• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming April 2017 | Canceled due to backlog

uM6g9rg.jpg

Each month, the iOS GAF community hosts a thread for new game releases, rumors and discussion that define the fast-moving world of iOS gaming.

The OP will contain recommended games that released during the previous month. All the games listed will have been highlighted by the GAF community in one way or another. This way you can keep tabs on the best games and at the same time curate an excellent resource to look back on to find games you may have missed.

If you're a developer who wishes to have your game featured, please talk about your game in the thread and if the GAF community at large likes the game then your wish just might be granted. Please note that there's a difference between posting about a game you made and just advertising your game with no further interaction with the community, this thread is not for the latter and such advertising behavior is frowned upon.

Directory
1) Introduction & Recommended Games
2) Recommended Games continued
3) Upcoming Releases, Past Threads & Other Links

c9l3j0f.jpg

zytY1AI.png

Site | App Store
Card Thief is a solitaire style stealth game played with a deck of cards.
In Card Thief you move through a deck of cards as a stealthy thief. Sneak in the shadows, extinguish torches, pickpocket guards and steal valuable treasures without getting caught.
Card Thief, the official follow up to Tinytouchtales excellent dungeon crawler Card Crawl, attempts to condense the classic stealth genre into a solitaire style card game.

screen696x696.jpeg
screen696x696.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

This is one of the best designed games I've ever played. Really fantastic amounts of depth for a relatively simple concept, and wonderful visual feedback about what will happen during your turn. I love the Thief inspiration and it cribbing its gadgetry with various arrow types, etc. Up there with Invisible Inc. in terms of satisfying risk-reward mechanics. I can't believe it's only $2, I feel like I stole from the devs tbh.
Once you start understanding the ruleset, this really opens up. For example, backstabbing guards (approaching them from the opposite direction of where they're looking) costs you no stealth points. But it can be tricky to backstab guards on the outermost areas of the grid. However snuffing out torches causes the guard to shift over to investigate, so with smart movement while clearing out the grid, you can maneuver guards to backstab effectively

And got to praise the aesthetic and overall presentation. The game is just gorgeous. The hideout theme of the main menu. Your tool cards being held in a gauntlet. The artwork of the cards. The little animations and sound effects of guards and traps.
The game is absolutely fantastic. It's a single player board/card game and works so perfectly with touch controls. The little animations the cards do, as well, is a great little touch. The amount of detail and thought put into the design of the game is just absurd. It is a beautiful game, with a great Brother's Grimm sense of humor and depravity to the whole thing that is just so refreshingly unique. I would absolutely pay for a physical version of this.

One thing I am confused about is the treasure chests. I just finished two rounds, once with a chest with a value of 3, and once with a chest with a value of 2. Both times, the chest lost one point of value at the reward screen. Seems odd.

Also, for those weary after playing Card Crawl: this is a much more exciting and fun game. I love Card Crawl, but also found it too simplistic. Card Thief has more depth to it, and feels more rewarding. Watching your Thief slide around the board, slamming into and taking out the guards, is such a satisfying feeling.

nEZ7qRd.png

Site | App Store
A distant planet. A dying colony. A deadly conspiracy.
The mining boom has left New Providence to die, and just one Earthbound ship remains. Survivor Rose stands in defiance of a broken system. Rise up with fast-paced RPG tactics, and battle across vibrant fields of color.
Join the fight in Ticket to Earth, a sci-fi tale of betrayal and insurrection

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Ticket To Earth is really good. It's SRPG first, puzzle game second. I just unlocked the talent tree; this game has an impressive amount of depth. I only have one character so far, so the strategy and complexity is only going to increase when you have control of multiple characters, plus their abilities and talents
After playing about an hour the game is as good as advertised. The SRPG plus Dungeon Raid combo is really cool. My biggest criticism is the dialog (motherfleckers? Really?).
I don't know of to say it nor how you will you cope with your time and wallet....but feel free to simply add Ticket to Earth on your most wanted list.

I'm super impressed.

A blend between Banner Saga, Steamwolrd Heist, Puzzle Quest and Dungeon Raid.
Yet, it feels really fresh and damn, it's SUPER polished.
The tutorial takes its time but when it opens up...woah, it really opens up.
So many choices, including during the fights, interesting story set in a credible world.
iCloud sync the icing on the cake.
Also, a big plus, fights while being pretty strategic doesn't seem (so far) to take ages....on the contrary everything is kept pretty compact for perfect playing on the go....unless like me you played one hour straight in the blink of an eye.

Definitely GLORIOUS so far.

FbR4jQB.png

Site | App Store
Failbetter's award-winning PC game is now on iOS! Take the helm of your steamship and set sail for the unknown. Sunless Sea is a game of discovery, loneliness and frequent death, set in the award-winning Victorian Gothic universe of Fallen London.
If the giant crabs, sentient icebergs and swarms of bats don't get you, madness and cannibalism certainly will. But that old black ocean beckons, and there's loot for the brave souls who dare to sail her.
Betray your crew, sell your soul to a Devil, marry your sweetheart. Survive long enough and you'll achieve your life's ambition.

sc552x414.jpeg
sc552x414.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

So I'm playing Sunless Sea as I was in the right mood for it at night. And there's a lot to take it. It is heavely text-based but there's a lot of stuff you can do. You can help sailors get to certain destinations, you can go explore and write your book, you can turn off your lights and hide from hostile ships, you can discover new islands and harbors where you can hire officers, buy food for your crew or even explore castles and stuff. I have the feeling that this game is huge, and if you die your legacy goes on to a new character. This game is not bad at all, you just need to be in the mood to read and learn.
I like Sunless Sea but man the menu driven approach, which I assume is the same on PC, drives you a bit nuts.

I understand that interactions with ports, enemies, etc. make it hard to be purely narrative driven and this isn't the same thing as straight interactive fiction, but it's still kind of unwieldy.

May just take some time to get used to. Ship movement and battle controls are fine.

7fSDP8z.png

Site | App Store
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

So, Death Road to Canada is amazing.

The game perfectly combines action and text gameplay to make a fantastic and hilarious zombie survival game. Having both pieces of gameplay really works well on mobile. The action parts are my favorite but making decisions through the text gameplay offers a good break between those action scenes. Especially when you need to plan what to do next and need to take a moment to assess your team.

Some were saying the controls feel clunky but I'm not feeling the same. The controls are smooth and Rocketcat did the best they could to translate the action controls to touch screens. Maybe a dedicated attack button would help but it is certainly not needed.

Full recommendation from me!
Okay, holy shit, Death Road to Canada turns out to be super addicting. I'm not too crazy about all the text and situations while in the car, but when you're out of it and is trying to survive and hold off the zombies it's incredibly addictive. It's all about recruiting people you can trust to your team, managing everybody's equipment, setting their tactic, and increasing their morale, fitness, mechanical finesse and other stats. You need to loot furniture, make sure you got enough gasoline for the car, meat for your hunger. Then you have a ton of different weapons like wooden boards, screwdrivers, hammers, rifles, guns and you need to have enough ammo. You can pick up and throw stuff on the ground, move around objects etc. The controls is also spot on, where you move around with an invisible stick, you attack by pressing anywhere on the screen, and then there's two buttons, one for use, and another for swapping weapons.

Death Road to Canada is legit.

884x8vT.png

Site | App Store
Oxenfree is a supernatural thriller about a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift. Play as Alex, a bright, rebellious teenager who brings her new stepbrother Jonas to an overnight party on an old military island. The night takes a terrifying turn when you unwittingly open a ghostly gate spawned from the island's cryptic past. How you deal with these events, your peers, and the ominous creatures you've unleashed is up to you.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Just completed Oxenfree.

It was, hands down and by far, the best adventure I played since Sword&Sworcery, Year Walk, Device 6, The Dig and Blade Runner.

I'll take some days to digest the ending, then I'll probably do another playthrough.
It's a masterpiece in storytelling.
Oxenfree is fantastic so far... going to play in the dark with headphones like Pitta. Lovely atmosphere and nice talking while making choices as you advance. I cant wait to discover more. Loving what I played so far (battery just died)

jm0095p.png

Site | App Store
As life struggles to gain a foothold in a devastated world, a new lifeform emerges from the rubble. Mold yourself into any shape as you explore this strange, challenging landscape. The eerily beautiful visuals are complemented by the ethereal music of electronica legend The Future Sound of London.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Out of the ones so far, Mushroom 11 is fantastic. One of the most unique indie games of 2015, and it plays like a dream on touch

wPGlwL6.png

Site | App Store
Kingdom: New Lands builds upon the award-winning gameplay and mystery of Kingdom by introducing an abundance of new content to the IGF-nominated title while maintaining the simplicity and depth that legions of monarchs have come to experience and enjoy. Travel to the New Lands and welcome the deluge of new mounts, merchants, and vagrants that call these isles home, but be wary of the new obstacles that threaten your arrival -- for not just the greedy creatures block your way but even the environment itself can defeat you.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

I'm really happy I bought Kingdom: New Lands though. I'm on Day 19 and noticed I got a knight but I don't know if I got him because I put up two shields on the building in the middle. And I have no idea how to get coins now, and I am badly in need of it so I can reinforce my defenses. I were out in the woods and exploring by the water at night and comes back to a stonewall broken and only one archer instead of three of them in my watchtower.

Oh, and did I tell you how beautiful this game is? Guess I'm okay with pixelart, just thought I had fatigue.

CBLqnwo.png

Site | App Store
Beglitched is a game about insecurity, in our computers and ourselves. In a pastel world of networks where nobody truly knows what they're doing, hacking is a magical art and the notorious Glitch Witch is the most premium archmagi of the net. By random circumstance, YOU are her new apprentice. You must use your wits and cunning to unravel the mechanisms of an alien computer and survive amongst a veritable web of clowns, leftclickers, and filedraggers.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

This is pretty good so far. Part Minesweeper, part 868-Hack, part Puzzle Quest

UuCp9a3.png

Site | App Store
Meganoid is a challenging platformer, generating new levels on every play session. Find many items to enhance your character and his abilities while you descend down into the Meganoid space ship. Do you rush for the exit, or do you take your time to collect everything there is, barely escaping the security drones that will hunt you down if you linger.

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

It's good from what I played on Android. Last update also seemed to tone down the difficulty a bit. Still pretty challenging but probably their best game and much different than the original (this being more Metroidvania in design and rogue like with a bit of Spelunky flavor).

leJsSw1.png

Site | App Store
Cosmic Express is a puzzle game about planning the train route for the world's most awkward space colony, from the minds behind A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build and the art of Tyu from Klondike. It's cute, harder than it looks, and guaranteed to give you hours of frustrating fun across hundreds of levels.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Cosmic Express is pretty fantastic. A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build shined through its clever level design and air-tight rules/mechanics, and Cosmic Express is brilliant in the same way. With just a few elements - the placement of tiles, the location of entrances and exits, how many passenger sections you have - the game crafts varied puzzles that ask you to think and plan carefully. Some stages have multiple solutions, and you're incentivized to solve them not for stars or move pars, but because doing so unlocks new levels on the map.

Not only is the gameplay satisfying and challenging, the game feels very polished, from the vibrant easy-to-read aesthetic and the simple responsive controls

Between Cosmic Express and Ticket To Earth, this has been a good week of puzzlers
This game seems to be very well polished and it's stylish to look at for one. It might look simple but it quickly becomes convoluted and you will need to think ahead in how you plan your route to pick up each passenger and get them to their destination. I'm only at level 9 in the first galaxy but I'm already scratching my head. I suck at puzzles.

XAsexwm.png

Site | App Store
Golf Zero is a crazy mix of golf and platforming. Jump, bounce and slide your way around the levels trying everything you can to get the ball in the hole.
There is nothing quite like a nice round of Golf. The freshly cut grass, the birds singing, the razor sharp saw blades, the mid-air bullet time shot as you dodge a bone crushing boulder.

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

This game is so good. Max Payne + Golf + Super Meatboy.

Short but sweet. The controls feel tight and can be customized if you so desire so I never felt like a death was unfair or due to controls. Overall I really like this weird hybrid or platforming and golf. Shooting the golf ball in slow motion while you're about to plunge to your death has a satisfying feeling and makes for great Hail Mary-like moments. It is a little on the short side but levels are coming later for free so it should only get better from here.

l1lBOQA.png

Site | App Store
The calming yet addictive puzzle game is back!
With over 100 hand-crafted puzzles, Kami 2 takes you on a mind-twisting journey that combines logic and problem-solving.

screen696x696.jpeg
screen696x696.jpeg

PNvEFzY.png

Site | App Store
Navigate a red square around 3 faces of a cube, contending with the fact that gravity in this world is relative to the dot on the square you control. Just swipe to move, fall or climb stairs.
Gravity in this world is relative to the dot (•) on the red square you control.

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg

fLwAiyG.png

Site | App Store
Be ready to challenge your brain with the 180 devilish puzzles of Trilogic!
Water puts out Fire
Fire burns Leaf
Leaf drinks Water
A follow-up to Bicolor!

screen696x696.jpeg
screen696x696.jpeg

yZ4p6Z0.png

Site | App Store
Militia is a bite-sized turn-based strategy game that brings the thrill of victory to single-player. It's simple to pick up, and from the moment you start, you'll be learning and improving -- building your skills, learning new strategies, and ranking up on the single player ladder. And as you do, the game evolves with you, providing a worthy challenge every time. Militia also features procedurally generated levels so the challenge stays fresh.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg

R5KQtB7.png

Site | App Store
Pavilion, the multiple award winning & IMGA nominated game from Visiontrick Media. Dubbed as a fourth-person puzzling adventure, Pavilion throws you directly into its mysterious and atmospheric world without any tutorials or beginning explanations.
Guide the mysterious main character through a surreal dream-like place where reality clash with fantasy.
Interact with the environment - sounds, lights, physical objects - through intuitive touch controls.

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg

wcEfO6V.png

Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition - April 11th
Full of Stars - April 13th
Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy - April 18th

More releases to be added soon

IcBECrt.png

iOS Gaming March 2017 | Switch to iOS
iOS Gaming February 2017 | Providing escapism since 2008
iOS Gaming January 2017 | Swipe Right Into The New Year

Visit the January 2017 thread for links to all 2016 iOS Gaming threads
Visit the January 2016 thread for links to all 2015 iOS Gaming threads
Visit the January 2014 thread for links to December 2013 through November 2012 threads!

This website keeps track of all the controller enabled games. It gets updated regularly.

RmHPAM6.png

Genuine thanks to our iOS Gaming community for keeping these monthly threads alive!
Special thanks to Saucycarpdog for this month's thread title, as well as Tunesmith for his fantastic thread format and month after month of hard work in maintaining these threads

Gotta be honest, I'm in a weird spot with my iOS gaming preferences.

I had an iPad 3 which I sold a few years ago, as I was mostly using my iPhone and MacBook Air for all things computing and it just collected dust.

But now, between wanting to get back into comic reading and playing more games, I'm considering an iPad again.

So - to those who have them, a little advice, if you don't mind.

Do I...

1. Pick up an iPad Mini 4, as it's discounted as is.
2. Wait to upgrade to the iPhone 7s Plus (currently rocking an iPhone 6s)
3. Check out the new iPad 5th Gen
4. iPad Pro option.

Thoughts?

Emarv

I saw Pocket Tactics reviewed Tokaido. I didn't know a digital version had come out already. I really dug that game on tabletop. Anybody play it yet?

Amazing thread as always More_Badass!

Gotta be honest, I'm in a weird spot with my iOS gaming preferences.

I had an iPad 3 which I sold a few years ago, as I was mostly using my iPhone and MacBook Air for all things computing and it just collected dust.

But now, between wanting to get back into comic reading and playing more games, I'm considering an iPad again.

So - to those who have them, a little advice, if you don't mind.

Do I...

1. Pick up an iPad Mini 4, as it's discounted as is.
2. Wait to upgrade to the iPhone 7s Plus (currently rocking an iPhone 6s)
3. Check out the new iPad 5th Gen
4. iPad Pro option.

Thoughts?
Ever since I got a plus iPhone I only really touch my iPad for comics and the occasional iPad-exclusive game. If you do read a lot of comics and are interested in iPad games like FTL, Papers Please, Darkest Dungeon, Rome: TW, and Sunless Sea, then yeah, get an iPad. Otherwise an iPhone 7s Plus might suite you just fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bought Card Thief instantly.

PittaGAF

Ever since I got a plus iPhone I only really touch my iPad for comics and the occasional iPad-exclusive game. If you do read a lot of comics and are interested in iPad games like FTL, Papers Please, Darkest Dungeon, Rome: TW, and Sunless Sea, then yeah, get an iPad. Otherwise an iPhofe 7s Plus might suite you just fine.

You are a bad person.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, Darkest Dungeon isn't available right?

Oynox

I saw Pocket Tactics reviewed Tokaido. I didn't know a digital version had come out already. I really dug that game on tabletop. Anybody play it yet?

Apparently it lacks some proper online matchmaking. However during the time I was testing it during the beta the game was already gorgeous. Played the pass&play multiplayer for quite some time. If you like the original board game, you will also like the app. It is the most beautiful board game adaption I have seen to date, I think. It is just the relative high price tag which prevents me from buying. At $5 I'd bite but right now there are so many other great games to play (Card Thief!)

omg_mjd

Any chance that MH Freedom Unite gets iCloud support? It's arguably the best looking version of the game but I can't bring myself to invest time into it if my progress is locked to one device. Kinda regret that I bought it now despite liking the game itself.

Ketch

Ever since I got a plus iPhone I only really touch my iPad for comics and the occasional iPad-exclusive game. If you do read a lot of comics and are interested in iPad games like FTL, Papers Please, Darkest Dungeon, Rome: TW, and Sunless Sea, then yeah, get an iPad. Otherwise an iPhone 7s Plus might suite you just fine.

What do you use for comics on iPad? How are the prices?

What do you use for comics on iPad? How are the prices?
Comixology

Connect your Amazon account to Comixology if you do, prices tend to be cheaper on Amazon and buying digital comics through Amazon places them in your Comixology library

Are you new to comics? I got into them about two years ago and I'm still shocked that I overlooked such a fantastic medium for so long

Ketch

Comixology

Connect your Amazon account to Comixology if you do, prices tend to be cheaper on Amazon and buying digital comics through Amazon place them in your Comixology library

Are you new to comics? I got into them about two years ago and I'm still shocked that I overlooked such a fantastic medium for so long

Not new, just lapsed. Recently (like 4 years ago now) I read most of the walking dead when it was the hotness and I've read some fables and a bunch of marvel stuff when I was a kid.

Daigoro

just cant get into Card Thief.

love everything about it except the game play... maybe it'll click if i keep playing.

Emarv

Apparently it lacks some proper online matchmaking. However during the time I was testing it during the beta the game was already gorgeous. Played the pass&play multiplayer for quite some time. If you like the original board game, you will also like the app. It is the most beautiful board game adaption I have seen to date, I think. It is just the relative high price tag which prevents me from buying. At $5 I'd bite but right now there are so many other great games to play (Card Thief!)

Thanks. I'd mainly be playing pass & play anyway. I'll probably wait for a sale, though.

Pachimari

I've started playing Reigns again having installed it on my Android phone and I still love it like I did before. I'm only up till year 697 though so many interesting things are probably yet to happen. I think I am on my 7th King.

King James!

Oh yeah, I'm seeing some of the same cards and it's taking me out of it a little. Like "this is the coldest winter in 30 years" getting that just 15 years after seems strange. Or maybe 30 years really had passed since I last got it but still. I am unlocking new packs of cards though.

Damn I'm enjoying this. Moreso on a phone than on the iPad Pro.

[edit] Didn't it also get new cards recently?

Mudo

Great thread as always - thanks for all the hard work! So my husbavd just ordered me an Ipad Pro 9.7 inch. I told him i wanted the best Ipad for gaming - did he choose correctly? I'm stoked since I sold my mini retina a year ago. I REALLY miss playing a lot of games on the bigger screen (and the exclusives).

I bought almost all the big releases in the last month and have no not dabbled in each (console games are destroying my time right now - insane quarter) but i'll post some impressions soon.

I have played Card Thief a couple hours and hated it in the beginning. I now like it more but the progression feels very slow - I think I'd like it if there was more to work toward/unlock. Or maybe that does happen, just later. Still, a fun game.

Pachimari

Great thread as always - thanks for all the hard work! So my husbavk just ordered me an Ipad Pro 9.7 inch. I told him i wanted the best Ipad for gaming - did he choose correctly? I'm stoked since I sold my mini retina a year ago. I REALLY miss playing a lot of games on the bigger screen (and the exclusives).
He chose perfectly. Also, that's a husband to keep forever.

Btw, Kairosoft's games are on sale. Pocket Arcade Story is on sale for the first time.

Mudo

He chose perfectly. Also, that's a husband to keep forever.

Btw, Kairosoft's games are on sale. Pocket Arcade Story is on sale for the first time.

Perfect thanks!! Hmm i don't think i have Pocket Arcade Story and i thought i owned all their games - will check out post-haste!

No Antioch this month, was delayed

At least we got Planescape. If you like games like Sorcery, 80 Days, Fallen London, Sunless Sea, and never played Planescape, this'll be a must play. I played it for the first time last year and it's easily the most fascinating and interesting RPG I've ever played. So happy it's coming to iPad, eager to dive in again.

Pachimari

At least we got Planescape. If you like games like Sorcery, 80 Days, Fallen London, Sunless Sea, and never played Planescape, this'll be a must play. I played it for the first time last year and it's easily the most fascinating and interesting RPG I've ever played. So happy it's coming to iPad, eager to dive in again.

Isn't it more like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights? I've never tried it so I don't know.

Isn't it more like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights? I've never tried it so I don't know.
Same engine as Baldur's Gate, but focused much much more on conversation and consequences. Much smalller focus on combat and you can skip a lot of the fights with the right words. If you like being able to role-play and craft your character through your decisions, Planescape is the game for you.

Plus the world is incredibly unique and a far cry from the more typical fantasy world of Baldur's Gate.

PittaGAF

For the ones interested.

@BeamdogInc: PST:EE can be played on any iPad from iPad2 on the current generation. :)

The final LoveYouToBits update is out. A little disappointed they only really added two levels. The update notes also say that they fixed game center achievements and added some new ones, but I still have some that aren't unlocking and I don't see any new ones.

Crossy Road has a new update out that makes it much easier to get characters you're missing, and they added a few characters but the Android version got a few new characters for the Lunar New Year, and the iOS version still hasn't gotten them.

colinp

Banned
Great thread as always - thanks for all the hard work! So my husbavd just ordered me an Ipad Pro 9.7 inch. I told him i wanted the best Ipad for gaming - did he choose correctly? I'm stoked since I sold my mini retina a year ago. I REALLY miss playing a lot of games on the bigger screen (and the exclusives).

I bought almost all the big releases in the last month and have no not dabbled in each (console games are destroying my time right now - insane quarter) but i'll post some impressions soon.

I have played Card Thief a couple hours and hated it in the beginning. I now like it more but the progression feels very slow - I think I'd like it if there was more to work toward/unlock. Or maybe that does happen, just later. Still, a fun game.

I immediately liked Card Thief BUT I agree progression is waaaaaaaay toooooooo ssssslllllloooooooowwwww. It's kinda a turn off. Also the UI is ridiculous. Not in actual matches but back at home base. Even unlocking chests feels... dull. And anticlimactic when you keep getting 'trash'. What kind of treasure chest has trash????

Looks cute.

The OT title is really appropriate this time. The community apparently is really too busy too post here.
Too many games and stuff. Not just on iOS either

Got Battle Brothers on PC, Rain World and Snake Pass on PS4, finally got into manga so reading that, catching up on Better Call Saul, countless podcasts

And plus this week has been pretty weak versus the machine-gun fire pace of last month

awp69

Too many games and stuff. Not just on iOS either

Got Battle Brothers on PC, Rain World and Snake Pass on PS4, finally got into manga so reading that, catching up on Better Call Saul, countless podcasts

And plus this week has been pretty weak versus the machine-gun fire pace of last month

Yeah, same here with too many games as well as still working through my father's belongings.

Loving Persona 5 along with the other amazing exclusives PS4 had had this year, Nier Automata in particular.

How is Snake Pass? Looks pretty cool. Had been interested in Rain World but it's gotten some brutal reviews.

Yeah, same here with too many games as well as still working through my father's belongings.

Loving Persona 5 along with the other amazing exclusives PS4 had had this year, Nier Automata in particular.

How is Snake Pass? Looks pretty cool. Had been interested in Rain World but it's gotten some brutal reviews.
Rain World is pretty niche, and divisive, and you kind of have to play it with certain mindset and approach. But it's an excellent game if it clicks with you, and rhe art, music, world, AI, and atmosphere have been praised even in the negative reviews

Snake Pass is fun and unique, but feels plodding and easy to get boring during long sessions

Mudo

I immediately liked Card Thief BUT I agree progression is waaaaaaaay toooooooo ssssslllllloooooooowwwww. It's kinda a turn off. Also the UI is ridiculous. Not in actual matches but back at home base. Even unlocking chests feels... dull. And anticlimactic when you keep getting 'trash'. What kind of treasure chest has trash????

yeah the constant trash was demoralizingto say the least. The patch has definitely made s different - now my 4 and 5 star chests have 1 or even 2 insignias in them which hD helped. Again I like it but overall i had/have more fun with Card Crawl which i consider an ios classic.

Pocket Arcade Story - Played 3-4 hours now and again this starts off VERY slow even for a Kairo game. Everything is SUPER expensive and you just don't make much money. Now money is fine and comes quickly - the game is the usual Kairo schtick so if you like their games i can recommend this one.

Mushroom 11 - Don't get the hype here. It's technically fine but 45 minutes later of pushing and squeezing green goo across the levels and through tiny psssages, i got bored. Haven't returned since.

Star Chindy - Why did i buy this?! Aggressively un-fun, incomprehensible and cluttered UI and confusing. i actually looked up how to refund a game for the first time ever but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

More to come as i find time for Ios in the midst of the console game avalanche so far this year.

awp69

Orphan Black: The Game dropped to $1.99 (from $4.99). Was on the fence but as a fan of the series and GO games, I'm going to grab it.

PittaGAF

Onirim by Asdmodee is out for the introductionary price of just 1 dollar.
It's a wonderful implementation of a wonderful solitaire.
At the moment it lacks expansions (I'm pretty sure that's why it's so cheap...price will go surely app with new expansions) but it's damn addicting.
I've read people comparing it to Solitairica and Card Thief, but maybe it's just for the level of addictiveness because it's a simpler game...I would compare it more to Card Crawl or Lost Cities for the level of immediacy it has.
It's really well done and addicting...if you like card games I recommend it.

Top Bottom