• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 1-3 being re-released on 3DS in Japan

The iOS versions had chapter select available from the start didn't they? I hope that is in this too. Along with an option to speed up text without having to have already beat a chapter.

Awesome! Even though it's not a full remake of the original trilogy, I think the 3D effect will work great if implemented properly.

I wonder which sprites they'll use, though. The original sprites are great obviously, but they need to fix the animations for the HD sprites. Otherwise, I don't want them anywhere near this game.

This will be my 3rd time buying the game lol.

This would be my 5th lol.

-English DS
-Japanese DS (with English language option)
-Wiiware
-iOS (ew)
-3DS (?)

OMG.

One of my dreams has come true. OMG.

US release, please. CAPCOM, I will fucking beat you with a
step
ladder if you fuck this up for us in the US. BEAT YOU.

GSR

Somehow I feel it's going to be a lazy port, will it have bars and whatnot?

We don't know yet. All we know is that the graphics will have a 3D effect - we don't know what version of the game they're basing it on though.

Also, for those wondering "why now", it turns out that tomorrow marks the 10-year anniversary of Trials and Tribulations' original Japanese release. So I'd expect official word/media of the collection tomorrow.

I really want this..but I own all the DS originals already now thanks to an awesome friend of mine.

How would Godot summon his coffee in 3D though?

zulux21

Given I can't see them giving this a retail release even if they release it in NA I likely won't touch this game personally with a 10 foot pole (I will just play my original DS games instead)

but it wouldn't be a terrible thing to come out as I have a few friends that I have been forcing AA games onto that could get this.....
though I feel that not including apollo justice is super lame as it means games 1-3 and 5 are 3ds but 4 is DS only :/ (not that the 3ds can't play DS games but they are getting harder to find in shops)

Shengar

We don't know yet. All we know is that the graphics will have a 3D effect - we don't know what version of the game they're basing it on though.

Also, for those wondering "why now", it turns out that tomorrow marks the 10-year anniversary of Trials and Tribulations' original Japanese release. So I'd expect official word/media of the collection tomorrow.

Japan know what's right and must be appreciated.

Ibuki

Banned
Ok, so should I play the DS versions (already own 1 & 2), or just import this collection when it comes out?? I am only on case 2 of the first game.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
At this point Capcom owes the fans full blown remakes, the 3D effect will still be nice enough with the 2D layers but if it's windowed and low res they might as well not bother

Velcro Fly

Would definitely consider this if it came west. Would probably be cheaper than buying the DS games individually.

Sadly I suspect Capcom is not going to bring this over :(

ss-hikaru

Awesome! Was thinking of picking these up for DS, then changed my mind to android, then it never came out :(

When it says 'English Language Option" does that mean English text only? I'd love to play the games with Japanese voices.

Jintor

Oh man oh man oh man

it's not the full engine remake I want but what the hey, I'll take it!

now... come out in PAL and don't get fucked by region locking plz

Roto13

I can't see myself buying this when my DS versions will play just fine on my 3DS.

Will probably be the best way for new players to experience the games, though. They're pretty phenomenal.

Assuming they come out outside of Japan, ha

Grief.exe

I can't see myself buying this when my DS versions will play just fine on my 3DS.

Will probably be the best way for new players to experience the games, though. They're pretty phenomenal.

Assuming they come out outside of Japan, ha

That would be me! Want to try out this series.

Oh snap!

I kinda doubt it will come out in the US at all given how AA5 couldn't even muster a physical release, but I will totally pick this up if it does, is a reasonable price, and adds some content, even if it's just remastered music or visuals. Gotta have dat Ace Attorney!

FluxWaveZ

Oh snap!

I kinda doubt it will come out in the US at all given how AA5 couldn't even muster a physical release, but I will totally pick this up if it does, is a reasonable price, and adds some content, even if it's just remastered music or visuals. Gotta have dat Ace Attorney!

I think the fact that the Japanese version has an English option is a good sign for a release outside of Japan.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope they just extend the background more and don't try to fiddle with the art too much. No stitching and please no filters.

Oh snap!

If it already has an English Option, Capcom will likely at least do a digital version.

Eusis

I hope they just extend the background more and don't try to fiddle with the art too much. No stitching and please no filters.

If it already has an English Option, Capcom will likely at least do a digital version.
Yeah, I think digital's all but guaranteed, and even physical might coast in via the value angle. And the fact that there's really no extended wait due to localization (and the fact all three games were out years ago anyway.)

Top Bottom