• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gwent - Open Beta Thread: Not bad, not bad at all

Wagram

I'm not really a fan of the new card explanations. They tried to make it simple, but they ended up cluttering the description with 100 different terms and explanations.

TheYanger

Man I haven't played in...maybe 2 months? THIS SHIT FEELS SO DIFFERENT. I love Gwent. All of the changes are taking some serious getting used to. Feels like there's so much depth to each card now, it might actually be too overwhelming for new players to consider what exactly is going to happen with everything in their hand now.

Updated the client on my work computer just to see how many kegs I have. 130, I guess I'll spend some time opening them tonight when I get home. :)

Tutorial was nice, I was worried when Justin mentioned they didn't get Ciri's voice actress to return, but I'm pretty sure it's her.

Is there no way to see the list of keywords and what they mean, other than hovering over a card that has the keyword in the deck builder menu? There seems to be no way to see them in the card collection menu, or right click to focus a card.

Wagram

Updated the client on my work computer just to see how many kegs I have. 130, I guess I'll spend some time opening them tonight when I get home. :)

Tutorial was nice, I was worried when Justin mentioned they didn't get Ciri's voice actress to return, but I'm pretty sure it's her.

Is there no way to see the list of keywords and what they mean, other than hovering over a card that has the keyword in the deck builder menu? There seems to be no way to see them in the card collection menu, or right click to focus a card.

It's definitely her.

Makareu

Hum am I missing something or all the epics are silver and all the legendaries gold now ? what the point of having the distinction if it's the case ?

I think I accidentally just wasted 100 powder on a First Light premium. Lol.

same here

Kumquat

Totes grabbing this when I get home from work. Didn't get invited to the closed beta which was a sad face moment.

This is the perfect picture for Roach. I like a developer who can poke fun at themselves.

pe0a44baehh0hsaifxia.jpg

Makareu

Totes grabbing this when I get home from work. Didn't get invited to the closed beta which was a sad face moment.

This is the perfect picture for Roach. I like a developer who can poke fun at themselves.

pe0a44baehh0hsaifxia.jpg

Just you wait until you see the animated one.

Sec0nd

Randomly stumbled upon this on the shop. Had no clue it was going in open beta today! Exciting.

Anyway, thought I'd hop in a wreck some fool because I thought I was pretty good at Gwent in W3. Well... To say that was misguided would be an understatement. I had no clue what was going on. So many new cards and effects and shit going on. It's insane.

AndersK

Yeah there's a bit of stuff to keep track of. Am i correct in assuming meteorite ore is solely for upgrading cards to foils?

And you can't earn it?

Yeah there's a bit of stuff to keep track of. Am i correct in assuming meteorite ore is solely for upgrading cards to foils?

And you can't earn it?
You can earn it through level ups and end of match rewards. But yes its only for upgrading cards to their animated form

This game has the type of tutorial/challenges I wish every difficult game had. If Street Fighter V had launched with something that could efficiently and coherently walk you through the basics like this I'd probably still be playing it.

AndersK

You can earn it through level ups and end of match rewards. But yes its only for upgrading cards to their animated form

Ahh, i see. Thanks. Frankly this business model seems much nicer than HS. I decided i just can't keep up with that after this recent expension.

annnnd lol at the First light. I've been had!

Edit: Some of the foils have greeeeeat animations. Oh man.

Initially I was a bit annoyed that they made gold cards legendary but this was balanced by all silver cards becoming epic. Overall it puts a lower cap on how much decks cost and you get an OK selection to start off with.

This game has the type of tutorial/challenges I wish every difficult game had. If Street Fighter V had launched with something that could efficiently and coherently walk you through the basics like this I'd probably still be playing it.

As someone who bounced off of the Gwent tutorial in W3, the standalone tutorial was smooth as butter. Had a better grasp than even the multitude of Beta Let's Plays I've seen.

I really have found my card game having already tried Magic, Hearthstone and Shadowverse in earnest so far. Presentation and simplicity (at least now on the ground floor) has dug the games hooks in me.

Ugh. Choosing a fifth card from a keg is so tough sometimes.

Got Yarpen Zigrin/Cyprian Wiley/Serrit

I plan on playing Scoia, Nilfgaard and Skellige so I have no clue what to pick.

Wood Man

pe0a44baehh0hsaifxia.jpg

This made me smile.

Downloaded the beta. Gonna play some Gwent tonight.

JustinBB7

Yea I was glad too, she sounds super weird in her avatars and even in the cinematic (she only says yap but it still sounds weird) but in the tutorial it's her thank god.

Top Bottom