• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to offer 3$ per 1000 views if you promote XBO

What's so bad talking about Xbox One ®, the highest new-gen selling console of December 2013?

I think that Youtubers can easily talk about the great advantages Xbox One ® against it's competitors while being 100% objective and not for money reasons.

Those people won't destroy their integrity for a bit of more money.

BTW, check my Ryse ® youtube playthrough, avaliable only on Xbox One ®.

RELIGHT

Banned
The transmutations of money-hatting over the last couple gens has been incredible. They don't even need a transmutation circle anymore.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Looks like standard MCN monetization taken out of context. Xbox has adbuy with Machinima - Machinima circulates to their channels.

7Q4N9Y3.png

DTKT

Is this a case where you run an ad for the Xbox one on your channel? Or is it a case where you need to say positive things about the Xbone and you are rated on that?

stryke

What's the criteria for "promoting"?

Could a popular youtuber just say "Get an Xbox One" at the end of a completely unrelated video and that would be enough or is it full on promotion promotion which entails dedicating a whole video on the console?

Einbroch

Banned
Is this a case where you run an ad for the Xbox one on your channel? Or is it a case where you need to say positive things about the Xbone and you are rated on that?

It's all views, so it would have to be in-video and not just a Microsoft ad.

K.Sabot

What's so bad talking about Xbox One ®, the highest new-gen selling console of December 2013?

I think that Youtubers can easily talk about the great advantages Xbox One ® against it's competitors while being 100% objective and not for money reasons.

BTW, check my Ryse ® youtube playthrough, definetly the best exclusive Xbox One ®.

You screwed up, it's Xbox One: The All-in-One Entertainment System® and Ryse: Son of Rome®.

RELIGHT

Banned

BTW, check my Ryse ® youtube playthrough, avaliable only on Xbox One ®.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Zornack

Hopefully this'll get more people to realize how much more easily influenced internet personalities are compared to video game journalists.

I thought they always did this, popular machinima partners would put up a video talking about how awesome this new game is and never play it again, which always seemed fishy.

Freeman

Banned
If Sony gives 1$ per 1000 views if you promote PS4 they would go bankrupt, nothing stops the hype train.

People should start to ironically promote Xones as well, get a little confusion in the mix.

Sandfox

Hopefully this'll get more people to realize how much more easily influenced internet personalities are compared to video game journalists.

That's not really fair when you consider that this could potentially be a lot of money for certain people.

I thought they always did this, popular machinima partners would put up a video talking about how awesome this new game is and never play it again, which always seemed fishy.

Well, we know that EA sent free copies of Most Wanted to various Machinima members to play on their channel.

Zornack

That's not really fair when you consider that this could potentially be a lot of money for certain people.

I have no problem with anyone taking this deal but I take issue with the idea some people have that youtube personalities are more "pure" than video games journalists. Journalists are told off for being in bed with video game companies all the time with no proof.

I'm not understanding the shocked/disgusted reactions.

Isn't this just advertising on youtube channels of people that record themselves playing games?

I'm having a hard time seeing why this matters. Unless a company trying to market to their target audience is wrong or something.

Microsoft buying advertisement but not from professional, from youtubers.

It's clever. Yes, sneaky, a bit dishonest (to the people watching the channels that will promote this) but not a big deal. Just a good illustration of MS' shenanigans and lack of transparency

xxracerxx

I don't get it. Re: your other post pre-edit, I have used the /s way too much lately and it is terrible, apologies :p

Yeah I was being snarky and edited it out, but I just noticed it today on another post.

The money comes for all VIEWS, even if the people haven't watched another ad in front of the video like the current system. This is purely based on views.

Are you sure there's nothing in the small print underneath?

Like "this opinion was paid for by ..."

akGCO47

Banned
could be just including the XBOX ONE in the titles as well. MarkOfJ and SandyRavage all have in the title when playing on xbone

spwolf

I have no problem with anyone taking this deal but I take issue with the idea some people have that youtube personalities are more "pure" than video games journalists. Journalists are told off for being in bed with video game companies all the time with no proof.

so basically they get paid if they tell us that XB1 rocks... and you have problem with that?

It is not an ad... it is paying for "review" basically.

On Amazon you get banned for that.

It is completely unethical. Imagine going to buy any product and you check reviews so see if it is good or not and buy it based on those reviews.... then later you find out it is not like advertised and that review was paid for. Is that ok? I dont think so.

tbm24

Microsoft buying advertisement but not from professional, from youtubers.

It's clever. Yes, sneaky, a bit dishonest (to the people watching the channels that will promote this) but not a big deal. Just a good illustration of MS' shenanigans and lack of transparency

I think the amount of people who expect companies to be transparent about everything is a bit much. Either way, what's dishonest about it? They can't promote it? What's wrong with just highlighting the console?

I just don't get why this is seeming like a problem given some of the responses in this thread already.

PSYGN

Ah, yes, the good old "scratch my back and I'll throw some cash at you" tactic. Reminds me of the awesome Bing + Ebay deals. We saw how that turned out.

Zeth

Yeah I was being snarky and edited it out, but I just noticed it today on another post.

The money comes for all VIEWS, even if the people haven't watched another ad in front of the video like the current system. This is purely based on views.

I see now, that sounds slightly non-standard but I'm not an expert on this at all. But the UK community manager, I'm guessing he's addressing members of the Machinima network? This isn't just some random bounty out for anyone who wants to be a shill, right?

Is this why Adam Sessler kept defending Xbox One DRM?

No. Adam Sessler wants to be as impartial as possible, so that he remains in the good graces of as many companies as possible. Mainly so publishers give him everything for free, so that he won't have to buy the consoles and games himself.

Everyone will jump on this if all they need is a 5 second clip before and/or after their videos, machinima will be rolling in green.

Zabant

Not rumor - it's truth.

pS6Gd5v.png

This is shady as fuck. Microsoft engaging in some underhanded tactics, forego the usual channels and pay the big youtubers a pittance to get their huge fanbases?

I Guarantee most of them will play it off like they are actually fans of the Xbox instead of because they're getting paid.

xxracerxx

But the UK community manager, I'm guessing he's addressing members of the Machinima network? This isn't just some random bounty out for anyone who wants to be a shill, right?

Seems that way for what we gather from the information presented.

Top Bottom