• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Orcastar

Great episode. A bit predictable, but time travel stories usually are. Twilight and Pinkie worked well together, but that's hardly surprising considering they're best ponies.

Also, the scene with Madame Pinkie pretty much proved that Pinkie has the cause and effect of her Pinkie sense mixed up; it doesn't actually predict the future, it makes things happen instead. After all, she made that flower pot materialize from thin air. Ties in perfectly with her other 4th wall breaking/reality altering powers.

Tizoc

so... why did cerberus show up? im really confused by this

Ponyville's a madness magnet.
...that or Cerberus heard of Fluttershy's generosity towards animals and wanted to spend time with her. Guarding a gate that seals away eldricht abominations can make a dog bored.

Ikael

Outstanding episode, Larson delivers yet again. I mean, time travel storylines are already complicated enough to trow comedy into it (go ask ffXIII-2 :p), but they pulled it out quite well Also, the whole Twilight metal gear-esque infiltration into the castle, unicorn-flashlights included, was pure gold. This second season has been clearly superior to the first one so far, me thinks.

Tizoc

CHEEZMO™;35913991 said:
I've got some vids you might be interested in, if that's your thang.

Are they furry? Cuz furry is totally not my thing.

Also, where the GIFs and reaction images at people?

Sadsic

Ponyville's a madness magnet.
...that or Cerberus heard of Fluttershy's generosity towards animals and wanted to spend time with her. Guarding a gate that seals away eldricht abominations can make a dog bored.

well not that, i mean what relevance was it to the plot. im very confused by this.

FillerB

so... why did cerberus show up? im really confused by this

Because he escaped (or Trollestia let him loose) and Tartarus is apparently close enough to Ponyville to run to it and back again in half a day. In the scene right after Spike receives a missing dog flyer from Celestia.

Great episode. A bit predictable, but time travel stories usually are. Twilight and Pinkie worked well together, but that's hardly surprising considering they're best ponies.

Also, the scene with Madame Pinkie pretty much proved that Pinkie has the cause and effect of her Pinkie sense mixed up; it doesn't actually predict the future, it makes things happen instead. After all, she made that flower pot materialize from thin air. Ties in perfectly with her other 4th wall breaking/reality altering powers.

It's obvious that Pinkie is an ethereal being.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Truly the most abominable things are kept in Pony Hell...

zdH5O.png

Tizoc

Relax Fluttershy, you ain't high on my list of 'Ponies I would clop/fap to', in fact I don't like Pony Pr0n~

CHEEZMO™;35925090 said:
100% certified human sisters/
twins
!
>_>
<_<
Tell me more...

Sadsic

Because he escaped (or Trollestia let him loose) and Tartarus is apparently close enough to Ponyville to run to it and back again in half a day. In the scene right after Spike receives a missing dog flyer from Celestia.

no i get THIS, but... why did this happen in this episode writing-wise? It had nothing whatsoever to do with the rest of the episode.

no i get THIS, but... why did this happen in this episode writing-wise? It had nothing whatsoever to do with the rest of the episode.

As foreshadowing to the epic season finale where the gang has to go to Tartarus to confront the evils sealed away inside, in order to rescue one of their own from death itself!

or go to a wedding

Theonik

See no reason why not, and it's and appropriate pet for the night princess.
So far we haven't had a canon explanation of how Celestia's letters work. It may be a magical link that only Celestia can use. Which could explain why we haven't seen any other mention of dragonmail. It would be an appropriate pet for luna I agree though and I guess even if only Celestia could use the link nothing would stop luna from asking her sister a favour.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So essentially Celestia is using Spike as a mailman slave of sorts, and we know Spike seems to be in pain when he sends out more than once at a rapid pace.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So essentially Celestia is using Spike as a mailman slave of sorts, and we know Spike seems to be in pain when he sends out more than once at a rapid pace.

The multi letter thing was kind of in the middle of a national crisis. Just look for evil Celestia anywhere you can....

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Are they furry? Cuz furry is totally not my thing.

Also, where the GIFs and reaction images at people?

Sorry. I thought Future-ahoyhoy was trying to warn me about the negative consequences of making .gifs, but it turns out he just wanted to remind me to drink my Ovaltine.

Here's some for now

iLkPI.gif

1ZICA.gif

Twilight got a cryptic warning.

Twilight thought warning = crisis.

twilight prepared town for crisis.

Cerberus breaks out of the gates of tartarus. In other words, a crisis happens.

Twilight and gang avert crisis.

Twilight believes she averted the crisis she was warned of.

Sadsic

Twilight got a cryptic warning.

Twilight thought warning = crisis.

twilight prepared town for crisis.

Cerberus breaks out of the gates of tartarus. In other words, a crisis happens.

Twilight and gang avert crisis.

Twilight believes she averted the crisis she was warned of.

yeah but thats a REALLY specific thing that could easily carry the beginning of an enormous plot... I honestly expected that to be SOMETHING. Like, more than just the guardian of the gates of hell just randomly appearing >_>

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also I realized that they used some pug design for cerberus, which is a good call. Generally it's stereotypical to use the doberman or labrador on cerb.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
yeah but thats a REALLY specific thing that could easily carry the beginning of an enormous plot... I honestly expected that to be SOMETHING. Like, more than just the guardian of the gates of hell just randomly appearing >_>

To make a joke.
This is the show that will provide a soap box to step on or name a town Dodge to get out of.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Luna's pet makes a lot of sense though

Cheerilee

Celestia has the best pets, a Phoenix and Cerberus...

She is Dumbledore!
Dumbledore didn't own Fluffy, Hagrid did. Fluffy wasn't even loaned to Dumbledore to provide the first level of defense, because Dumbledore provided the final level of defense.

See no reason why not, and it's and appropriate pet for the night princess.

Even if she can't, Celestia would be more than happy to send it for her. Just makes more sense than Celestia having two pets.
There's no indication that the Cerberus was anybody's pet. It's just a creature that guards the entrance to Pony Hell. Although I'd accept the theory that Luna owns/owned it, and that during Luna's 1000-year absence, Twilight and other students were occasionally asked to care for it, which would explain why Twilight knew all about it (the alternate theory would be books).

And Spike said that "the Princess" (singular) was the one who sent the letter. I doubt he'd say that about Luna and discount Celestia. He was talking about Celestia and discounting Luna. The infidel deserved his stomach ache.

Oh and, "Happy Tuesday" satisfied my recently-stated desire to see Celestia flex her master troll skills.

Bakphoon

Official confirmation that the finale will be a two parter and the title will be "A Canterlot Wedding"

in.png

Well while everyone is speculating about them being EP 25/26, i somehow think they will be EP 27/28 because of the discord arc that was moved from end of S1 to the beginning of S2.

Shining Armor: I am Equus... of Borg. Resistance... is futile. Your life as it has been... is over. From this time forward, you shall service... us.

Celestia: Ms. Sparkle... fire.

"To be continued... this fall!"

*cue upbeat credits music*

Top Bottom