• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Witch Academia TV |OT| Season 2 up on Netflix Aug 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode was so well done it felt like it was longer than it actually was.

Really did take a while. Also the new intro and credits suuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I miss the old ones already.

There's some great setup here, but I'm worried that I'm just gonna be frustrated with Ursula shrinking beneath Croix and Croix herself obviously being shady and nobody seeing it. But that's the nature of being sucked into a narrative I guess.

And you're goddamn right I want Constanze interacting with Croix. Though it'd be kinda hilarious if she remains unimpressed.

Andrew J.

Episode 14

I think this is the first time we've seen Diana outright fail at something. The past 13 episodes of "sasuga Diana" have primed us to expect her argument to convince the fairies easily, and so it was very satisfying for Akko to rally them against her.

Gravidee

I liked this part in the episode:

1491840565295.jpg

Roubjon

This is definitely my favorite anime in the longest time. It's so charming and gives off great vibes. Episode 15 ruled.

Niks

Why inst this thread more active? :/

Ep. 15 was so good.
I wonder where Diana is going to fit in all of this.

Szadek

Yeah, not a great episode, I guess they didn't try as hard after sexy badass Ursula last week.
At least she got another word. Hopefully the plot comes back soon.

Honestly don't even know how I feel about episode 17. The duel was cool, animation dipped a bit here and there but it was nice to see Akko and Amanda paired up. The rat Akko was cute I guess, but when she saw Croix's cubes and went "well whatever" I was just like "okay, Trigger has no idea how to tell a story."

Meh. Still glad this show is a thing as it's still more charming than 99% of anime, but it's bringing the overall quality of LWA down.

Maximo

Amanda is always a treat on scene with her personality and acrobatics the duel was awesome. story was weak and the extreme turn of *Lets torture kill these witches and then break The Holy Grail* seems...extreme as fuck. Witches seems to be the norm of the world or at least mostly accept why such a extreme reaction to the point of bringing back the Dark Ages of treatment.

mugwhump

That was great, lucky Constanze got the best episode since 13. Some real quality animation in the latter half as well.

Oh man this episode was fantastic! Visual gags at the start were great, Akko using her ridiculousness for good, getting to see more of a side character... Loved the pause after the transformation as well.

Gotta say I don't know why Ursula is just letting Croix do whatever she wants. Surely she should slap her upside the head.

TimmiT

Trigger can't make a single anime without putting at least one gigantic Gainax reference in there, can they? Not that I'm complaining, that was great.

Roubjon

I'd say that was the worst episode of the entire run. Nothing happened and the animation quality dropped hard.

I did think the 5 second hitch hiking gag was funny though!

Little Witch Academia TV 19

Goddamn could they have made Diana's Aunt being evil any more obvious? She shows up and a snake crawls up her dress and when she leaves she turns into a shade with red eyes? Couldn't have thrown in a shot of the Last Supper before her betrayal to really sell it? Or have her talk about how Judas was actually the good guy?

Gravidee

I'd say that was the worst episode of the entire run. Nothing happenedand the animation quality dropped hard.

I did think the 5 second hitch hiking gag was funny though!

I'm not sure how this would classify as an episode where nothing happened when we have episodes like the one with the finance dragon or the skeleton running around town. With this ep we find out more about Diana as well as some other things that could potentially play a role in the plot.

Goddamn could they have made Diana's Aunt being evil any more obvious? She shows up and a snake crawls up her dress and when she leaves she turns into a shade with red eyes? Couldn't have thrown in a shot of the Last Supper before her betrayal to really sell it? Or have her talk about how Judas was actually the good guy?

I don't think there was any reason to hold back on her being greedy and evil. She's the evil aunt archetype in a show full of character archetypes and blatantly obvious good/bad intentions.

Andrew J.

Episode 19

Almost too much excitement for my poor Dianakko shipping heart!

I really enjoy fish out of water stories, and it was a delight seeing Akko bulldoze her way through high society formalities with her usual array of funny faces and goofy noises.

The hitchhiking was a pure platinum comedic bit, too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Little Witch Academia TV 19

Deep foreshadowing:

95eOW3t.jpg

McArkus

Hi everyone, I have being watching this anime for a while, it just feels good, and this last episode warms my heart.

Wasn't it Full Moon the last episode? Were Diana and Akko out of school for so long?

5 more episodes till the end and I'm increasingly worried the show will rush itself to its conclusion. Pacing has always been an issue with the series but now with 2 more Words unattained and Croix's importance to the plot yet unexplained, I'm doubtful the series can reach a satisfying conclusion.

This show needed more episodes, this episode felt like it should've happened 5 weeks ago to allow for more development for Croix's and Chariot's relationship.

Aki-at

Little Witch Academia - 20

Decided to pick this show up again and blasted my way through, enjoyed some of the episodes when they focused on zany adventures but this is one of those that tried to focus on characters and didn't quite work because I don't even know what's going to happen to Diana's household, everything is just left unresolved. And watching these last couple of episodes almost makes me think the series might have been stronger if Diana and Akko had some sort of relationship in the past.

Animation was enjoyable though, really the series strongest asset. Oh yeah new ending is fantastic too, really loving it.

Well this episode was interesting.

Guess Hanna and Barbara are gonna treat Akko nicer now? Or will Trigger succumb to japan's infamous amnesiac character development trope?

Late, but this week's episode had some real drama, well, by this show's standard, which I enjoyed. I can't stand how Lotte and Sucy keep turning up for like 2 seconds then disappear though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom