• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Reaction_ItalianSpiderman.gif

The abomination called Kellymilkies might be in SK's Dota 2 female team.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SKDota

Haha the comments, this guy:

始終 後疑 帶斯 posted on March 14, 2012 @ 6:41pm
photos pls? :D wanna shoose my favorite girl-star

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Old SK wanted to get a salary and SK didn't think it was worth the money at the moment, with this team they'll probably just be sending them some free gear and getting the name about.

ksan

Wow she does sound like a horrible person.

Doesn't help that she got to cast GSL Code A too, while being shitty as fuck at casting.
People have good reasons to think she's a piece of shit.

Also, even worse... She's dating Loda... CLG is dead to me.

and Loda allegedly challenged tobi to a 1v1 (or something, I don't fucking know, weird as fuck however). Because tobi called kellymilkies out

JustinBB7

Doesn't help that she got to cast GSL Code A too, while being shitty as fuck at casting.
People have good reasons to think she's a piece of shit.

Also, even worse... She's dating Loda... CLG is dead to me.

and I'm Loda allegedly challenged tobi to a 1v1 (or something, I don't fucking know, weird as fuck however). Because tobi called kellymilkies out

Lmao, what a tough guy. 1vs1 in real life i own u!!

Anything wrong with a female team?
Yes there is, why is there a need for a female team? Seems like it's just to exploit gaming nerds. Making an all girl team is just exploiting sexuality more than anything, if they are actually there to compete why not just join a team?

If girls want to compete, let them build a team compete with the other teams like everyone else.

Tenck

Yes there is, why is there a need for a female team? Seems like it's just to exploit gaming nerds. Making an all girl team is just exploiting sexuality more than anything, if they are actually there to compete why not just join a team?

If girls want to compete, let them build a team compete with the other teams like everyone else.

They're getting sponsored like all the other pro teams. They built their team like everyone else. There's nothing wrong with that.

And exploiting sexuality? Going to win all their games by distracting the guys?

Edit: And to add to my post, why is there a need for all male teams? Women should have the same privileges of forming their own team to compete if they want to.

They're getting sponsored like all the other pro teams. They built their team like everyone else. There's nothing wrong with that.

Edit: And to add to my post, why is there a need for all male teams? Women should have the same privileges of forming their own team to compete if they want to.
What major tournaments have these players won? Amatuer tournaments?
Are they currently scrimming against the top teams?

Answer me this, why is this team being sponsored when there are already established successful teams that lack sponsors?

Edit, let me answer more fully: Those are all things players do before they are signed onto sponsored teams. The fact that this all girl team just by-passed the current structure of team sponsorship tells you something about the motivations for creating this team.

If anything, the creation of this team is extremely misogynistic, it implies that women can't simply compete and reach the pro level, that they need to have their achievements handed out to them.

Sanjay

How do you guys build Spectre?

Starting items, Quelling Blade, Regen and Branches.

Boots -> Vitality Booster -> Power Treads -> Sacred Relic -> Radiance > Heart of Tarrasque

Skills first 6.
Spectral Dagger
Dispersion
Spectral Dagger
Dispersion
Spectral Dagger
Haunt

And don't afk rice always use your ulti to tp to your clone to help in team fights or teammate to turn the fight around.

Deadly

What major tournaments have these players won? Amatuer tournaments?
Are they currently scrimming against the top teams?

Answer me this, why is this team being sponsored when there are already established successful teams that lack sponsors?

Edit, let me answer more fully: Those are all things players do before they are signed onto sponsored teams. The fact that this all girl team just by-passed the current structure of team sponsorship tells you something about the motivations for creating this team.

If anything, the creation of this team is extremely misogynistic, it implies that women can't simply compete and reach the pro level, that they need to have their achievements handed out to them.
Pretty much nails it. If they were really competing on the same level as everyone else, they'd be looking to join other teams individually.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

According to GosuGamers they've only played two games, and lost them both.

XBOCT is stuck in traffic so it's just music for now.

Sanjay

They're getting sponsored like all the other pro teams.

Wrong. Pro teams earn their sponsorship by competing at the highest level.

They built their team like everyone else. There's nothing wrong with that.

Wrong. Team building process get the best players not get the best female only players.

Wrong. To get exposure for their sexuality not their skills.

why is there a need for all male teams? Women should have the same privileges of forming their own team to compete if they want to.

I'm confused. Is this all female team going to compete with the men's team or is there going to be separation.

Guesong

Those commentators talking like aL "upsetting" Na'Vi was a big surprise.

aL is freakin' good and we all know it, wtf are they smoking

Neki

I just don't understand why it's an all female team. Is there something special about being all female that warrants a team? Where is my all black team, all asian team, all Filipino team, all blue-eyed team?

Sanjay

Those commentators talking like aL "upsetting" Na'Vi was a big surprise.

aL is freakin' good and we all know it, wtf are they smoking

Anyone that beats the best will always be an upset.

I just don't understand why it's an all female team. Is there something special about being all female that warrants a team? Where is my all black team, all asian team, all Filipino team, all blue-eyed team?

I want a all Rice team, na mean.

Low Tier

all asian - ccm, eh, lgd, ig, insert-chinese-team-here
all Filipino - happyfeet, mineski, all those SEA teams
all blue-eyed - shakira, panzer, da germans
all black - uh...dammit.

Neki

all asian - ccm, eh, lgd, ig, insert-chinese-team-here
all Filipino - happyfeet, mineski, all those SEA teams
all blue-eyed - shakira, panzer, da germans
all black - uh...dammit.

all black - swag, judgen, moodyshuffle, lamarcus and milkman

amirite guiz

Guesong

International champions, by right :|

That was the very first tournament. Which, despite having more prestige, is just like any other tournament. (And they had ArtStyle, for what it matters). If the very first tournament had been a joinDOTA Master, what would you be saying?

Meanwhile 2 months ago, for...I don't know what tourney precisely in which Na'Vi was also participating, I think it was The Defence, aL was just stomping through teams. And I mean stomping. They were literally invincible during that period.

Sure, Na'Vi won the very first tournament of DotA2's existence, a high profile tournament, but that was 6-7 months ago already. Lots of things have changed, both in and out of the game itself. It's like in Tennis ; just because a player won the first Grand Slam of the year does not mean everyone else is suddendly the underdog for all subsequents tournaments.

Neki

That was the very first tournament. Which, despite having more prestige, is just like any other tournament. (And they had ArtStyle, for what it matters). If the very first tournament had been a joinDOTA Master, what would you be saying?

Meanwhile 2 months ago, for...I don't know what tourney precisely in which Na'Vi was also participating, I think it was The Defence, aL was just stomping through teams. And I mean stomping. They were literally invincible during that period.

Sure, Na'Vi won the very first tournament of DotA2's existence, a high profile tournament, but that was 6-7 months ago already. Lots of things have changed, both in and out of the game itself. It's like in Tennis ; just because a player won the first Grand Slam of the year does not mean everyone else is suddendly the underdog for all subsequents tournaments.

pretty sure Na'Vi won the Premier League too.

ksan

Since when is Na'Vi is objectively, unarguably classified as "the best"?

They may not be many in that top tier team category, but I'd put aL on par with Na'Vi anyday.

Na´Vi is by far the best team, there is quite a gap to the next team.
People just start challenging the fact when there is some online weekly/monthly/non-important match and they don't play their best and quite obviously pick heroes that they are not used to playing. Same thing happened when they first picked VS a couple of months ago and lost...

The only major tournament they entered and didn't place first in was due to the infamous double dd, which even got patched shortly after. (and they didn't go to DH)

edit: Just look at the match history:
GosuGamers: Na´Vi
GosuGamers: aL
Na´Vi doesn't choke in important games, which I can't say for practically any other team.

JustinBB7

Na'vi won the international, the defense and the premier league all in a row. I'm pretty sure that means they are the best. If they win the Joindota Masters too it will be hard to deny.

I don't even care, Dota can go everywhere in any match. AL just beat Navi twice, but last night they gave up after 10 minutes and called GG and disconnected in another match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom