• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transcript of AP interview with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I feel like it's a bit of an elephant in the room to talk about in political circles or on the media but... Everyone knows Trump is really dumb right? I think I just feel... Resigned exasperation coming from the interviewer.

We need to just give up, and start attaching translated versions of his communication so we at least have a clearer idea of what he's trying to say.

jstripes

Banned
He can't even read off a fucking teleprompter without going off-script and saying stupid shit.

He'll start reading the script and then it's as if an idea or correlation suddenly pops into his head, and he thinks, "OH YEA! I'll MENTION THAT in SOME HALF-ASSED WAY, WITH NO SEGUE AND NO CONTEXT, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY AWFUL SPEECH!!! THOSE YAHOOS WILL LOVE IT BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE A GUY WORKING ON A CONSTRUCTION SITE WITH A LUNCH PAIL AND A HARD HAT - THOSE GUYS LOVE ME!! THEY LOVE MY TOUGH-GUY TALK! OH, YEA - THROW HER IN JAIL!!!"

It's so nauseating.

But he tells it like it is!

Skilletor

I feel like it's a bit of an elephant in the room to talk about in political circles or on the media but... Everyone knows Trump is really dumb right? I think I just feel... Resigned exasperation coming from the interviewer.

We need to just give up, and start attaching translated versions of his communication so we at least have a clearer idea of what he's trying to say.

Don't allow him to take credit for people translating what he's trying to say. He doesn't know what he's trying to say.

Show the world how stupid he is.

Trump talk:

giphy.gif

LMAO

Accurate as hell. 😂 😂 😂 😂

The transcript is bonkers. Such a disgrace to have to talk to this man about anything of substance.

And can intelligent interviewers stop "leading the witness?" I feel like these guys are throwing Trump an oar sometimes by giving him words and responses in the form of follow-ups or when simplifying their questions for his brain solely in order to get SOMETHING, ANYTHING to print or quote. They touch on a trigger and then he rattles on his word salad for a while. Example:

It's super important to be able to get something vaguely coherent from him so we can attempt to extrapolate what he might actually do rather than just accept whatever he's decided to make up or lie about or not properly engage with today.

Azuran

Banned
How in the hell does it take someone four hours to complete a tweet? He even managed to tweet something completely unrelated between them. I'm officially joining the Dementia bandwagon.

SmgSAGq.png

People voted for this man.

RDreamer

I don't know what's worse imagining, the people that can see or read this and think it's perfectly fine or the people that see/read this and think he's fucking nuts but still feel good about voting for him over Hillary. My parents think he's a fucking moron but voted him over Hillary, because she's way worse apparently.

So, uh, we're pretty screwed huh?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/senate-investigation-russia-scandal-faces-gop-resistance

Senate investigation is being obstructed by Burr (so much for bipartisanship), th house investigation we already know the issues there, the FBI investigation is a mystery, and US officials now reporting the Russians "tried" to collude, when just a couple weeks ago CNN had a story I made a thread about saying they had evidence there was collusion, and now the DOJ lawyer is mysteriously resigning.

Not looking good. I have a feeling in order to save their skins some repubs are using the, "the best interests of the american people" line to sweep it all under the rug.

tcrunch

People act like this is new or "worse" than him in the past, but I watched several of his stump speeches and they were exactly like this.

And voters LOVED this shit.

Look up one of his speeches where he reads out the snake and woman story re: his immigration policies.

shiba5

How in the hell does it take someone four hours to complete a tweet? He even managed to tweet something completely unrelated between them. I'm officially joining the Dementia bandwagon.

SmgSAGq.png

How is the wall going to stop the Opiate epidemic?

facelike

SmgSAGq.png

Looks like someone programed their tweeting app poorly or forgot that the tweets go out every 2 hours.

Is he writing these or one of his underlings?

zou

TRUMP: Yeah, it's funny: One of the best chemistries I had was with (German Chancellor Angela) Merkel.

(Crosstalk) AP: Really?

TRUMP: Chancellor Merkel.

This is hilarious. He really thinks the "really" is because the AP guy doesn't know who he's referring to.

RPGCrazied

So, uh, we're pretty screwed huh?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/senate-investigation-russia-scandal-faces-gop-resistance

Senate investigation is being obstructed by Burr (so much for bipartisanship), th house investigation we already know the issues there, the FBI investigation is a mystery, and US officials now reporting the Russians "tried" to collude, when just a couple weeks ago CNN had a story I made a thread about saying they had evidence there was collusion, and now the DOJ lawyer is mysteriously resigning.

Not looking good. I have a feeling in order to save their skins some repubs are using the, "the best interests of the american people" line to sweep it all under the rug.

Just vote these people out of office next year. If they won't do anything about Trump then the American people will have to replace these congressmen. I mean, jesus, were they not paying attention to those town halls? People are mad.

Has anyone found some good conservative articles about the AP interview?

I'm interested in what someone looking for good shit from Trump got out of this interview. It's (unintelligible), and I've learned nothing for having read it entirely, same as the partial NYT transcript weeks ago.

Mahonay

Banned
Has anyone found some good conservative articles about the AP interview?

I'm interested in what someone looking for good shit from Trump got out of this interview. It's (unintelligible), and I've learned nothing for having read it entirely, same as the partial NYT transcript weeks ago.
Lol, it would be interesting to see what positive narrative a right wing news source would try to get out of this total nonsense.

Trump is clearly the smartest man alive. The only reason he can't get out a complete sentence is because he simultaneously is coming up with so many great ideas that regular humans can't decipher his dense method of communication. He is truly a magnificent example of existence's potential.

Looks like someone programed their tweeting app poorly or forgot that the tweets go out every 2 hours.

Is he writing these or one of his underlings?

With certain Twitter clients you are able to see which twitter client made a specific tweet.

Trump always tweets from an Android device. All the ones with hashtags, links and images come from an iPhone. His assistant.

He doesn't know how to use Twitter beyond "Type in words and send it off"

Ogodei

Just vote these people out of office next year. If they won't do anything about Trump then the American people will have to replace these congressmen. I mean, jesus, were they not paying attention to those town halls? People are mad.

A Democratic House would run impeachment articles and the GOP knows it. Right now they're too worried about their own hides in 2018 given the recent special election swings.

This is hilarious. He really thinks the "really" is because the AP guy doesn't know who he's referring to.

I mean, it makes sense on a certain level that Trump simply doesn't understand that there are people who don't believe him when he says something, because there very clearly are not enough people who don't believe him when he says something.

He became President on the back of some of the most outlandish lies imaginable. He's basically a four year old who got a bucket of ice cream for telling his parents that the dog was the one who flushed their wallet down the toilet.

Jinroh

I don't think it's worthy of a thread but first thing I saw on yahoo news this morning:

Trump: I said NATO was obsolete 'not knowing much about NATO'

It's like that with nearly every subject, and he justifies his flip flopping with his previous "ignorance", even though his whole campaign was based on these things.

Watch him regret deregulation and the removal of environment safety measures in a few years because he wasn't aware of their importance.

I'm surprised this AP interview didn't get bigger traction in the media yesterday.

Are reporters and commentators just too afraid to state the obvious?

Two things are definitely clear from this interview. Trump still has only a surface level of knowledge on major issues and Trump has "good" days and "bad" days.

On bad days he clearly exhibits symptoms of early dementia where he can't stay focused on a topic and can't retain information longer than 5 minutes. He gets easily rattled and will lash out, and then revert to his safe place (ie. like discussing his electoral college win).

Illegal aliens with a week's worth of exposure to the English language communicate and articulate better than this great leader of deplorables.

Nah, forget it, the foreigners don't deserve any sort of comparison to Trumpy scum.

I'll go off on a Trump tangent here and just ask why do these Trump people seem like and give off the vibe of Death Eaters?

Jombie

I'm surprised this AP interview didn't get bigger traction in the media yesterday.

Are reporters and commentators just too afraid to state the obvious?

Two things are definitely clear from this interview. Trump still has only a surface level of knowledge on major issues and Trump has "good" days and "bad" days.

On bad days he clearly exhibits symptoms of early dementia where he can't stay focused on a topic and can't retain information longer than 5 minutes. He gets easily rattled and will lash out, and then revert to his safe place (ie. like discussing his electoral college win).

The general public has already become desensitized to his behavior.

m3k

pretty sure this guy is a coke head from way back and his speech characteristics are affected by that

also he is about as uneducated as politicians get

Saya

Saw this headline from Salon that reminded me of your post:

A display of unbelievable ignorance: In a real country with a real president, Trump’s AP interview would destroy him

At the center of it all is a chief executive who knows nothing. When he desperately avoids details by rotating through his mental rotisserie of superlatives — “very, very” or “tremendous” or “terrific” or whatever hyperbolic pitchman gibberish he’s trained himself to repeat — he comes off as an uninformed dolt, conspicuously avoiding the question with more vigor than he avoids strong gusts of wind. Conversely, when Trump struggles to repeat issue-oriented details, he comes off as a scattered, barely coherent toddler attempting to repeat something he heard at the grownups’ table and failing badly.

Nevertheless, 98 percent of Trump voters are supposedly cool with all of this. It’s difficult to make sense of this other than it being like the fandom surrounding sports franchises. No amount of losing will force superfans away from their favorite team, regardless of how awful they are. Hell, Philadelphia sports fans were mostly OK with it when the Eagles hired Michael Vick after he was caught torturing and murdering dogs for money. In the case of Donald Trump, however, the consequences are far more damaging — more damaging that Trump voters will ever admit. But someday soon, they’ll owe the rest of us an apology.

pretty sure this guy is a coke head from way back and his speech characteristics are affected by that

also he is about as uneducated as politicians get

He still does coke. He was doing some lines before the debates, that's why he sniffed so much.

Ac30

The general public has already become desensitized to his behavior.

Your media is also total shit. Watching CNN and MSNBC clips of talking heads on LWT slathering praise on Ivanka and Kushner made me gag.

I cancelled my subscription to Time magazine after the editor wrote about an interview with Trump and commented something along the lines of: "at times he appears to not know the answer, but it may be because he is too deep in thought to answer"

No, it's because he's dumb as rocks, fucking call your President out. Jesus Christ. Your media is enabling this idiocy, because they're making this the new normal. Obama would have been hung, drawn and quartered for that 9/11 comment.

I'm honestly bewildered as to how a one on one interview feature so many (unintelligible) moments. I thought those only happened when you're showing a tape of someone being filmed in secret and the audio doesn't come across perfectly or something. But this is te president sitting across an AP reporter! What the fuck!?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Not to make this too much about race, but I can't help but to wonder how it is we came to a point where our last two white Presidents are understandablely considered (how can I put this) not too smart. Whereas, our only black president was considered one of the smarter and better thinkers in recent history.

Is this due to media bias? Is it due to voters in certain parties caring more about intelligence? Or am I just crazy? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom