• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

gbovo

wotter said:
Damnit Sony, bring out those PSN cards in Europe, most people aren't fond of visa-cards over here :(.
why not get a pay-as-you-go credit card, or buy a US PSN card of eBay and buy the game of the US Store.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New Zone looks ridiculously awesome, my God...

Only positive reviews too /bow

Eccocid

8 days left bohohohoh!
Finally a real reason of existence for my ps3! so far the only game i really really liked was Uncharted. For over a year reast of the games i played felt like fillers.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Eccocid said:
8 days left bohohohoh!
Finally a real reason of existence for my ps3! so far the only game i really really liked was Uncharted. For over a year reast of the games i played felt like fillers.

evEn MetAl GEar!?!?

Eccocid

YEah even that! even LBP! even R2! loool
i am not a MGS fan, i got mgs4 in first week finished and never touched to it again (tho i play MGO all the time). Didn't like the narrative, enjoyed the game tho.

WTFing

Banned
sourire3yl8.jpg

Daante

actually when i think of it.. , IM EXCITED AS HELL FOR THIS!!! :D

I know i have said this before but i will say it again:

I really hope sales go well and Sony put in some 2097/XL DLC content in this one.. , man i rank that game as one of the best racing games, gaming experiences i ever have had.. , if they put that with updated grapichs in 1080p , 60fps etc , ooooh-myyyy-gooood.

Jim

ChryZ said:
A present from Three Speech…

Some of this art, finally replaced my awesome, 3 year old Shadow of the Colossus background.
That alone proves how much I can't wait for the game.

1280x1024 if anyone's interested. Cropped from the lower left frame, adjusted contrast and colorized to make it easier on the eyes as a desktop.

Edit: some colorized, cropped but not brightness adjusted desktops. 1920x1500

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'll buy it on the 25th, but after all the delays and runarounds I'm not that excited for the game. I feel the same way about LBP as well.

Firewire

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Good lord I cant believe how much my excitement has risen for this game.

I thought Firewire was making the official thread?

All that hard work down the drain, I had something really special going to! Oh well!

Firewire said:
All that hard work down the drain, I had something really special going to! Oh well!

Ah bro really that sucks I really wanted to see it.

I dont know if you would be down but you should ask if the guy that posted the thread would
give you credit and use your graphics if they look sick.

Thank god for it releasing next week and not this week (away from my PS3 from the 18th until the 23rd). I would've had some serious withdrawals if it dropped this week.

But yeah... Day one!!

h3ro

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ah bro really that sucks I really wanted to see it.

I dont know if you would be down but you should ask if the guy that posted the thread would
give you credit and use your graphics if they look sick.

Firewire, do this. I wanna see.

Ike where you at!

Can't wait. I just started playing Pulse on the PSP, but the big screen awesomeness of this is going to be overwhelming.

Has there been any talk about what the trophies are going to be? I haven't seen anything.

h3ro

Firewire said:
No worries guys!

We have an official thread of awesome up regardless!

Maybe you should use the assets you made and make the Online thread?
do it fast!!!!

We'll surely need one for all the races that I'm gonna win against you all... *slyly flashes "You Go" guy smirk*

prodystopian said:
Has there been any talk about what the trophies are going to be? I haven't seen anything.
So far I've only seen/read of 2:

Happy Accident - Do your first barrell roll (according to someone - personally, I didn't see what triggered it)
??? - Reach Zone 75

h3ro

Revolutionary said:
So far I've only seen/read of 2:

Happy Accident - Do your first barrell roll (according to someone - personally, I didn't see what triggered it)
??? - Reach Zone 75

Here are some shots I found on N4G:

1219484570744.jpg

12194845723.jpg

Firewire

Banned
h3ro said:
Maybe you should use the assets you made and make the Online thread?
do it fast!!!!

We'll surely need one for all the races that I'm gonna win against you all... *slyly flashes "You Go" guy smirk*

A small taste lol! (Maybe I should do an online thread)

Wipeout2.jpg

I was just working on making those gun have a firing effect lol!

h3ro said:
Here are some shots I found on N4G:

http://www.psonly.nl/images/overige/1219484570744.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.psonly.nl/images/overige/12194845723.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Medal for every cell?

Does cell = racing class (Rapier, Phantom, etc.) or something?

EDIT: Oh wait, that's something from Pulse, I read. I missed out on Pulse (the only one I missed, actually), so I'm unsure of how that works.

Revolutionary said:
Medal for every cell?

Does cell = racing class (Rapier, Phantom, etc.) or something?

EDIT: Oh wait, that's something from Pulse, I read. I missed out on Pulse (the only one I missed, actually), so I'm unsure of how that works.

Yes it is from pulse. Basically, the cells are connected like a honeycomb and when you select a cell and get a medal in that race the adjacent sells are available to select. So that trophy is saying get a medal in every race in Uplift mode.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Its getting great reviews, its only costs 12 pounds and since I've neevr played a Wipeout game this is going to feel like a completely new game rather than a remake. Its too good a deal to miss out on.

The only thing to do now is to buy me a PS3 and get this game to complement my almost complete collection of the series. And finally race online with some of you. Pulse was a bit underwhelming online.

M3Freak

Banned
I've been playing WipEout pulse on my PSP a lot lately. I'm glad to see that only two tracks from it are in WipEout HD. Still, I wonder if I'll get WipEout overload if I buy this too.

Perhaps the massive difference in graphics, screen size and sound will make them play differently enough that I won't mind playing both games.

Top Bottom