• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

ZeroCoin

Has anyone had issues with the auto upload of save files on PS4? It has not worked for me in months and I can't seem to find a fix for it. Manual uploads work fine and no other issues with my system either.

xrnzaaas

This game has a lot of abstract puzzles and item combinations so don't worry. It's not shameful to use a guide from time to time since the best things about this game are the characters, the story and the dark humour.

This game has a lot of abstract puzzles and item combinations so don't worry. It's not shameful to use a guide from time to time since the best things about this game are the characters, the story and the dark humour.

Yeah I really like it so far. And it's dropping trophies left and right, I dig that.

The lack of pricing and pre-order options for The Witness gives me some (false) hope that it might launch on PS Plus next month, but I should know better by now :(

If that were to actually happen then I would definitely renew my plus which will expire at the end of the month. Otherwise, plus can wait until whenever I decide to buy SFV.

I'm already stuck at Grim Fandango. Guess I need to check a guide. Damn I feel stupid :(

I wish they had added a hint system like the Monkey Island Special Editions did. This game needed it.

PrawnyNZ

Finished Nihilumbra today, and really enjoyed it. A nice, short game that might feel too short if I paid for it, but is perfect for PS+.

Joni

Finished Nihilumbra today, and really enjoyed it. A nice, short game that might feel too short if I paid for it, but is perfect for PS+.

Good to hear, it is one of the reasons why I have Plus. Nice games that I wouldn't really buy otherwise, so good to hear Nihilumbra falls in the category. Were the Trophies hard or did you not focus on those?

PrawnyNZ

Good to hear, it is one of the reasons why I have Plus. Nice games that I wouldn't really buy otherwise, so good to hear Nihilumbra falls in the category. Were the Trophies hard or did you not focus on those?

I wasn't focusing on them, but got about half of them without trying. The remaining ones probably wouldn't be hard to get I don't think. No Plat, just one Gold.

Oh boy, Hardware Rivals might be the worst game I've played on PS4. Thanks, Sony.

I played three rounds last night and thought it was quite fun. It almost feels like a return to the days of simpler online-shooters like Quake but with cars. I will play more.

I don't know how long it will last with such a limited amount of maps and cars though.

BFG2MMu.png

1Zekx83.png

I thought it wasn't available in all SCEE regions?

Anyway, link

EDIT

jbnzm8N.png

illusionary

Good at least to see this resolved, and having it effectively as an extra game is no bad thing, even if neither title is especially compelling for me.

Lexxism

Hello guys. I need an answers to my questions before my PS+ sub runs out by 20th of this month.

1. I'm trying to save all of my PSV save files to the cloud. If my sub runs out, will the save file be deleted? Will I able to get those saves again if I re-sub?
2. I'm trying to manually upload my P4G & Ys: Memories of Celceta save file but I can't seem to find on how to do it. Can someone guide how to?

Hello guys. I need an answers to my questions before my PS+ sub runs out by 20th of this month.

1. I'm trying to save all of my PSV save files to the cloud. If my sub runs out, will the save file be deleted? Will I able to get those saves again if I re-sub?
2. I'm trying to manually upload my P4G & Ys: Memories of Celceta save file but I can't seem to find on how to do it. Can someone guide how to?
1. Yes they'll be there when you resub
2 Click the game's bubble and select the PS+ icon on the top right of the live area screen.

I've heard somewhere that your saves are only guaranteed to stay in the cloud for six months after you unsubscribe. Might be worth signing up for a month sometime if you want to keep them longer.

Or, you can back up the games to your PC and restore them anytime in the future.

Why..Is Grim Fandango so glitchy? I'm at a game breaking glitch at the end of Year 1. Do I REALLY have to start this over..Just, no? Why? Patch this.

xrnzaaas

Why..Is Grim Fandango so glitchy? I'm at a game breaking glitch at the end of Year 1. Do I REALLY have to start this over..Just, no? Why? Patch this.

Double Fine already stated that they won't patch Grim Fandango. If I remember right there's also a huge bug when playing year 3 so the only solution is to save often.

xrnzaaas

Did they state why?

Nope. My guess is they're busy with other remasters and fixing the old bugs would require too much work. The game can be finished, but if you get a gamebreaking bug and if you didn't do multiple saves then you're screwed and there's no point in waiting for a new patch.

SomTervo

I think I encountered one killer glitch in my whole playthrough.

But they're definitely there :/

It's a fucking old game, remember. It basically just has a minor graphical tweak and code adapted for modern systems. The actual nitty-gritty code design is all the same, bugs and all.

One you know what you're doing, it really doesn't take long to run through the game, FYI. Like you could probably speedrun the whole thing in 45 minutes.

Doomsayer

I already ran into a game breaking glitch in the Petrified Forest as well.

It was pretty shitty, but I think I saved not too far away. Grim Fandango is really awesome though, the story is great!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Grim Fandango is a game that has great heart and the characters and world are very charming. But the actual gameplay isn't great. It has some good puzzles but it also has a lot of bullshit frustrating design that virtually requires a guide. It's also a pretty lazy remaster considering the game looks best in 4:3. Not the best adventure game I've played recently, and not the best PS Plus adventure game recently either. But the story, characters and overall charm save it.

Yeah, I found many of the puzzles in Grim Fandango to be so abstract or wonky that they are almost impossible without a guide. Still worth a play-through for the characters and dialogue.

Does anyone have problems with saves not being uploaded automatically on the PS3 anymore?

I didn't use the PS3 that much last year but I bought Yakuza 5 when it was released. I did get that screen that tells me what the console did during the night when I turned it on but that stopped after a while.

A couple of days ago I checked and the last uploaded save available online was from December 22nd. I have to manually update trophies as well to be able to see them on my PS4.

Everything works fine when I do it manually but everything that happened automatically has stopped. I tried turning the feature off and on and changing time but it didn't make any difference.

seabass0

I'm going to post some early predictions for February/March.

Right now, we know of some launch dates for Feb 2nd and March 2nd (first tuesday of the month aka Free Game day)

Feb 2nd
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer (PS4/Vita) EDIT: NOPE
  • Not a Hero (PS4) - Developed by Roll7, who launched OlliOlli 2 for free on PS+
March 2nd
  • Alienation (PS4) - Developed by Housemarque, who launched Resogun for free on PS+
Seems possible at least one of these games will be free on launch with PS+

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Right now, we know of some launch dates for Feb 2nd and March 2nd (first tuesday of the month aka Free Game day)

Feb 2nd
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer (PS4/Vita)
  • Not a Hero (PS4) - Developed by Roll7, who launched OlliOlli 2 for free on PS+
March 2nd
  • Alienation (PS4) - Developed by Housemarque, who launched Resogun for free on PS+
I won't download Not a Hero out of protest due to the Vita version being cancelled.

Ok not really, but man it's disappointing.

RK128

Feb 2nd
March 2nd

I could see both Crypt of the Necrodancer and Not a Hero become Plus games. Crypt could be the big Vita game while Hero could be the big PS4 game.

Your march prediction is spot on too, as Alienation and Psychonuts (not announced for a Spring 2016 release) could fit that slot.

seabass0

I could see both Crypt of the Necrodancer and Not a Hero become Plus games. Crypt could be the big Vita game while Hero could be the big PS4 game.

Your march prediction is spot on too, as Alienation and Psychonuts (not announced for a Spring 2016 release) could fit that slot.

Hm, yeah...Psychonauts is a strong possibility since Double Fine seems to love offering their games to the PS+ catalog.

RK128

Hm, yeah...Psychonauts is a strong possibility since Double Fine seems to love offering their games to the PS+ catalog.

Regardless of if its free or not I'm getting the PS4 version day one (don't even own a PS4 XD!) but yah, I could see it happening due to Broken Age, The Cave and Grim Fandango becoming Plus games over time.

Karu

I highly doubt Aliennation will be given away. Resogun was there to lure in the early adopters with a great game from one of their "own" studios (As the Ps4 obviously hadn't a backlog yet).

RK128

I highly doubt Aliennation will be given away. Resogun was there to lure in the early adopters with a great game from one of their "own" studios (As the Ps4 obviously hadn't a backlog yet).

That is also a good point; Sony would want that game to sell on its own merits with the PS+ logo attached to it. I could see it launching with a Plus discount but you are right, not likely a Plus release.

I could see Psychonuts Remastered/PS2 Classic/Port/Ect being the PS4 Plus game of the month (assuming it releases the first of March) due to past Double Fine games landing on Plus.

Joni

That is also a good point; Sony would want that game to sell on its own merits with the PS+ logo attached to it. I could see it launching with a Plus discount but you are right, not likely a Plus release.

I could see Psychonuts Remastered/PS2 Classic/Port/Ect being the PS4 Plus game of the month (assuming it releases the first of March) due to past Double Fine games landing on Plus.

Guessing it falls in the PS2 Classic category so it won't be too expensive for Sony to 'buy' either.

xrnzaaas

Feb 2nd
March 2nd

Damn, OlliOlli 2 is still on my list of the games waiting to be played. I've tried it for less than an hour and it seemed cool.

Ludens

Banned

Feb 2nd
March 2nd

If so, another uninteresting month for me. I have both Crypt of Necrodancer and Not a Hero on PC.

mclem

Grim Fandango is a game that has great heart and the characters and world are very charming. But the actual gameplay isn't great. It has some good puzzles but it also has a lot of bullshit frustrating design that virtually requires a guide.

Yeah, I found many of the puzzles in Grim Fandango to be so abstract or wonky that they are almost impossible without a guide. Still worth a play-through for the characters and dialogue.

I don't think I agree: it was one of the first adventures I completed without any assistance whatsoever, so it did something right! Perhaps my mindset was just attuned to what they were going for.

Fair's fair, though: I haven't yet revisited it. These could be nostalgia goggles talking.

Top Bottom