• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah I kind of agree with this.
I've seen him do some downright STUPID shit during matches that makes you wonder if he's got a brain injury.
However since he hasn't done that so far this season I'll be happy while it lasts.

I don't trust him not to go to sleep and ignore his defensive duties at some point. On the plus side at least Liverpool have some options at full back now; Clyne, TAA, Gomez, Moreno and Milner. Best depth we have had at full back in at least 2 decades. I'd still take the Arbeloa/Riise/Aurelio combo circa 2007 though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
jjkaijrofksz.jpg

bv9nboX.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

What possessed him to ever think he would start for CM at Liverpool, when he barely ever played there for Arsenal. He wanted to be a starting CM, he should have moved down to a mid table club.

Icolin

Banned
I don't trust him not to go to sleep and ignore his defensive duties at some point. On the plus side at least Liverpool have some options at full back now; Clyne, TAA, Gomez, Moreno and Milner. Best depth we have had at full back in at least 2 decades. I'd still take the Arbeloa/Riise/Aurelio combo circa 2007 though.

Don't forget Robertson. He's my first choice left back at this point. Moreno has been serviceable this year, but Robertson is younger and just better.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
To nobody's surprise it turns out Mark Sampson was a prick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41617223

The FA has apologised to two players after new evidence showed sacked England's women's boss Mark Sampson made remarks which were "discriminatory on the grounds of race".

An independent barrister ruled Sampson made unacceptable "ill-judged attempts at humour" on two occasions, to Eniola Aluko and Drew Spence.

Katharine Newton said despite this, she did not believe he is racist.

riiiight. guess it's safe for the FA to stop covering for him now.

Markitron

Don't forget Robertson. He's my first choice left back at this point. Moreno has been serviceable this year, but Robertson is younger and just better.

Genuinely don't know why I forgot about him, maybe it's because Klopp won't play him for whatever reason.

MikeBison

I have been Moreno's harshest critic, but the last 8 or so games he's been...good. Not even just quiet and alright but good.

He wins a hilarious amount of headers considering his size.

Robertson has looked good when he's played though, and for Scotland.

What possessed him to ever think he would start for CM at Liverpool, when he barely ever played there for Arsenal. He wanted to be a starting CM, he should have moved down to a mid table club.

You'd hope the lad isn't so dense he was expecting to go straight into CM with us, I more get the feeling he just wanted out from Arsenal.

Markitron

I think Moreno's been good this season. People always said that he was crap at defending, but great going forward. I thought he was pretty braindead going forward, but this season he's been pretty decent at both.

I always thought he was poor going forward and a massive liability at the back. He has been OK going forward lately (nothing special) but I still don't trust him at the back. He just doesn't seem to have any defensive instincts and he still leaves massive gaps that require cover from Henderson/Can.

He set the bar so low that a moderate improvement is disproportionately inflating his rep.

Also Kyoufu regarding Gini's inability to score away from home:

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/920563157084594176

What a goal it would've been...

That build up was sexy.

Was raging when that didn't go in.

T-Rex.

Banned
I think Moreno's been good this season. People always said that he was crap at defending, but great going forward. I thought he was pretty braindead going forward, but this season he's been pretty decent at both.
I agree, think he's been brilliant this season.

I agree, think he's been brilliant this season.
To be honestI wouldn't say brilliant. I've still seen moments of weakness in his defensive abilities. The united game was the latest example of him just rushing forward brainlessly to a utd player with the ball(ashley young) and ends up getting done easily. Luckily the attack never seems to amount to anything so he gets away with it. Happened in other matches too

Kyoufu

According to the Financial Times, Amanda Staveley's offer is $400 million for Newcastle United FC with a further $200 million to be invested in the squad over the course of two years.

T-Rex.

Banned
To be honestI wouldn't say brilliant. I've still seen moments of weakness in his defensive abilities. The united game was the latest example of him just rushing forward brainlessly to a utd player with the ball(ashley young) and ends up getting done easily. Luckily the attack never seems to amount to anything so he gets away with it. Happened in other matches too
He still makes mistakes, sure, but he gets back and corrects his mistakes a lot better than he used to. I think people are way too harsh on him because he was a massive liability in the last few seasons tbh. He's been the least of our worries defensively this season (Matip, Lovren have been far worse and have led to more goals being conceded).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Will Celtic still have a chance to qualify for the CL groups under the new upcoming system ? Because honestly their performance is beyond ridiculous.

Top Bottom