• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Camera already out, unboxing videos inside

kairu

Is that one of the Panasonic ST series? - I'll be using it on one of those - but I have my TV up high, probably need to angle it down 5' or so.

That's going to require hacking up the cable unfortunately or building some kind of adapter

My TV is a 2 year old Samsung model from Costco. Dont know what its called but it has a thin transparent bezel thats about 1/3" wide all the way around. thats what the camera's mount is hooked onto in those photos.

You wont need an adapter to get it on your TV I dont think. the place on the far right that connects the camera to the mount is the only point of connection so you can use the camera's hinge to angle it up or down easily.

Edit: thanks for the photo kairu. Looks really good (for an ugly camera messing up the sleek lines of your TV..) any issues with the cable pulling the camera down, or is it pretty stable?

Actually, the camera's weight being to the back of the TV is part of the design, that just puts more weight onto the support arm which pushes against the back of the TV harder, which holds it in place. No issues with the cable pulling it down at all. Even flicking it from the front and back don't really do anything to it.

Iacobellis

For those wondering, after I recorded my video I took some pictures of it mounted on my TV in case you're curious how it mounts. Seems like its on there pretty solidly to me.

That's pretty slick, surprised there was no hint of the stand before the cameras went on sale.

Wonder how well it would work mounted on top of my older LCD BRAVIA. The back is a lot thicker than current LED sets.

Vooduu

People hyped for the PS4, end up buying already released PS4 camera, Sony profits and laughs, Microsoft left in the rain like "wtf".

Fredrik

People hyped for the PS4, end up buying already released PS4 camera, Sony profits and laughs, Microsoft left in the rain like "wtf".
Odd conclusion. MS will benefit much more from camera interest since they're the ones really banking on the tech and includes it in every box, MS is only left in the rain if there is no interest what so ever in camera games and people start throwing their kinects in the trash.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think it's a smart move to allow people to buy the Dualshock 4 and PS Camera before launch. It makes people commit to their purchase because it's unlikely that someone would buy either of these and then decide to switch. I think Sony may have a similar approach with games in Europe a week before release.

Joeki11a

Banned
should I get this?

GS clerk told me wait until more support and actual breakdown of wha it is used for happens

I kinda agree what is this needed for? no exclusive game uses it

where has Sony ever promote it being use on the UI?

Top Bottom