slots to get to 4 after the two free ones from the two expansions.
Watchwork Mining Pick just had a sale, so it either still is today or you just missed it. Shared Inventory and Unbreakable Tool Set go on sale tomorrow.

Edit: I second the Copper Salvage recommendation. I don't see the point in Unbound tools though, as Unbound Magic isn't that hard to farm.

August 23: 25% off Shared Inventory Slots and 30% off Unbreakable Gathering Tools
August 24: 30% off Bag Slot Expansion and 70% off Total Makeover Kit (limit 1 per account)
August 25: 50% off Name Change Contract (limit 1 per account)
August 26: 20% off Bank Tab Expansion and 25% off Black Lion Keys

Side note; does Anet do any partial gem refunds? I just got Shared Inventory Slots because I thought there would be no third week... :/

jmartoine

May there be many a mesmer doing tip portal runs this evening for you.

Took me 3 hours to get to the final checkpoint, then a Mesmer doing portal runs caught up within 10 minutes so I used their portal. Got the achievement but I was on the brink or rage quitting. Sent them a nice tip for their help.

Hellers

I've decided to move back from Europe to US so I have a guild to play with (I never did get kicked out of GAFGuild :) )

Does the population level ever make a difference?

*Edit* Ah. I see there's a cost difference

Dizzy-4U

They need to create a minion that eats green sigils. Let them drop 1 copper or whatever.

Hopefully the new loot system in the expansion is also applied to the whole game.

Ashodin

I did Triple Trouble for real the first time last night (at 4 AM). It was pretty damn dope, I got a bunch of achievements crossed off and everything.

Stuart444

I did Triple Trouble for real the first time last night (at 4 AM). It was pretty damn dope, I got a bunch of achievements crossed off and everything.

It's very fun to do when it's organized. I've had 4 successful runs now (one at each head and now doing Cobalt each time to master the keg thing. Keep falling into the water when it's at one of those ones >_< )

I aim for the post-reset one (which is at 2am my time, an hour after the first Teq :D ) or pre-reset.

Both have so far been pretty organized and usually results in a win but post-reset is obviously the best time to do it.

Only got a few achievements to do now for it: Wurm Bait (hard because it requires everyone to not attack that add on the way to one of the wurms) and Wurm Demo aka do 5 kegs successfully.

Has anyone else been getting weird lag spikes lately? It seems ever since the start of August randomly my game will sorta of freeze up, usually during battles. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Stuart444

GJ1ZzDq.jpg

Got my first piece of Ascended Armour today (via Triple Trouble - I do have some ascended acc but this is my first main armour piece) - immediately put on my heritage stuff because damn it, I love my heritage armour <3

My dream of getting Permafrost dye is dead..
Reddit is saying 5th year Dye pack is on sale in the CS, which doesn't contain Jormag's dye pack which holds Permafrost dye..

Stuart444

So I just remembered how much I hate Tangled Depths while going through it on another character.

It's almost never clear how to get some places
Too many enemies that love to slow you down - taking them down one by one is just tedious and annoying. (not to mention will make it take even longer >_< )
it's confusing
too many damned enemies.

This map was made by a sadist

I wish we had mounts now. At least then even if I have to return to a WP, a mount will get me back quicker to wherever I was going >_<

Stuart444

I've mostly grown accustomed to tangled depths, but the area is the south west still confuses me.

Is that the one where you go down a path like area near some hero points/etc and then get stopped at a door that's closed (a big round thing that I assume is a door)?

Cause if so, that's why I made that post. >.> I was just looking to see some hero points and due to all the enemies, I decided to just say screw it and run down the ramp/path until I got stopped by a big round door thing.

queue death and alllllll the way back up to the first WP in TD.

(This is also my second character, until now, only my first character has had access to TD, working my way through the story with my Druid now.)

but hey, on the bright side, I just got a number of AB and TD Masteries that I didn't get last time so progress!

Hellers

So I just remembered how much I hate Tangled Depths while going through it on another character.

It's almost never clear how to get some places
Too many enemies that love to slow you down - taking them down one by one is just tedious and annoying. (not to mention will make it take even longer >_< )
it's confusing
too many damned enemies.

This map was made by a sadist

I wish we had mounts now. At least then even if I have to return to a WP, a mount will get me back quicker to wherever I was going >_<

The amount of enemies crowding maze like narrow passage maps is what killed HoT for me. I've been doing world completion in the original zones and for the most part it's trivial to run past mobs you don't want to fight. Either by going around them, threading through them without catching aggro or just plowing straight though. It's rare they can stop you. That's just not really possible in HoT and it suffers for it. Less mobs and less abuse of stuns/knockdowns would have been a really big improvement. I'd also remove the Chak from the game entirely the annoying little fuckers. I'd have put in the time to learn the way around places like Tangled Depths if it wasn't such a fucking chore.

From the glimpse we've seen of PoF it looks like they've definitely learned the lessons they needed to. Wide open spaces, mobs you can run past and if you do decide to fight they're not damage sponges anymore.

Stuart444

Path of Fire looks awesome. The idle animations for Raptor makes me want to see them for the other mounts <3.

Looking forward to going through Elona with my Raptor (and other mounts) <3

For the most part it seems like Guild Wars 2 has suffered for HoT. Hopefully Path of Fire brings a lot of people back.

I hope they learned from their mistakes, i don't want to see shit like must become friends with Sand People, grind 1.2xp, to continue story...

Stuart444

So I just did the Chak Killer achievements. Would have gotten master but I think some Chak bugged into the walls sadly (you can hear but not see Chak.)

Still, it was so satisfying to jump in and start killing off Chak... so Satisfying.

edit: Also just to say, whoever thought it would be great to have enemies who can 1. knock you back and 2. if you're not close enough, their health regens while still attacking you on mushrooms that you're likely to climb is insane.

(yes, bottom area of TD. the area with all the water and mushroom climbing. Enemies on it that mainly knock you back and it's very easy to dodge off the mushroom :( )

Ah well, I got to Teku WP at least. Just gotta keep powering through to get to DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom