• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Goli

I'm surprised at the amount of people dropping it, I honestly don't think this is any more, or less, complicated than other mobile games, like Brave Exvius for example.

And... I still can't log in to the international version.

What I really don't get about this launch is that they're holding back a lot of fun features, like the multiplayer component, behind an update.

Kouriozan

I finally ran out of energy, damn this took a long time.
Co94K69XEAA62oJ.jpg

Took this pic right after unlocking the White Mage job, I should be halfway through the 2nd Chapter, right after getting the key, I kinda like the game so far.

Dreavus

I survived the dragon boss with only 41 HP. Jesus. Upping the difficulty is definitely a good way to go.

I dunno, the game is pretty cool. The way the elements play off each other is interesting. Attacks against same-element monsters are reduced, but you want to build up those orbs sometimes for the defensive boost. It's cool.

Hoping it opens up a little bit after getting a few more jobs. Warrior is the only good one right now because of the free sword, lol.

StarVigil

Most of the systems aren't hard to grasp, it's just there's a lot of them at the same time. Which parts are you having trouble understanding?
What should I pull/ not pull? I spent several ability tickets for attacks as that seems to be the only thing I can buy right now.
Best thing so far: Auto-Battle while browsing GAF. Plus, the OST is top tier

Dreavus

I finally ran out of energy, damn this took a long time.

Took this pic right after unlocking the White Mage job, I should be halfway through the 2nd Chapter, right after getting the key, I kinda like the game so far.

Did you use a summon to get that job, or is there a way to upgrade the apprentice mage job you start with?

Caim

What should I pull/ not pull? I spent several ability tickets for attacks as that seems to be the only thing I can buy right now.

https://mediacraft.rockuapps.com/articles/the-best-abilities-in-mobius-final-fantasy

Did you use a summon to get that job, or is there a way to upgrade the apprentice mage job you start with?

I think White Mage is the only job that is exclusive to the gacha at the moment, but if I'm wrong you can obtain every job available right now without rolling for it. You can also upgrade each of the jobs into new jobs with a crystal once you've finished their board. Each board is usually a new weapon and job. There will be new jobs releasing on the 13th though.

It appears that 'console experience' means it has polygons and voices. I was hoping for a lot more than another game that is just a series of battles with some cutscenes.

DPtheGod

Oddly, out of all the free FF mobile games out, this is by far my favorite, and it was my least favorite during pre-release "hype" trains. The combat system is far more complex than I was expecting for a FF title.

Didn't Kitase say this was meant to be like a true FF experience on mobile?

Tirod

I see more people talking about the game than connection issues; are the connection issues on my end?

I'm using 5.0 WiFi right next to the Router and I'm getting connection errors. Other apps on my tablet run fine and my other devices have no issue connecting.

Dreavus

So looking to pick up a few ability cards. How can I tell whether I can use them or not, is it just based on Class and elements for that class? Looking at what I currently can use, It's not stopping me from equipping anything other than an earth skill (which is not one of the mage elements).

https://mediacraft.rockuapps.com/articles/the-best-abilities-in-mobius-final-fantasy

I think White Mage is the only job that is exclusive to the gacha at the moment, but if I'm wrong you can obtain every job available right now without rolling for it. You can also upgrade each of the jobs into new jobs with a crystal once you've finished their board. Each board is usually a new weapon and job. There will be new jobs releasing on the 13th though.

Ahh I see. Apprentice Mage --> Mage in that skill window.

Kouriozan

Upgrade from Apprentice Mage -> Mage and then White Mage
Edit : Yeah, it's right after Mage, I have no crystal left though and the other job are stuck at the basic ones.

Just finished Chapter 1, and have some questions.
1. How do you up the difficulty?
2. Is there any way to adjust the rate at which the "Gifts" you get from Echo in battle occur?
3. Why do I have so many Ability Tickets?
4. Where do I turn on the japanese voices /s

Kouriozan

2. Is there any way to adjust the rate at which the "Gifts" you get from Echo in battle occur?
1 and 4 : settings in the etc tab, for 2 it appears to be completely random and 3, it's part of the launch gifts, used some to get 3* fire and water spell nobody is dropping them.

Caim

ETC > Settings > Change Difficulty

I read somewhere on the reddit that you can download the japanese voices from one of the options. It should be about 38 mb.

Shouta

The only things you can pull from the gacha are ability cards and job cards. Both are essential but tbh, you dont need to pull for job cards right away.

The 3 jobs you get can be upgraded using skill seeds to increases its stats. Once a job's card is fully upgraded, you can use a crystal to unock a job for it that can be equipped in the menu. New jobs changes your stats and elements as well as his costume. Weapons are u locked while upgrading jobs as well though there are weapons you can earn during events that are separate.

Here are some shots of what the first warrior class changes into.

http://imgur.com/a/6OWuq

So looking to pick up a few ability cards. How can I tell whether I can use them or not, is it just based on Class and elements for that class? Looking at what I currently can use, It's not stopping me from equipping anything other than an earth skill (which is not one of the mage elements).

Ahh I see. Apprentice Mage --> Mage in that skill window.

You can use any ability card you want but some jobs only generate certain elements so you can only consistently use those element cards. You also want to match up the job with the same type on your card because it'a more effective. Ranger classes can use you warrior cards but it won't be nearly as effective as you g ranger cards.

Goli

I was finally able to log in! I really like the voice work, but Vox is a lot more petty here than in the JP ver, lol.

On Android I'm not finding "Settings" within the ETC menu
Could there be any other names for the setting?
Also, is there anyway to earn Growstars outside of buying them?

Z3M0G

Why can't they make a phone game that doesn't pull in heroes from other games?

Edit: I'm enjoying the game btw.

Caim

On Android I'm not finding "Settings" within the ETC menu
Could there be any other names for the setting?
Also, is there anyway to earn Growstars outside of buying them?

Sorry about that I meant ETC > Config.
I think the only other way to get a Growstar is filling out the login bonus list.

Uthred

So gacha versions of jobs are stronger than the "free" versions, do they share the same job names or do the gacha ones have their own title?

So gacha versions of jobs are stronger than the "free" versions, do they share the same job names or do the gacha ones have their own title?
They're stronger? I have six summon cards but I'm not sure what to do with them. New job or a 4 star ability? Man I hate gatcha/gamble mechanics. Just let me choose a new class or ability!

Dawg

I like the concept but I feel like there's way too much going on. I already forgot half of the things the tutorial told me :> It's putting me off from playing further.

StarVigil

Wait, so if there are gacha versions of jobs, does that mean that you can play anything you want, but pull to have a stronger version of it? CAN I BE ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS OR NAH? ;__;
Also, what is the difference between the 3 Star and 3Star+ Cards?

PS: found a blog with a yuge faq. Tried to make sense of it, but it's just too confusing for me right now https://koukoupuffs.net/tag/mobius-final-fantasy/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's a job card for Cloud too, lol.
There sure is. It's pretty amazing too.

Here's my character from the Japanese version, haven't touched it in a month:
One cool thing about the game is that the stamina you get from leveling up/presents from SE can go over the limit, instead of capping at whatever is your current maximum (the +768 on my screenshot is the value over the cap).

udivision

There sure is. It's pretty amazing too.

Here's my character from the Japanese version, haven't touched it in a month:

One cool thing about the game is that the stamina you get from leveling up/presents from SE can go over the limit, instead of capping at whatever is your current maximum (the +768 on my screenshot is the value over the cap).

I guess you could say...

Limits are meant to be broken.

Uthred

They're stronger? I have six summon cards but I'm not sure what to do with them. New job or a 4 star ability? Man I hate gatcha/gamble mechanics. Just let me choose a new class or ability!

From what I've gleaned in the sub-reddit the gacha version of a job is stronger than its regular version, so a gacha Ranger (which sounds like a terrible tokusatsu show) is more powerful than a standard Ranger. Though I'm unsure how much more powerful, why its more powerful, and if both are called Ranger.

Dante

Because it's not terrible and I can think of at least one incredibly popular mobile game that has a worse UI.

Which one?

Game of War? Mobile Strike? Those aren't great but I think the information is presented much better than this mess.

chrono01

As someone who plays of these "gatcha games" than anyone really should (it's an addiction of mine), I think I'm going to pass on Mobius. I already have Brave Exvius keeping my attention, and I much prefer the look (and, judging from videos I've watched, feel) of that, when compared to Mobius. The game is a battery drain too (the graphics do come at a cost), and I'm already finding my battery time limited with the games I do play. :/

It's probably for the best really, as I'm not so sure I have enough time for another gatcha game. That being said, I'll probably give the new Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Blazing game a try...

The graphic glitches out every time my character move, like in a transition between battles and victory animation.

Is it my phone? I'm using Zenfone 5.

Top Bottom