• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Managed to sneak into 2nd place three days in a row, surprisingly, despite there being about 5 teams that I can't beat now. Luckily a droid team guy around my power beat the tougher opponent, and then I beat him. :p

Should be picking up both Luminara and Sidious today, so I'm hoping to compete better now that I'll have some 4*s.
My point again. You mean to tell me you don't even have 4 Star characters and are coming in 2nd? Yet I'm full of 6 stars and 5 stars suck in the top 1000 and every opponent I have the iron to face off against is some gear 7+ 6 star leader.

Wonder how feasible it would be to clump everyone together and broaden the brackets. It's not that bad, I just feel a little gimped out when it comes to arena rewards. Nothing horrible.

I have been playing this on and off for a few weeks, but it really is one of those evil F2P games where the game is boring as hell if you are actually trying to play it for free. Over my time playing, I haven't gotten anything except a 1 star Ewok and a 1 Star flying bug.
Luckily, getting Phasma and some other characters for free was enough to grab me....for now.

It follows a similar formula to Future Fight in that you grind levels for shards to get characters, but the threshold is too high and the way they limit your grind is much more heavy-handed on this one.

In Future Fight you can continually grind a level but are only allowed to get 3 of their 'biometrics' per day (or whatever the time period is) however in this one you are limited to how many times you can even try the mission regardless of whether you get shards or not.

Kettch

My point again. You mean to tell me you don't even have 4 Star characters and are coming in 2nd? Yet I'm full of 6 stars and 5 stars suck in the top 1000 and every opponent I have the iron to face off against is some gear 7+ 6 star leader.

Wonder how feasible it would be to clump everyone together and broaden the brackets. It's not that bad, I just feel a little gimped out when it comes to arena rewards. Nothing horrible.

Yeah, when I started a week ago the game apparently put me in a new server. I checked the ranks early on and there were some level 5 players in the top 10 (I started off around 4000), so I must have gotten in within a day or so of it opening.

I'd probably be enjoying things a lot less without the free 400-450 purple things a day, but I think I can compete pretty well near-FtP like this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have been playing this on and off for a few weeks, but it really is one of those evil F2P games where the game is boring as hell if you are actually trying to play it for free. Over my time playing, I haven't gotten anything except a 1 star Ewok and a 1 Star flying bug.
Luckily, getting Phasma and some other characters for free was enough to grab me....for now.

It follows a similar formula to Future Fight in that you grind levels for shards to get characters, but the threshold is too high and the way they limit your grind is much more heavy-handed on this one.

In Future Fight you can continually grind a level but are only allowed to get 3 of their 'biometrics' per day (or whatever the time period is) however in this one you are limited to how many times you can even try the mission regardless of whether you get shards or not.

There are many games that handle character recruitment better. By many, I mean every other game released.

Moff

I thought that, too, especially in the beginning, it's too hard to even get 5 characters for each team. I'm sure this is off putting for many and could easily have been handled by handing out some non leader 1 star characters, no harm done.

after you really get into the game and unlock Squad Arena, Squad Cantina Battles and Galactic War, it actually gets easier to unlock characters. it's still not fast, but reasonably fast for a f2p game and there is no RNG involved, which is always good.
but I think we should be able to unlock more characters there.

commish

It should be really easy to unlock characters, but take a while to get them to max power, like in Future Fight. It's better to give people the feeling like they are progressing and unlocking shit. When I see that I have 7 shards out of 80, and I get maybe 2 shards a day farming a hard node, it's depressing. Yeah, Cantina/GW/Arena is better, so that helps. But that's only a limited selection of characters.

Holy Schnikes!!!

Asajj Ventress just became SUPER awesome with the latest patch. She now heals the whole team AND removes that little tank ability icon. In one move, she negates Chewbacca/Poe and heals everyone. She's now the centerpiece of my team.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Holy Schnikes!!!

Asajj Ventress just became SUPER awesome with the latest patch. She now heals the whole team AND removes that little tank ability icon. In one move, she negates Chewbacca/Poe and heals everyone. She's now the centerpiece of my team.

Is there somewhere to actually read patch notes/changes?

Is there somewhere to actually read patch notes/changes?

I'm not sure. I noticed she suddenly changed recently, as I never really used that heal ability before because it was just plain broken. I'd use it every now and then out of desperation, but this weekend, it was not only working, but working REALLY well.

Then I visited the official forums and people were complaining about it. Of course. Because a useless ability that is suddenly of value needs to have massive amounts of vitriol thrown at it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy Schnikes!!!

Ha! Looks like upgrading her as my first priority is paying off.

Pejo

So as someone who plays Future Fight a lot, this game is damn stingy with its characters. It's ok though, I'm not spending money. I seem to have capped out at the 1500~ range for PVP, which gives me just enough PVP funnymoney to buy a Sidious shipment every day, so I'm cool with that. I've also been building up a Boba Fett from the stage I have open for him as well as the Galactic War.

I like the gameplay mechanics, but I really don't understand how to power your characters up significantly. I often get totally outclassed by a group in PVP that's a few levels lower but with 5-6 extra HP segments on most of their characters. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong there.

Otherwise, It's a nice little time waster, but very very stingy in both energy and characters. Also some surprising omissions (most notably for me Grievous and ROTJ Luke) but I'm sure they'll be added in eventually.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I am totally f2p and doing well and managing to break the top 200 on my server. In the next 2-3 days I should have the shards to unlock Sidious and Fives, and that should be a big boost to my team. Will be good to replace jawa and either wookie or JC. I am also running Luminara and Genosian Soldier.

I can't complete todays agility challenge tier 2, the rng messes me up and I guess I just need a few more levels.

Jaleel

7* Sid (L)
7* Kylo
6* Poe
5* Poggle
5* IG-88

Rank 1 Team tonight. The AoE damage is stupid and can just blow the whole team up by Round 2. Will be even nastier once I seven star IG-88 and level his AoE ability a lil more. This team should keep me happy till I can get HK-47 unlocked and rdy to go. My IG-86 is coming along nicely in the shadows. Almost G8 and working towards 6*. Seen that little homie crit for damn near 8k.

commish

7* Sid (L)
7* Kylo
6* Poe
5* Poggle
5* IG-88

Rank 1 Team tonight. The AoE damage is stupid and can just blow the whole team up by Round 2. Will be even nastier once I seven star IG-88 and level his AoE ability a lil more. This team should keep me happy till I can get HK-47 unlocked and rdy to go. My IG-86 is coming along nicely in the shadows. Almost G8 and working towards 6*. Seen that little homie crit for damn near 8k.

My team is similar - 7* Kylo, 7* Poe, 7* Sid, 7* Poggle, and 7* Lumi. I sometimes sub in 1G-88 for Lumi, but Lumi is pretty useful for blowing up their Lumi, or their Poe if he is taunting. Agreed, aoe is silly strong.

Blank!

Holy Schnikes!!!

She's always done this (when it wasn't resisted). She would always team heal despite the wording on her ability.

And she still has the same flaw. She's TOO slow. Poe on a team with decently speed characters behind him (Sidious, Geno, etc.) will grant them 2 turns before your ventress gets 1. I wish the rest of her stats made up for her low speed but it really doesn't.

QuiGon remains the best Poe counter, but sadly unavailable to most :(

7* Sid (L)
7* Kylo
6* Poe
5* Poggle
5* IG-88

Any decent burst team with Poe can take top spot honestly, it's just a matter of winning the "Poe" fight and sniping at the right time. It's silly how much depend on the Poe game, there's just not enough counterplay available right now IMO.

Jaleel

My team is similar - 7* Kylo, 7* Poe, 7* Sid, 7* Poggle, and 7* Lumi. I sometimes sub in 1G-88 for Lumi, but Lumi is pretty useful for blowing up their Lumi, or their Poe if he is taunting. Agreed, aoe is silly strong.

I have a 7* Lumi with 3 round heal effect but even with that I notice burts is just so high at current levels it doesnt matter. With IG-88 on the team theres a good chance 3 of their team members are getting blown the fuck up after sid and kylos aoe, plus ability blocks everywhere.

Finality unlocked Vader!

I have so many training droids and not nearly enough credits. Too many characters I like and I'm trying to keep them all relevant and I only end up adding more to that list.

Have they nerfed the bounty hunter credits? You used to get those drones and sell for 300-400k. No you get 70k credits. I can't train oof.

What are people's best alliance/ dark side teams? And neutral?

Kettch

Man, Geonosian Soldier is just insane. Basically outdamages the rest of my team combined. Glad I read up on things early, because I never would have thought to farm some random level 1 character.

Kumquat

I just unlocked what I think will be a blow up droid/bug team, though I worry about not having a taunt on it. I have all at 4 stars except the geonosian soldier currently IG-86, IG-88, Poggle the Lesser, Geo Soldier, and leading the team HK-47.

Jaleel

I just unlocked what I think will be a blow up droid/bug team, though I worry about not having a taunt on it. I have all at 4 stars except the geonosian soldier currently IG-86, IG-88, Poggle the Lesser, Geo Soldier, and leading the team HK-47.

Get Poe as your tank. Remove Geo Soldier. Team will be so beast. Granted I can see your team working now with how the AI is. Never know.

Kettch

Apparently they're doing some maintenance/patching 5 minutes before the arena ends...who is running this game? There are 23 hours and 55 minutes of better times for that in a day.

Blank!

Get Poe as your tank. Remove Geo Soldier. Team will be so beast. Granted I can see your team working now with how the AI is. Never know.

I'd ditch HK-47 for Poe before Geo Soldier. If you're going full out AoE, you'll want Sidious in there. If you're leaning toward single target/follow up, you'll want Geo Soldier.

HK-47 is too slow, I believe he always ends up going after IG-88 unless you purposely keep from upgrading IG-88's speed.

The problem with running a pure droid/bug team is you WILL lose IG-88 before he does anything so a fast taunter (basically Poe) is almost required to run him. Else he's a real easy 1-shot.

Quigon added to cantina shipments. I wish they gave him a node instead, now I have to split between him and Poe :( Blah.

Blank!

How good is Quigon? I haven't seen him minus borrowing a few really low level ones. Not much to base anything on

He's pretty damn good. He's really only got 1 major negative: He's a Jedi; Prime target for Dooku lightning snipe since Dooku will go first (though, your Poe could go before Dooku so there's that). Also, Sidious will be harder to hit with him.

His speed is "2nd tier", Quigon is really fast, but not "1st turn" fast. You'll never go before a max Poe (unless your Poe goes first...) This isn't really a negative because if you do go first because of your Poe, you simply use his assist-call to 1-shot a squishy. If you go AFTER Poe you use your dispel against the taunt and give Offense up to your team. It's not quite "win win" but it's not a huge negative regardless of when he ends up going.

His basic attack is pretty mediocre all things considered but his speed, +meter on basic and low cooldown abilities means you don't use them all that much anyway. His Health isn't high but it's not as low as Sidious/IG-88.

Leadership ability has potential for jedi teams (mostly PvE stuff atm, but will become universal +speed when the cap goes up to 80).

He's a more utility Genosian Soldier basically. You trade a small amount of speed, HP, and become a jedi for some more utility and a conditional leadership ability.

Iceman829

I could use some squad build help based on others experience. I've been running the same team for awhile and now I'm just not sure where to go next. I just maxed out Sidious last night and now I'm trying who the next best arena person is. Is HK-47 or IG-88 the better character to work on? Lumi is about halfway to 7* and I'm wondering if I should continue maxing out Phasma or moving on to someone else.

My main squad is:

7* Sidious G7
6* Luminara G7
5* Phasma G7
4* JC G7
4* Chewy G6

My bench characters I have are
(4*) Dooku, Fett, Luke, Cad Bane, Fives, Talia, Lobot, Vadar
(3*) Asajj, Biggs, Veers, Stormtrooper, Jawa, Savage Opress, Royal Guard
(2*) Snowtrooper, Teebo, Ewok Scout, IG-86, Resistance Trooper
(1*) Clone Sgt, FOTP, Geo Soldier

Was trying to unlock Kylo (76/80) and Rey (19/80), but shard and gear rng is tough. I've been lucky with galaxy war not being too sweaty, but the arena competition has really gotten stronger and I know I need to improve the squad. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

I really hope they add new characters soon and/or buff some of the lesser used ones. I am getting really tired of seeing the same teams again and again and again. I'm not even attempting to unlock certain characters just because they are overused even if they are awesome. Like Sid.

Here's my current team:
Asajj Ventress 4*
Luminara Unduli 4* (she breaks my rule)
Savage Opress 4*
Chewie 4* (until I can replace him)
Ahsoka Tano 3*

I would like to get Darth Maul or Kylo Ren for Chewie's spot. Are there any Jedi/Sith that are classified as a Tank?

Aselith

I really hope they add new characters soon and/or buff some of the lesser used ones. I am getting really tired of seeing the same teams again and again and again. I'm not even attempting to unlock certain characters just because they are overused even if they are awesome. Like Sid.

It's supposed to be a major content patch so the Feb patch I would imagine will have some in there and the Shard Shop they previewed they said will probably exclusively get a character.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7844/next-content-update-preview-part-1

Blank!

I could use some squad build help based on others experience. I've been running the same team for awhile and now I'm just not sure where to go next. I just maxed out Sidious last night and now I'm trying who the next best arena person is. Is HK-47 or IG-88 the better character to work on? Lumi is about halfway to 7* and I'm wondering if I should continue maxing out Phasma or moving on to someone else.

My main squad is:

7* Sidious G7
6* Luminara G7
5* Phasma G7
4* JC G7
4* Chewy G6

My bench characters I have are
(4*) Dooku, Fett, Luke, Cad Bane, Fives, Talia, Lobot, Vadar
(3*) Asajj, Biggs, Veers, Stormtrooper, Jawa, Savage Opress, Royal Guard
(2*) Snowtrooper, Teebo, Ewok Scout, IG-86, Resistance Trooper
(1*) Clone Sgt, FOTP, Geo Soldier

Was trying to unlock Kylo (76/80) and Rey (19/80), but shard and gear rng is tough. I've been lucky with galaxy war not being too sweaty, but the arena competition has really gotten stronger and I know I need to improve the squad. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

That works for GW (though, I'd look to replace Chewie regardless). For Arena, a few things:

1- Stars don't matter *that* much. At max gear/level, going from 6 to 7 star is about 800-900 HP, ~100 more damage on your attacks, and an unnoticeable amount of crit, armor/resistance (seriously, it's low). You can probably stop Lum at 6 and start investing in another character. You can circle back around when you get some better characters ready.

2- Phasma, also, can be kept at low stars. Her most useful abilities are independent of star level and defensively (for arena), she'll almost never get a chance to basic attack until the fight has already been decided so her own damage doesn't matter much. She's also a low priority target so she's unlikely to be focused on unless you're already dead. 5* is probably fine. For GW shipments, you might want to consider IG-86/Poggle otherwise, feel free to continue maxing Phasma/Lum.

3- Chewie's got to go. His speed becomes a huge set back as people farm up. With Phasma, you also want to maximize her leadership skill as much as possible. 4* Kylo that you're working on should make a good replacement. I'd even consider the Luke just for the DPS.

4- JC isn't long term either for arena. Heals just don't really work, moreso defensively. Even Lum will ultimately be phased out. He's fine (great even) for GW but arena is more burst damage friendly. If your server's meta still lets you heal (IE, it's lack of First Order Tie Pilots, IG-86's, Leia's, Geno Soldiers, and QuiGon's) then keep using him, but I'd consider working on some burst/damage dealers.

I'd probably go with:

Phasma, Sidious, Lum, Vader, JC/Fives/Luke/Dooku- DoT everything and speed up with phasma to get Vader's turn up before DoT's wear off for the 1-shot. 5th slot could be anyone really. I like assist-callers with Phasma for the lucky triple-shots you sometimes pull off so that's why I put Fives on the list. Luke can add another DoT for vader and is probably your best damage dealer (well with Sidious/Lum). Dooku has speed and I bet everyone you're seeing is running at least Lum still. JC in case healing still works where you're at.

Long term:

Decide what kind of team you want to run and how "meta" you want to be. It's super-hard to be competitive without a Poe for example but you always run into the chance that they'll nerf/buff something/someone else.

Durden77

All this talk about Poe and I'm sitting here pumping up (imo) the best taunter in the game, Stormtrooper Han. I should probably keep my mouth shut about him at this point.

Finally unlocked Dooku and almost have him to where he can be strong enough to be on my team. I don't know how good he actually is, but I know he's annoying as fuck to fight.

Experien

All this talk about Poe and I'm sitting here pumping up (imo) the best taunter in the game, Stormtrooper Han. I should probably keep my mouth shut about him at this point.

Finally unlocked Dooku and almost have him to where he can be strong enough to be on my team. I don't know how good he actually is, but I know he's annoying as fuck to fight.

Count Dooku is the reason why I want to stop playing this game and delete it. He just did 4 attacks on me in a row...how is that possible?! The Galaxy War thing is annoying and I don't fully understand it. The first time I tried it, I got all the way to the end of it all. Now I am lucky if I get half way up the ladder.

Toa TAK

Banned
People. How good is Rey? I've been farming her shards like no tomorrow.

I've almost got Phasma, too. Pretty psyched about that.

Iceman829

That works for GW (though, I'd look to replace Chewie regardless). For Arena, a few things:

1- Stars don't matter *that* much. At max gear/level, going from 6 to 7 star is about 800-900 HP, ~100 more damage on your attacks, and an unnoticeable amount of crit, armor/resistance (seriously, it's low). You can probably stop Lum at 6 and start investing in another character. You can circle back around when you get some better characters ready.

2- Phasma, also, can be kept at low stars. Her most useful abilities are independent of star level and defensively (for arena), she'll almost never get a chance to basic attack until the fight has already been decided so her own damage doesn't matter much. She's also a low priority target so she's unlikely to be focused on unless you're already dead. 5* is probably fine. For GW shipments, you might want to consider IG-86/Poggle otherwise, feel free to continue maxing Phasma/Lum.

3- Chewie's got to go. His speed becomes a huge set back as people farm up. With Phasma, you also want to maximize her leadership skill as much as possible. 4* Kylo that you're working on should make a good replacement. I'd even consider the Luke just for the DPS.

4- JC isn't long term either for arena. Heals just don't really work, moreso defensively. Even Lum will ultimately be phased out. He's fine (great even) for GW but arena is more burst damage friendly. If your server's meta still lets you heal (IE, it's lack of First Order Tie Pilots, IG-86's, Leia's, Geno Soldiers, and QuiGon's) then keep using him, but I'd consider working on some burst/damage dealers.

I'd probably go with:

Phasma, Sidious, Lum, Vader, JC/Fives/Luke/Dooku- DoT everything and speed up with phasma to get Vader's turn up before DoT's wear off for the 1-shot. 5th slot could be anyone really. I like assist-callers with Phasma for the lucky triple-shots you sometimes pull off so that's why I put Fives on the list. Luke can add another DoT for vader and is probably your best damage dealer (well with Sidious/Lum). Dooku has speed and I bet everyone you're seeing is running at least Lum still. JC in case healing still works where you're at.

Long term:

Decide what kind of team you want to run and how "meta" you want to be. It's super-hard to be competitive without a Poe for example but you always run into the chance that they'll nerf/buff something/someone else.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm still working on leveling up the gear levels on several characters. Right now I'm working on getting Kylo into the team soon. His attacks still seem too low to use in the main squad right now. I need up raise the gear another level and upgrade several skills. By Sunday with all the challenges active he should be finished. I'll try adding Fives along with him and sub out JC and chewy. Right now I'm just holding in the top 200 for arena. I stumbled into a free win for 140, only a single 3* snowtropper. I haven't decided on my next arena character yet. Lumi is only 15 shards from 7*, so I decided to finish and move onto IG-86. Dooku is probably ready for my normal team but I'm trying to get the last node of a gear level finished. I feel like Vadar might be nice to have, but unfortunately supplies are limited in the game and his shards are also locked behind achievements. I'll approach him as a pet project with my spare parts until I get rolling again.

I'm going to rotate some people around and try some combinations of the following: Phasma, Sidious, Kylo, Dooku, Fives and Lumi to see what works. The toughest teams I run into in arena have some combo of Rey, Kylo, Sidious, Dooku, Lumi, Phasma and Poe. Not many Droids, QG, or FOTP. A few GeoS here and there.

Blank!

Count Dooku is the reason why I want to stop playing this game and delete it. He just did 4 attacks on me in a row...how is that possible?! The Galaxy War thing is annoying and I don't fully understand it. The first time I tried it, I got all the way to the end of it all. Now I am lucky if I get half way up the ladder.

Count Dooku has 100% chance to counter when geared up. So any attack (or aoe) that hits him will trigger his counter attack.

His regular attack has a 50% chance (at max level). Since he counters with his regular attack, he then has a 50% chance to attack again.

He also has a 25% chance to gain 40% meter whenever he attacks outside of his turn, so if he counter hits you twice that's a 25% chance to gain 40% meter twice (80% meter) on top of his already high speed.

Not uncommon for him to counter or be called as an assist, hit twice, gain his next turn, and hit twice again.

Rey is very good, hit's crazy hard and is very fast. Forsight is annoying to play around too.

commish

People. How good is Rey? I've been farming her shards like no tomorrow.

I've almost got Phasma, too. Pretty psyched about that.

Let's put it this way. If Rey was more common, I think there would be a lot of whining about how strong she is. She's a top tier character imo.

Toa TAK

Banned
Let's put it this way. If Rey was more common, I think there would be a lot of whining about how strong she is. She's a top tier character imo.

Sweet. Only a few more shards to farm then. Hopefully she's worth it because I've stunted my progress in the stages on each side.

Iceman829

Sweet. Only a few more shards to farm then. Hopefully she's worth it because I've stunted my progress in the stages on each side.

She's worth it. Hit's like a mack truck. I borrow one off a friend and she's so good. Sadly I only have about 20 something shards of hers. RNG is the worst.

Ric Flair

Banned
Count Dooku has 100% chance to counter when geared up. So any attack (or aoe) that hits him will trigger his counter attack.

His regular attack has a 50% chance (at max level). Since he counters with his regular attack, he then has a 50% chance to attack again.

He also has a 25% chance to gain 40% meter whenever he attacks outside of his turn, so if he counter hits you twice that's a 25% chance to gain 40% meter twice (80% meter) on top of his already high speed.

Not uncommon for him to counter or be called as an assist, hit twice, gain his next turn, and hit twice again.

Rey is very good, hit's crazy hard and is very fast. Forsight is annoying to play around too.

yeah, dooku is kinda bullshit. He should be made more squishy.

Kettch

Got my first character from a Bronzium Pack...Royal Guard...

Things seem to be coming along nicely for me though. Just picked up Old Daka today, and she's awesome. Think I'm gonna go for Qui-Gon next rather than Poe, since I really need another beefy lightside character for mainline missions. Well, I need two actually, but he'll be a nice start.

Blank!

How do you approach Dooku in GW/Arena? Get rid of him first or leave him last?

1- Stun him then DPS him down, stunned characters can't counter-attack. I rely on this type of "strat" a lot more against his beefier brother, Fives. Reliable stunners are pretty hard to come by though.

2- Blow him up with DPS. IG-86 will 1 shot him with an assist call (provided he crits, which he usually does). Geno soldier will sometimes 1-shot him but depends more on the follow up. I will usually do Sidious regular attack (or AoE) then Geno assist call and that'll kill him, his death heals Sidious back up.

Honestly, I find there tends to be other higher priority targets out there. Killing enemy Sidious first tends to take priority because heal immunity lasts too long and he'll start laying that on you 2nd round after his AoE... and Sidious is in 95% of all teams at this point? The few teams he's not in is packed with Quigon's, FOTP's, Leia's too.

Saving him for last is going to leave your team unhealed/partial healed for the next fight and potentially with heals on cooldown. You can minimize his utility greatly by using less/no jedi and having some serious DPS at your disposal, otherwise, I'd pack a stunner and keep rolling the dice until you land it and can burst him down safely.

His actual damage isn't very high unless he gets the follow up. Stun/ability lock are annoying but can be minimized by using less jedi (difficult in GW with lack of healers but sometimes necessary). Don't pluck away at him with low damage characters, you're only fueling his counter-attacks/follow-ups and giving him MORE meter/turns.

(EDIT) forgot to mention, but Offense down can also make his counter-attacks much more bearable... but otherwise, invest (heavily) in DPS.

1- Stun him then DPS him down, stunned characters can't counter-attack. I rely on this type of "strat" a lot more against his beefier brother, Fives. Reliable stunners are pretty hard to come by though.

2- Blow him up with DPS. IG-86 will 1 shot him with an assist call (provided he crits, which he usually does). Geno soldier will sometimes 1-shot him but depends more on the follow up. I will usually do Sidious regular attack (or AoE) then Geno assist call and that'll kill him, his death heals Sidious back up.

Honestly, I find there tends to be other higher priority targets out there. Killing enemy Sidious first tends to take priority because heal immunity lasts too long and he'll start laying that on you 2nd round after his AoE... and Sidious is in 95% of all teams at this point? The few teams he's not in is packed with Quigon's, FOTP's, Leia's too.

Saving him for last is going to leave your team unhealed/partial healed for the next fight and potentially with heals on cooldown. You can minimize his utility greatly by using less/no jedi and having some serious DPS at your disposal, otherwise, I'd pack a stunner and keep rolling the dice until you land it and can burst him down safely.

His actual damage isn't very high unless he gets the follow up. Stun/ability lock are annoying but can be minimized by using less jedi (difficult in GW with lack of healers but sometimes necessary). Don't pluck away at him with low damage characters, you're only fueling his counter-attacks/follow-ups and giving him MORE meter/turns.

(EDIT) forgot to mention, but Offense down can also make his counter-attacks much more bearable... but otherwise, invest (heavily) in DPS.

Thanks for the input. Most teams I face with him also have Sid and I do prioritize Sid but I run Kylo, Sid and Phasma on my main squad and I'm always hesitant to use my AOE's in fear of Dooku. That bastard just gives me so much anxiety once he starts hitting his bonus attack.

commish

yeah, dooku is kinda bullshit. He should be made more squishy.

A 7 star Dooku is going to be such a pain in the ass to deal with. I expect to see him on a lot of teams in a few weeks once everyone starts farming him. My own is almost level 6.

I've learned how to deal with Sid—for the most part. I still haven't figured out a great anti-Dooku plan. I've seen him hit the same character 4 times in a row without interruption and kill them while I sit there helpless.

Top Bottom