• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 7 |OT| Kraft Money Rules Everything Around Me

Fox318

yes please

gold-star.jpg

Pepiope

Ron Jaworski ✔ @jawsespn
Carson Wentz is the MOST blitzed QB in the NFL! Blitzed on (39.3%) of his dropbacks!

Wentz has thrown 5 TDs & 0 INTs vs blitz#JawsStats 💯

#DeerInTheHeadlights

Jameis was supposed to be an MVP candidate and Mariota was supposed to lead the Titans to a first round bye.

We picked the wrong draft class for a #1 and #2 QB pick on that one D:

Jarnet87

Jameis right now is in the zone where he's not a franchise QB, but the FO has to sign him because there is nothing else better out there. So between the end of this season and next I hope he takes the next step or just regresses so they can move on. I've lost faith in Koetter. his offensive plan is to try and run the ball and limit his QB's gunslinger/boneheaded mistake mentality, but then we've already seen the team get behind big in three games from playcalling and shit defense forcing them to play risky football. I would rather have a coach whose approach is to trust the QB with a pass first offense and if Jameis can't adapt and get better then oh well he's not the one.

Hindl

Damn. I know Mariota and Winston aren't league MVPs right now but are we already abandoning hope for them?

Sephzilla

Ron Jaworski ✔ @jawsespn
Carson Wentz is the MOST blitzed QB in the NFL! Blitzed on (39.3%) of his dropbacks!

Wentz has thrown 5 TDs & 0 INTs vs blitz#JawsStats 💯

#DeerInTheHeadlights

Hundley is almost certainly going to take this over in a hurry if he stays the starter for the rest of the year. Sharks will smell blood in the water.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jameis right now is in the zone where he's not a franchise QB, but the FO has to sign him because there is nothing else better out there. So between the end of this season and next I hope he takes the next step or just regresses so they can move on. I've lost faith in Koetter. his offensive plan is to try and run the ball and limit his QB's gunslinger/boneheaded mistake mentality, but then we've already seen the team get behind big in three games from playcalling and shit defense forcing them to play risky football. I would rather have a coach whose approach is to trust the QB with a pass first offense and if Jameis can't adapt and get better then oh well he's not the one.

The official name of that zone is the “Tannehill Zone”

foppy79

Oh shit I'm late, uhh
Go iggles
Damn. I know Mariota and Winston aren't league MVPs right now but are we already abandoning hope for them?
I think it's a venting of general frustration with the teams. Both had higher expectations yet to be delivered. And now both were/is injured, bucs and Titans gaf are not pleased right now.

Plus side, we still have both the 49ers and Browns proudly holding that L flag. We may still see an 0-16 team again this year.

Fucking Broncos. Wtf guys.

gutshot

I think Mariota is still good or has potential to be good. He just can't stay healthy.

Winston seems to have accuracy and/or decision-making problems, which as this point in his career, is not a great sign.

Hindl

I think Mariota is still good or has potential to be good. He just can't stay healthy.

Winston seems to have accuracy and/or decision-making problems, which as this point in his career, is not a great sign.

I dunno, the decision-making I'll agree with, but the accuracy can be improved, though you would hope to see it better than it currently is. But error-prone QBs can succeed. If you let Jameis go out and sling it he'll fuck up but he can also win games. And yeah, Mariota just can't stay healthy

Pepiope

my Dash ✔ @AmyDashTV
BREAKING: NY Judge will rule by end of day whether Zeke can play. NFL will respect his decision regardless of the 4pm roster rule

49ers getting a W this week

Lol it’s like you guys give no time for QBs to develop. Jameis and Mariota are still 23 years old.

Twenty three. At least let them get to 25 before saying they’re going to be backups

gutshot

Fun fact: Carson Wentz will start his 23rd straight game for Philly on Monday night, which will be the longest streak of consecutive games started by an Eagles QB in nearly 13 years (McNabb started 35 straight from 2002-2004).

What year is it now for Staff? 10? Where they still swearing he'll have the pieces any day now and be complete?

I'd rather be too early on this shit and give everyone 1 chance than be one of those wild-ass fans who give 20 chances

What was it, three years ago Stafford had Megatron and the entire North aside from them were on fire and they still dropped 4 in a row to blow it?

Its not just Stafford, that team is cursed in general.

What was it, three years ago Stafford had Megatron and the entire North aside from them were on fire and they still dropped 4 in a row to blow it?

Its not just Stafford, that team is cursed in general.
Oh it is Stafford for sure. Guy falls apart when it matters. You can't trust him at all.

DMVfan123

Banned
I don't really have any valid reasons why I believe the Skins are gonna beat the Eagles next Monday night, but I do so Go Skins!

Hindl

I don't really have any valid reasons why I believe the Skins are gonna beat the Eagles next Monday night, but I do so Go Skins!
That's easy. Sustained success and the eagles don't go well together. The wheels are coming off this train eventually, why not now?

That's easy. Sustained success and the eagles don't go well together. The wheels are coming off this train eventually, why not now?
As a Skins fan:

That's easy. Sustained success and the Skins don't go well together (
past 91'
). The wheels are coming off this train eventually, why not now?

And its also Monday Night Kryptonite for the Skins, odds don't look good for us.

None the less, I believe too. #HTTR

Hindl

As a Skins fan:

And its also Monday Night Kryptonite for the Skins, odds don't look good for us.

None the less, I believe too. #HTTR
Yeah plus there's a ton of injuries. We'll see though, that team is legit and Kirk always shows up against the Eagles
Vegas has them as the favorites to represent the NFC in the super bowl. Nothing stops this train.
I get why. Look around the NFC and there's a bunch of good but not great teams. Going into Week 6 I'd say the top 5 were Philly, GB, Atlanta, Washington, and Carolina in no order. GB lost Rodgers, Atlanta lost to the Cutler-led Dolphins at home, and the Eagles just beat Carolina, whose season lives and dies by Cam's streakiness. Washington is the big threat I think, but the Eagles are already 1-0 and they're coming to Philly injured. Eagles are looking like the most complete team in the NFC, and that's with several starters hurt. Seattle will probably put it together late in the season though, and the Rams are looking good too if they keep it up. I'm just so scarred from past fast starts, particularly 2014 where everything was roses till everyone started getting injured

Top Bottom