• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

brian577

Banned
The more I think about it, the less I liked Saturday's episode. The gags and references were good, but Rarity, RD and Fluttershy's actions just seemed out of character. I would've preferred sleep walking Pinkie over "I just couldn't help myself". Without a proper motive, the whole thing felt like a waste, the plot felt like it belonged in a G1 episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The more I think about it, the less I liked Saturday's episode. The gags and references were good, but Rarity, RD and Fluttershy's actions just seemed out of character. I would've preferred sleep walking Pinkie over "I just couldn't help myself". Without a proper motive, the whole thing felt like a waste.

Yeah, they wouldn't just destroy something that meant so much to Pinkie and the Cakes, not to mention, it's implied that they woudl all get to try it the next day after the competition anyways.

I took it as a reveal to one of Pinkie Pie's many many many many party related talents. She can talk up stuff to irresistible overhyped levels. So far limited to foods.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
She is getting written out of the series to make room for Trixie.

The addition of Trixie to the Mane 6 will make a great comedic foil for Twilight Sparkle.

Trixie will be introduced as Luna's new apprentice, like Twilight is for Celestia.

"We meet again Twilight Sparkle. The Great and Powerful Trixie is pleased!"

My soul almost died when I read those sentences. How can you conceive such horrible thoughts?

NEO0MJ

I took it as a reveal to one of Pinkie Pie's many many many many party related talents. She can talk up stuff to irresistible overhyped levels. So far limited to foods.

Much like how Gaf can hype any game.
Anyways funny episode, though the ending was pretty meh, espacially the forced lesson.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just watched the episode.

Animators had a blast with this episode. Only Lesson Zero compared in crazy visuals.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Most suspicious thing about the episode was how Twilight talked about clues, not as something you need for proper investigations, but as something you better not leave if you want to successfully commit a crime. She totally ate some of the cake.

Narag

Most suspicious thing about the episode was how Twilight talked about clues, not as something you need for proper investigations, but as something you better not leave if you want to successfully commit a crime. She totally ate some of the cake.

Sounds dangerously close to fanon.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds dangerously close to fanon.

dZtc1.gif

Cheerilee

I'm convinced that honest Applejack got away with it. Twilight knows/suspects she was guilty, but she can't prove it, so she kept her suspicions to herself.

First, look at this scene where the ponies are tempted.
C3e3x.jpg

Twilight's the only normal-looking one. Applejack fits right in. Applejack was also the first pony to try and make an inappropriate grab for the cake.

Rainbow Dash stole a bite, but she got seen and left evidence.
Fluttershy stole a bite, but she got seen and left evidence.
Rarity stole a bite, but she got seen and left evidence.

Then Twilight pressed Pinkie to admit that she fell asleep on the job and there was a long window for a fourth someone to quietly steal a bite unobserved and leave no clue. Twilight wouldn't logically have pushed for that info if she had herself stolen a bite during that window.

And in this episode's inspiration, Murder on the Orient Express [major spoiler if you haven't read/seen it yet],
everyone was guilty.

Twilight was the detective, and Pinkie was the client, so I can let them go. And then Pinkie went and ate the whole leftovers anyways.

Tizoc

Anyone got GIFs of Mr. Cake fainting?
Would like some without text, and well ones that have fitting text ^_^;

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
From the wedding site.

if ($.cookie('dj')) {
a.push('dj');
$('#ppPayoff').css({"background":"url('images/gifts/gift_PP_up.png') no-repeat",'cursor':'pointer'}).click(
function () {
trackDownload('dj');
alert('Pinkie Pie says: Nice try! Come back soon!');
}
);
}

if (a.length) {
dbug('cookies: ' + a.join('+'));
if (6 == a.length) {
//console.log("you did them all, you get the prize");
$('#rwPayoff').css({"background":"url('images/gifts/gift_RW_up.png') no-repeat",'cursor':'pointer'}).click(
function () {
trackDownload('rw');
alert('Twilight Sparkle says: I think you have a letter to write to Princess Celestia...');

They know....

McNum

sLcZf.png

Seriously though what is so odd about this code?
Most website code does not have Pinkie Pie calling you out on trying to read it. Nor Twilight Sparkle lecturing you and telling you to write Princess Celestia on what you just learned.

Basically, the website has in-character error messages if you try to cheat with the downloads.

Theonik

Most website code does not have Pinkie Pie calling you out on trying to read it. Nor Twilight Sparkle lecturing you and telling you to write Princess Celestia on what you just learned.

Basically, the website has in-character error messages if you try to cheat with the downloads.
Oh so that's what those messages were. Clever.
So does this mean a Brony coder or was the page done in-studio?

The eyes were probably placeholders so this is by no means definitive. Same ones they use for RD and some other ponies.

McNum

Lol remember they were using typewriters with what seemed like only 2 keys and a space bar
Ah, binary typing. Or a Morse Code system. Left hoof on dot, right hoof on dash, space bar to separate letters, words, and sentences. All you need to type anything you want.

Cheerilee

ITT people don't know red herring

If you're referring to my "Applejack got away with it" theory, a red herring is a fake clue that prevents you from using the real clues to realize the whole picture.

But Twilight wasn't really finding clues, she was finding evidence implicating ponies, and temporarily keeping it from Pinkie/the audience, because she didn't want Pinkie leaping to conclusions and running off half-cocked until her investigation was concluded.

Pinkie falling asleep was kind of a red herring in that it made a big opening in security where an investigator could easily conclude that a single, large crime took place, but Twilight (through diligent investigation of Pinkie's story) had already come to the conclusion that there were multiple successful smaller crimes. At the end of the investigation, Pinkie's sleep was no red herring to Twilight, nor did it need repeating to the audience because we were still being kept in the dark. All it did was tell Twilight where Pinkie's usefulness in identifying culprits ended, and where the gigantic hole in security had begun.

Anyone who was satisfied that Rainbow/Fluttershy/Rarity are the end of the story because they have guilty culprits in hand is no better than Pinkie thinking the story was over as soon as she was shown Rainbow Dash's blue feather.

no Invisible Big Mac posts? PonyGAF has changed...
It's no longer about favorite ponies, the reasons we like the show or the best pony race. It's an endless series of animated GIFs, brought by ahoyhoy and DrForester. PonyGAF, and its consumption of GAFfers, has become a well-oiled machine. PonyGAF has changed. Forumers bear My Little Pony tags, use My Little Pony-tagged avatars. Parasprites inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Friendship control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. PonyGAF has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of love and tolerance. And he who controls the bronies, controls history. PonyGAF has changed. When the bronies are under total control, ponies... become routine.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you're referring to my "Applejack got away with it" theory, a red herring is a fake clue that prevents you from using the real clues to realize the whole picture.

Actually it can also be used on plot stuff that "misleads you from actual truths by giving you fake quips".

Theonik

It's no longer about favorite ponies, the reasons we like the show or the best pony race. It's an endless series of animated GIFs, brought by ahoyhoy and DrForester. PonyGAF, and its consumption of GAFfers, has become a well-oiled machine. PonyGAF has changed. Forumers bear My Little Pony tags, use My Little Pony-tagged avatars. Parasprites inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Friendship control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. PonyGAF has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of love and tolerance. And he who controls the bronies, controls history. PonyGAF has changed. When the bronies are under total control, ponies... become routine.
PonyGAF... PonyGAF never changes.

brian577

Banned
This is going to appear in the New York Times Wedding Section
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/04/13/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-wedding-announcement/

From the article
“We want to justify something big and crazy and exciting,” McCarthy explains, noting that the two-part wedding episode has an “epic fantasy element.” Having seen it myself, I can concur; the hour-long special is ambitious, absorbing, and thoroughly entertaining,

The hype has been doubled!

Cheerilee

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/04/13/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-wedding-announcement/

From the article
“We want to justify something big and crazy and exciting,” McCarthy explains, noting that the two-part wedding episode has an “epic fantasy element.” Having seen it myself, I can concur; the hour-long special is ambitious, absorbing, and thoroughly entertaining,

“We’re just trying to tell really great stories, and I think that’s why we got the adult fan base that we did,” showrunner Meghan McCarthy tells EW.

Showrunner Meghan? That's Jayson's title. Formerly Lauren's title.

A quick Google also shows the LA Times announcing an upcoming event they're hosting featuring MLP "showrunner" Meghan McCarthy.

Time to brace for the news that Jayson was fired/quit.

Theonik

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/04/13/my...-announcement/

From the article

Someone leak it already. Hype levels so high.

brian577

Banned
Showrunner Meghan? That's Jayson's title. Formerly Lauren's title.

A quick Google also shows the LA Times announcing an upcoming event they're hosting featuring MLP "showrunner" Meghan McCarthy.

Time to brace for the news that Jayson was fired/quit.

She took over Rob Renzentti's position when he left. Story Editor is pretty just below Jayson and James position.

Cheerilee

She took over Rob Renzentti's position when he left. Story Editor is pretty just below Jayson and James position.

It's not really close enough for people who know the word "showrunner" to mistake them for each other, but it is close enough to make Meghan a candidate for Jayson's replacement.

Of course, this could all be nothing. I'm not suggesting that people panic, just that they brace themselves for that possibility.

Top Bottom