• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Yeah... I've been telling people to "Clear Data" since the other thread but someone here suggested clear cache so I thought that worked too. If cache doesn't work just do clear data. Much faster than uninstalling and saves you bandwith.
Clear data doesn't mean uninstall? I'm still new to Android.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
finish chapter 1 to get the 5 lightning mail reward, if you fail to get an SS or something you want, on android delete the app data and on ios......try to find a way to delete data or app if you can't. Above said to use one of those ifunbox or whatever methods to find the save folder.

Finish chapter one. Get the 5 energy for first login in your mail as well as the 5 energy using the Twitter code. Go to recruit and use the 10 energy to get 2 recruits. If you get good ones and you like them, you're all set. If you don't like them and want to try better you can clear cache if you're on android (delete data if that doesn't work) or uninstall then reinstall if you're on iOS.

thank you both ^_^/

Hastati

where is clear data at? in game options?

i rolled an SS but it's an SS husbando so that's pretty lame

I rolled an SS waifu, but it was a distinctly...bestial waifu. And not the cute kind with pointed ears and a human face. It was very slithery and had gill-like protrusions. Rerolled.

So is there a way to re-roll on iOS?

New to smartphones in general actually. (Yes, really.)

Edit: nvm, found it. Too complicated to bother.

Neo Dark

Settings -> Apps -> Terra Battle -> Clear Data

I had to ask in the other thread too, and I've been using Android for years :(

Heh. And I gave you the answer in the other thread too lol. But yeah, clear data might vary depending on android phones but usually it's Settings > Something possibly depending on Android version and phone (like mine I have to click the more tab > Applications (or Application Manager > Terra Battle > Clear Data

Though Femmeworth do you not have such an option? Or did you just simply overlook it since you said you cleared cache earlier and clear cache is actually under clear data.

Rerolled and got two A class units. :\ Maybe I should just stick with them.

Don't give up. At least get a S rank.

Love the music and the art. The actual game, while I knew what it was going in, still managed to disappoint. But I don't care for f2p game design so that affects my ability to enjoy this

batbeg

Heh. And I gave you the answer in the other thread too lol. But yeah, clear data might vary depending on android phones but usually it's Settings > Something possibly depending on Android version and phone (like mine I have to click the more tab > Applications (or Application Manager > Terra Battle > Clear Data

Though Femmeworth do you not have such an option? Or did you just simply overlook it since you said you cleared cache earlier and clear cache is actually under clear data.

I didn't even notice the Clear Cache option was below Clear Data. What the fuck is in the cache for this, because so far mine is 52.47MB :eek:

Neo Dark

I didn't even notice the Clear Cache option was below Clear Data. What the fuck is in the cache for this, because so far mine is 52.47MB :eek:

I seriously have no idea. Mine is at 78 MB. Terra Battle also has used 47.35 MB of data so far. Will never play this game on my mobile network. I only have 200 MB a month.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Is that really important?

EDIT : Got Bahl (B Rank) at the very start, Kuscah the Acolyte (B Rank) as first recruit in the prologue chapter and recruited and Kana (A Rank) with the 5 points at the end of the prologue. Am I fucked?

Neo Dark

Is that really important?

EDIT : Got Bahl (B Rank) at the very start, Kuscah the Acolyte (B Rank) as first recruit in the prologue chapter and recruited and Kana (A Rank) with the 5 points at the end of the prologue. Am I fucked?

When you start you will always get Bahl (or the other chick) and Kuscah. The recruit you got with the 5 energy is the one you're looking for (in this case Kana). Also use the code dhth66nWXVCbjdTC to get 5 more energy and recruit another. If you're satisfied with it, then just play the game. If you really want something better, delete the data and try again.

Mistouze

When you start you will always get Bahl (or the other chick) and Kuscah. The recruit you got with the 5 energy is the one you're looking for (in this case Kana). Also use the code dhth66nWXVCbjdTC to get 5 more energy and recruit another. If you're satisfied with it, then just play the game. If you really want something better, delete the data and try again.
Oh ok thanks for the explanation, I'll use the code later today and see how I feel about my drops.

Anyway, enjoyed the gameplay. Cool puzzle game with RPG elements I can see myself playing a bit everyday for some time.

I get why people are upset (Mistwalker DID say it would be a global release) but man, the amount of crying going on by people on the Facebook is outrageous. People are forgetting this game is FREE, and are claiming fraud and deception and dishonesty. Ummmm Mistwalker has already apologized for the problems and has said they're hoping to have it fixed soon. People are acting like Mistwalker ran over their pet dog or murdered a family member. Have some fucking patience people.

I'm not sure how it works either, but surely it's what you want.
Hopefully, I just restarted.

One thing I've noticed about this game is it appears to be optimized pretty well, for my tablet anyway. A lot of games make it noticeably warm (meaning moderate/high CPU usage) but not this.

Mistouze

Hopefully, I just restarted.

One thing I've noticed about this game is it appears to be optimized pretty well, for my tablet anyway. A lot of games make it noticeably warm (meaning moderate/high CPU usage) but not this.
Saw way less battery drain compared to other games, feels nice.

Rerolled twice, got two A units both times. :|

When you guys buy units do you buy them one at a time or together? I'm going off little data here but I wonder if that affects the odds.

Reknoc

Got 2 A's IDGAF not rerolling, would rather spend money than be bored to death my the tutorial again. Game is really good though when it actually starts. Just gotta tear myself away from the menu music lol

Neo Dark

Rerolled twice, got two A units both times. :|

When you guys buy units do you buy them one at a time or together?

I do both. But meh. Yeah probably should just play the game. I was hoping you would get lucky and get a s rank.

Oh well you'll get another try when you beat chapter 4. Tbh just enjoy the game and don't worry about it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Got this SS Healer and an A Fighter from my free rolls, good enough for me:
b56tvxy.png

Ken

only took 3 reinstalls but SS waifu get~

too bad both my free rolls ended up being mages

btw how do IAPs and uninstalls work for a game like this? is there an account system I can use to keep all my stuff and spendings if I accidentally uninstalled the game or something?

After a day of rerolling, and passing on ss olber and SS Gaiga, I finally got a lewto, the SS Fire mage.

Having the code for an additional roll made the last half of the day go by faster. Still so very disappointing to pull twice and get silver each time.

Staying no-IAP for this one. Sakaguchi said the game was beatable without SS rank characters and without purchase. Let's put it to the test

orioto

Good Art™
Great great game design, feels good. I didn't do the reinstall thing and i have pretty crappy characters (b grade).. But is this so bad to play the game I I mean don't you have other chances to have other charas after ?

Cause i'm at chapter 3 i don't want to restart lol.

That would be pretty bad anyway if the random pick at the beginning changes everything..

Slime

Banned
Well shit, this is actually pretty fun!

Re-rolled once and got SS, and managed to get S with the gift code. Not too shabby.

The music is incredible.

Celegus

I got two Bs and a C on my first set of dudes, but don't care enough to restart. Game seems kind of interesting, but will probably get repetitive before long.

forgrim

I have a rikken saved on my tablet but gonna play the reroll game til I get an ss mage. Rolled a yukken and am in a but no mage so far...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wow, this game is good.

pY2saPL.png

Huh? I thought my Nexus 4 had a few more years left in it.

Edit: Never mind. Doesn't even let you install the game if you're not in one of the launch countries. Ugh. No doubt they'll never add Estonia.

dramatis

First time I've played a game like this on my phone, and good heavens, are all these games so excited about themselves? I can't do anything without having a shower of sparkles on me.

How unfitting of azunyan
Get yourself a better SS waifu
Yours looks pretty much like Toma's down to the pose lol

On closer examination though, mine is practically a skeleton.

Toma

Impressions reposted from the Indie thread:

Mobile Recommendation (from me, shocking, I know):
Terra Battle:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909650
Terra Battle is a free-to-play mobile game by Mistwalker. It features game design by Hironobu Sakaguchi and music by Nobuo Uematsu, both of Final Fantasy fame, and artwork by Kimihiko Fujisaka, of The Last Story and Drakengard fame. Other well-known artists are scheduled to contribute content according to the Download Starter.

Its an SRPG Puzzle hybrid and just plain fun. Plenty of depth and challenge to the positioninging aspect which works as pretty interesting puzzles that are as hard as you want them to be (more on that later) and the general RPG grind/upgrade hook. The game is free to play, but it really seems like you dont need to spend money to get something out of it. Additionally, you get 5 free energy after the first chapter (5 missions) and 5 more if you enter the code "dhth66nWXVCbjdTC" in the game. Took me 2 rerolls (deleting game data via settings on android, NOT the install) to get a few decent chars from my free rolls and been playing since then.

This is what you'll be doing most of the time:
Photo-2014-09-09-23-21-54-300x532.jpg

Every turn you can choose one of your characters, which you need to position strategically on the board. If you corner an opponent with 2 of your units, they attack and make damage. However, there is two things to consider here (going back to the "as difficult as you want it to be"-thing, which actually make this very fun to play):
1. You get bonusses for lining up your characters during an attack, meaning you always need to keep in mind all of your characters for the best attack/support combos and successfully planning and pulling off a combo with all of your characters feels VERY rewarding.
2. You can only move one character every turn, BUT you can affect your other characters during your move, effectively pushing away your allies to get them in a good position. This leads to a lot of possibly strategies and positioning changes before you start the attack and is a very rewarding puzzle to figure out.

Lovely game, recommended.

Is there any english list of the goals for his download starter thing? And is there a counter for the current number of downloads somewhere?

Reknoc

Impressions reposted from the Indie thread:

Is there any english list of the goals for his download starter thing? And is there a counter for the current number of downloads somewhere?

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/downloadstarter/

the main page has a counter as well but it hasn't updated yet or is still at less than 1k

edit: just realised you can click on each goal for more information, the 300k image is misleading i want Hawk in the game :(((((

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Played a bit of it this morning, music was nice, graphics are rudimentary, didn't like the battle system at all. It's ok for what it is but probably never going to touch the game again.

Einbroch

Banned
Nineteen rerolls and I've only gotten an A and a B as my highest combination.

The game's telling me something. I'm out.

Top Bottom