• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn: Washington's Spies - Season 3 - Mondays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The finale is tonight!

Trial and Execution

In the third-season finale, there is an inevitable march to the gallows for the captured spies on both sides. Meanwhile, Benedict Arnold demands glory revenge.

Hey, score one for Judge Woodhull.

Well, I guess we know who the big villain for next season is now. I mean, aside from Simcoe, who I assume will still find SOME way to stick around and be cartoonishly evil.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty solid way to end the season. Andre's death was handled well and the trial scene was pretty fun with Mary throwing Richard under the bus in an effort to save Abe.

I'm not sure where the show goes from there, but let's hope AMC gives them one more season to close things out with.

Also, lol @ Simcoe throwing water at Abe's head while he was in the stocks and then shouting "Morning!". We need a gif of that.

Hey, score one for Judge Woodhull.

He actually did something heroic for once!

Well, I guess we know who the big villain for next season is now. I mean, aside from Simcoe, who I assume will still find SOME way to stick around and be cartoonishly evil.

Would you have it any other way?

Bandit1

I really enjoyed the last episode. I thought the parallel trials/hangings worked well with each other and I was glad that Abe's dad stepped up to save him.

I'm not sure where the show goes from there, but let's hope AMC gives them one more season to close things out with.

Also, lol @ Simcoe throwing water at Abe's head while he was in the stocks and then shouting "Morning!". We need a gif of that.

I hope we get another season but I'm not counting on it.. :(

And I second the motion for the Simcoe gif. That was awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I hope we get another season but I'm not counting on it.. :(

Cable renewals can be hard to predict for shows like Turn. Like, I thought it was going to be cancelled after season 1, and again after season 2, but each time AMC found a way to make it work despite low ratings, nonexistent critical acclaim, and a small/not vocal fanbase. So maybe they'll do it again? Or maybe the tide has finally turned?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Turn has been renewed for a fourth and final season! 10 episodes like all the previous seasons.

“I am so pleased to be able to bring the story of the Culper Ring to its epic conclusion, at the point where the revolutionary war ends and the great American experiment truly begins,” says showrunner Craig Silverstein. “This series has been a joy to work on thanks to Barry Josephson, Alexander Rose, our sexy writing staff, brilliant crew, and dream team cast. I am also thrilled to continue to work with AMC, who had the passion and courage to put Turn: Washington’s Spies on the air and support our effort. I eagerly look forward to our future adventures together.”

Jethro

Wished they would do an alternative ending and the Torys win ;). Good season in overall good series. Andre's death is letdown because he is a great character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom