• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC's Double Down Sandwich looks...interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik2121

RubxQub said:
...there is a KFC less than a minute from my house.

I think I just figured out what I'm eating for dinner in my wife's absence...

Same as your wife away from home, "double down" covered in the Colonel's sauce? lulz

jk!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
What exactly would cause the heart attack here? KFC uses trans-fat free oil, chicken is healthier than red meat, and cheese doesn't clog arteries.

GAF always overreacts to food based on 1980's nutrition myths.

People use the term "heart attack" anytime something is unhealthy. Maybe it won't clog your arteries, but there's probably a shitload of fat in there anyway. Fried chicken and cheese isn't exactly the most healthy mix in the world.

biggyfries said:
I'll get this along with that mashed potato bowl. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfan5MacmsI

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
X26 said:
Looks like it would be like eating a donair without the foil
Every time I read your posts. I imagine a ninja doctor, saying them,in the style of a diagnosis.:lol

I want to eat this. I probably won't though since I'm... you know, concerned with not dying of a heart attack. I still want to eat it, though.

Still not seeing what's so gross or dangerously unhealthy about this. Plenty of places sell chicken sandwiches with bacon and cheese. This actually removes the bread so it's almost carb-free. It's a better alternative to chicken sandwiches you can get elsewhere.

Does the appearance of bread and an ornamental piece of lettuce make other chicken sandwiches healthier?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Does the appearance of bread and an ornamental piece of lettuce make other chicken sandwiches healthier?

I think the new meme is to automatically express disdain about anything fast food related, the actual makeup of the food doesn't matter.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Tonay said:
I would only eat that if they gave you some latex gloves to put on first.

What's KFC's staple item? Oh yeah, fried chicken. Do you demand gloves for that, too?

SUPREME1

Banned
481698437ehbDXK_ph.jpg

fat-women-bbw-singles.jpg

mcdonalds.jpg

obese.jpg

fatwoman1.jpg

Still not seeing what's so gross or dangerously unhealthy about this. Plenty of places sell chicken sandwiches with bacon and cheese. This actually removes the bread so it's almost carb-free. It's a better alternative to chicken sandwiches you can get elsewhere.

this is the food of the man-gods. don't listen to the hipster doofuses (sp?)

dallow_bg

nods at old men

:lol at how seriously you're taking this.

What's worse? Two thin slices of bread, or a whole extra piece of fried chicken.

Ok, GAF, I took the plunge.

verdict: meh

very juicy, ALOT of sauce, chewy bacon, and the buns/breasts break apart about half way through.

My God, that's genius!
There's no way in hell I'm going to eat that though, the McGangbang is where I draw the line.

Aslo, LULZ @ 'it's almost carb-free'
I remember when KFC had to stop airing adds that tries to make fired chicken healthy using the fucking Atkins angle.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
My fucking KFC doesn't have the sandwich yet. Got an original recipe sandwich instead and raged quietly in my house with a mouthful of classic awesome.

birdman

Megadragon15 said:
That looks like an interesting concept/construct. Oh who am I kidding, I'm not paying $6.99 for that monstrosity.

That's for the combo. The sandwich alone can't be more than 5.

What do you have against facts?

Who knows what's in the sauce, though.
I was laughing at someone trying to use that point as some kind of silver lining to make this obesity bomb less horrible.
Seriously, double up that fried chicken and bacon, but UGH get that bun out of here, I'm trying to get down to my fighting weight.

Mudkips

Banned
What do you have against facts?

Who knows what's in the sauce, though.

The point is that pointing to the slightly okay aspects doesn't excuse it from being a terrible, terrible food choice. You might as well defend people who supersize it and get a diet coke. Better, yes. Still shit.

And I believe most people are disgusted simply by the appearance.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
No bread?
Or are they just out of bread?:lol

Mudkips said:
The point is that pointing to the slightly okay aspects doesn't excuse it from being a terrible, terrible food choice. You might as well defend people who supersize it and get a diet coke. Better, yes. Still shit.

And I believe most people are disgusted simply by the appearance.

Or are they just out of bread?:lol
Yeah, that doesn't help. I though it was something a customer threw together with parts of everyone's meal.

Meliorism

I would probably get one, but I don't like cheese, and it's probably pretty plain without it.

Still, the chicken looks pretty yummy to me.

Mudkips said:
The only bad part is the bacon. It's just chicken and cheese. When the hell did chicken and cheese become bad for us?

tokkun

KFC's nutrition guide lists their chicken breast sandwich as being 480 calories.

A single original recipe chicken breast is 370 calories. So two of them is 740. Add in two slices of cheese, bacon, and the sauce, and it's probably around 1000 calories.

The only bad part is the bacon. It's just chicken and cheese. When the hell did chicken and cheese become bad for us?
Honestly, cheese is bad for you from the fat/calories stand point. A little bit is ok, but that's at least a slice of each cheese. The main issue is the fried chicken. If if were two boiled or baked skinless breasts, OK, then thats fine. If KFC sells it, they must have the nutritional info somewhere. Basically, eating just that sandwich, with no pepsi or fries, is more fat and calories then the average person will burn in the whole day. I'm not saying don't enjoy it, I'm saying don't kid yourself.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
BobTheFork said:
Honestly, cheese is bad for you from the fat/calories stand point. A little bit is ok, but that's at least a slice of each cheese. The main issue is the fried chicken. If if were two boiled or baked skinless breasts, OK, then thats fine. If KFC sells it, they must have the nutritional info somewhere. Basically, eating just that sandwich, with no pepsi or fries, is more fat and calories then the average person will burn in the whole day. I'm not saying don't enjoy it, I'm saying don't eat it.
858 calories and 62.4 grams of fat
Doesn't sound like it would be the ruiner of worlds if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom