• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

That's a really good OT :)

It's just making the wait until Friday even harder though.

Why this isn't a simultaneous world wide release is baffling though, it's Gears ffs!

Besaide

Assuming my MCC code gets sent today it'll be my first time playing the Gears of War and Halo series. Should tide me over until MGS I think :D.

Obscura

I bought a 360 for GoW and yesterday bought an Xbox One for this.

Being able to play original Gears MP on dedicated servers with a renewed player base (and hopefully no crabwalking shitheads) is a dream come true.

Eos

nice op steverulez
i've been counting down the days for this, can't wait to play. just a couple of more hours...

Oh man I can't wait for this. I'm buying on the US store so I can get it tomorrow and not the 28th.

One of the games I'm genuinely hyped for apart from Halo 5 this year.

Sadly, being a Brit, I won't get this until later in the week but feel free to add me. GT: GNETUK.

I'll be playing most nights up until Gears of War 4.

Reclaimer

Its unlocking in regions like New Zealand/Hong Kong as they hit midnight but US is still regular unlock times I think

Changing your console's region/time zone to New Zealand does NOT unlock the game early, as far as I can tell. (I'm in the U.S.)

Hyped to play!

RoKKeR

Damn, great OT. Sort of on the fence but I might pick it up just to "have" it.

Nice to have Gears back on Xbox... been a while.

k1t4j

I can't wait to get my hands on this again, I bought an X1 for this game last week.

First time I played it I think I didn't touch any other game for months. Looking forward to playing with some gaffers and killing RAAM on insane.

Genio88

I live in italy but i always keep my console seg to USA and i've bought the game from the US store, what time will it unlock?

A regional retailer broke street date on this game. Single player is great so far, but I can't seem to find any multiplayer matches on XBL even after switching server regions. Really wanna play some warzone and execution...

Changing your console's region/time zone to New Zealand does NOT unlock the game early, as far as I can tell. (I'm in the U.S.)

Hyped to play!

I didn't say it did, someone (who I think is based in America?) thought it might be unlocking now in the US, I was saying that its unlocked for those who bought it from the NZ/HK etc stores, which have intact unlocked as its now the 25th in those countries

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice OT. I was going to get the game later, but I think this OT and VE3TRO's screenshots made me want to get it tomorrow. It looks so goddamn nice.
Pjkwbx.png

F3MM2w.png

PqlJiO.png

dealer-

Nice OT. I was going to get the game later, but I think this OT and VE3TRO's screenshots made me want to get it tomorrow. It looks so goddamn nice.
Pjkwbx.png

F3MM2w.png

PqlJiO.png

Looks great even though many people will probably prefer the darker, grittier look of the original.

Anyone order this from MS Store? I got my UPS tracking number on Saturday, then an email yesterday telling me my order would arrive today from UPS. The tracking number isn't updating and it never showed up. Both UPS and MS Store support are blaming the other party. UPS says they never got the package, MS Store insists it was shipped.

Ugh.

Top Bottom