• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for HBO documentary 'Spielberg'

That's gonna be great. I'm in for footage of the movie brats hanging out. Give me some Margot Kidder walking around in the nude and making Steven uncomfortable. I recommend Easy Riders, Raging Bulls for more stories like that.

There was a decent Scorsese documentary that was an extra on the Departed BD/DVD, of course it's doesn't include his pictures made after. The De Palma doc from last year was pretty good as well. I need a huge Carpenter retrospective in my life at some point.

Smellycat

Only if they get people who have the guts to talk about how much of an asshole Cameron is.

I remember reading that he purposely almost drowned cast members in one of his movies (either Titanic or The Abyss), so that he can get better acting out of them lol

i dont know why, but the opening ET theme gave me goosebumps. So good.

Cant wait to see this.

because its one of the GOATs, breh I literally cried when I rewatched ET and that stupid alien said bye to Elliot, Spielberg and Williams really knew how to elicit emotion from the viewers. all these blockbuster bums should pay royalties to Spielberg. he basically laid the groundwork for modern hollywood crowd pleasers, but yet it feels like his movies back then are still at an unattainable status.

gamz

Yes please. That's one of the things that make him interesting. Kinda like Steve Jobs. Super competent and professional asshole creative person.

And yet they both drive themselves harder on obtaining that vision. Fine line between asshole and driven.

Anyway, can't wait to see this doc. He's a filmmaking genius. Obviously...

Can't wait for the final 15 minutes where everyone has to pretend he still makes good films.

7UgkeQ3.png

because its one of the GOATs, breh I literally cried when I rewatched ET and that stupid alien said bye to Elliot, Spielberg and Williams really knew how to elicit emotion from the viewers. all these blockbuster bums should pay royalties to Spielberg. he basically laid the groundwork for modern hollywood crowd pleasers, but yet it feels like his movies back then are still at an unattainable status.

My local AMC theatre was screening ET again this past weekend and I saw it again. It was awesome. Goosebumps when the feds catch up to the empty van and it cuts to the road with the 5 bikes while the main theme kicking in. So good.

https://youtu.be/Ct6O2nSOMlI

Bentendo

Man I'll always feel lucky having lived in the age of Speilberg and having had a family cool enough to make sure I saw all of his classics when I was young. Can't imagine a more iconic film director... He's in a class of his own. The Speilberg John Williams combination is oh so great

F-Pina

I really don't like to watch documentaries about people that are still alive and working. Makes no sense to me. But will watch, really curious about Spielberg.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Give me

Quentin Tarantino
David Lynch
David Cronenberg
Wes Anderson
John Carpenter

David Lynch got a documentary done some days ago called "David Lynch: The Art Life" but I honestly haven't seen it yet. I've heard it was good.

David Lynch got a documentary done some days ago called "David Lynch: The Art Life" but I honestly haven't seen it yet. I've heard it was good.

It's really good. Gives plenty of context and insight to where his work came from and some of his upbringing

It's even getting a criterion release next month I think

Top Bottom