• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Faddy

Banned
One of these things is not like the others.

I don't think anyone cared about the joke part of the reads list. But sure, if Lifeline could clarify, that would be great, were you counting fat in this as well?

I included fat4all

You even bolded "everyone" in your post. Unless the definition of everyone has changed...

Sorian

Banned
I included fat4all

You even bolded "everyone" in your post. Unless the definition of everyone has changed...

Yes, you included fat4all after you had a heavy reaction to me pointing at you and you needed a bigger list to hide around in. Let's not forget 15 minutes ago where you were whining like this:

Don't try and implicate me as scum. Lifeline's post clearly shows evidence for you and acorn being a scum team. Stop trying to muddy the waters with your convoluted logic.

Acorn I found out what is off with you, no one is calling you acorn!

Something something pot, something something kettle, something something convoluted logic.

Natiko

Banned
Some observations so far despite the game being on P4 only.

Sorian - already solving and leading discussion. From the few games that I've played with Sorian, this is inline with how he play as a townie, so leaning town on him for now.

Faddy - already being quite chatty and solving in his own special way, NAI more just Faddy being Faddy. Having never played with Faddy as scum, going to lean on Faddy as towny for now.

That's all I have for now folks! Oh, except for one more

fat4all - funnest and most awesome pupper in this thread, gets an appreciation pupper for GIF effort and making me smile
Did you play in DR3? I honestly don't remember. I will say though that in DR3 Faddy was a neutral and his play was more aggressive there then it had been in Quarantine. Seeing him be more aggressive yet again concerns me as it doesn't quite line up with what I remember from town Faddy.

Faddy

Banned
Did you play in DR3? I honestly don't remember. I will say though that in DR3 Faddy was a neutral and his play was more aggressive there then it had been in Quarantine. Seeing him be more aggressive yet again concerns me as it doesn't quite line up with what I remember from town Faddy.

And my aggressive play in Gafia?

Another strange omission.

Dr. Worm

Banned
As someone who isn't familiar with Faddy's prior play, it doesn't appear... Conservative, I guess? The impression I got was that he was reaching a bit in looking for a scumtell.

I do agree with him that Lifeline is probably innocent, though.

acohrs

Did not play DR3 and didn't read it. Faddy is playing similarly to how he played in Gafia 3 where he was town.

Faddy

Banned
Is it really that strange for someone to remember a couple of your past performances without being intimately familiar with all of them?

When you are trying to make an argument about how my aggressive play is troubling I think getting my only 3 games right (and Natiko played in all of them) isn't too much to ask.

The whole premise of his argument is wrong anyway since I was neutral in both DR3 and Quarantine. So yeah I think I am justified in pointing it out.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Reporting In.
First, I think some people are starting to rely on meta too much. Just because someone is playing similar to a game doesn't mean they are the same alignment. I can't tell you how many times scum me has died for a post that town me made or vice versa. It helps when it comes to checking consistency but if someone is acting differently there can be plenty of reasons besides alignment change.

Moving on:

VOTE: Lifeline.

Fireblend

Banned
Time avoiding the entire convo and just checking in with a random vote seems odd.

And I still feel like much of the conversation feels scripted and forced. And somewhat agree with Terra, I have never really been a fan of "X played like this before so _____________" arguments. Don't want to discourage conversation, just that for someone who pays little mind to specific personal behaviors I find those posts to be of little value. Opinions and all.

Sorian

Banned
I'm sure someone in the conversation is super scripted, Verelios or Faddy imo but ignoring that, I feel like a lot of people are calling the convo unnatural with no substance past that. Fireblend at least pointed out me and Vere specifically and exactly what felt wrong but Time, for example, just calls it unnatural (after a prod).

Dr. Worm

Banned
The acohrs read list is strange for this point in the game, to be fair. Coupled with Lifeline's attempt, I can see how it appears manufactured - not on a per-post basis, but taken together.

Timeaisis

I'm sure someone in the conversation is super scripted, Verelios or Faddy imo but ignoring that, I feel like a lot of people are calling the convo unnatural with no substance past that. Fireblend at least pointed out me and Vere specifically and exactly what felt wrong but Time, for example, just calls it unnatural (after a prod).

Well I did say I was still reading, did I not? If you prod me, I will respond with my thoughts at first blush in order to remain active in the conversation, even if those thoughts are off base or just a feeling. That's what I got.

I'm not going to able to do a mega analysis of every post at present.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
These stuck out me:

Hmmm. Seems suspicious. I'm gonna go with Sorian and acohrs being Batfam.

VOTE: acohrs

No idea what i'm doing
The post he is referring to is if achorms mention his lean town for Sorian and Faddy. Yet he only posits the connection of achors and Sorian.

Shortly:

By the way I am strongly believe Lifeline is not scum.

Just some food for thought.

Sorian

Banned
Well I did say I was still reading, did I not? If you prod me, I will respond with my thoughts at first blush in order to remain active in the conversation, even if those thoughts are off base or just a feeling. That's what I got.

I'm not going to able to do a mega analysis of every post at present.

Sure, I'm just watching you intently sice I plopped my opener vote on you and I've seen no real reason to remove it, plus some meh feeling at you checking in last night but not playing at all until today.

These stuck out me:

The post he is referring to is if achorms mention his lean town for Sorian and Faddy. Yet he only posits the connection of achors and Sorian.

Shortly:

Just some food for thought.

My initial gut is that Lifeline was probably town too. I doubt scum goes all in that quick but he has since backed down with no real reasoning which is where I actually see issue.

Timeaisis

Sure, I'm just watching you intently sice I plopped my opener vote on you and I've seen no real reason to remove it, plus some meh feeling at you checking in last night but not playing at all until today.

Fair enough. I was busy when the game started and it wasn't until like 10pm by the time I got to the thread. Just wanted to say hello to show I didn't forget about the game. I think you are overanylzing the timing but that's fine. I'm here now.

Like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing.
posting from mobile and I have a meeting in 10, but don't worry about this. Seriously. Early in the game it's mostly just feeling people out and waiting and seeing. It's very rare to get definitive direction D1. Don't get discouraged!

I will get more in after this meeting.

Natiko

Banned
And my aggressive play in Gafia?

Another strange omission.
Gafia 3, the game where I died N1? Excuse me for not remembering it quite as well lol
When you are trying to make an argument about how my aggressive play is troubling I think getting my only 3 games right (and Natiko played in all of them) isn't too much to ask.

The whole premise of his argument is wrong anyway since I was neutral in both DR3 and Quarantine. So yeah I think I am justified in pointing it out.
You were neutral in Quarantine too? I thought it was fran, acorn, melon, and doggo as the neutral team.

franconp

Gafia 3, the game where I died N1? Excuse me for not remembering it quite as well lol

You were neutral in Quarantine too? I thought it was fran, acorn, melon, and doggo as the neutral team.

We weren't neutrals!!!

There were 2 neutral teams.

Natiko

Banned
Quarantine is like a fever dream at this point. What a crazy little game. I'll let the point rest for now, it somehow turned into Faddy getting upset when I was more questioning acorn's logic. That guy's always scum so I like to keep an eye on him.

Kalor

If anything this is more problematic than your initial thinking. Did you feel threatened by the one vote on you?

New players do tend to feel threatened by one vote. Either that or that they're going down the wrong road.

I do agree that Acohrs read list feels odd but I'm split on what it indicates. It could be a town member just trying to be active with a read list or scum trying to get points by saying that other people are town.

Fireblend

Banned
New players do tend to feel threatened by one vote. Either that or that they're going down the wrong road.

Dunno why you felt the need to respond to that post of mine in behalf of Lifeline :p Life might have removed that vote due to that or something else, yes.

I do agree that Acohrs read list feels odd but I'm split on what it indicates. It could be a town member just trying to be active with a read list or scum trying to get points by saying that other people are town.
Hmmm, yes, indeed, people might be scum or town. Good observation.

Sorian

Banned
There are still some people that haven't checked in st all. That brothers me.

This bothers me more though.

VOTE: StarSketch

Star will have to be scum at some point I'm sure but this feels like such a wasted vote and borders on lazy depending on how well you know Star (I know you at least played with her in DR3). Lack of activity is literally her MO.

*Splinter

I think that's a vote-worthy defense

VOTE: Kalor

Sorian

Banned
Dunno why you felt the need to respond to that post of mine in behalf of Lifeline :p Life might have removed that vote due to that or something else, yes.

Hmmm, yes, indeed, people might be scum or town. Good observation.

Kalor continues to be super wishy washy, Fire continues to cut through bullshit. Shame on the first, kudos for the second.

Kalor

I think that's a vote-worthy defense

VOTE: Kalor

I realised it could be construed as a defense when I was typing it but Lifeline was hardly going to come back and say that they felt threatened by the single vote. Even if I was scum I would leave them to talk for themselves. There's no point defending teammates on the first day since it just brings suspicion on you.

Fireblend

Banned
I realised it could be construed as a defense when I was typing it but Lifeline was hardly going to come back and say that they felt threatened by the single vote. Even if I was scum I would leave them to talk for themselves. There's no point defending teammates on the first day since it just brings suspicion on you.

So why, if even as scum you would have let them speak for themselves, did you not let them do so here?

There are still some people that haven't checked in st all. That brothers me.

This bothers me more though.

VOTE: StarSketch

not-this-shit-again_fb_1224286.jpg

Kalor

So why, if even as scum you would have let them speak for themselves, did you not let them do so here?

I didn't write that post intending to speak for them. I saw your post and thought I would at least mention why people have unvoted after getting voted themselves in the past. I also hadn't posted since the start of the day and didn't have much to say about anything else going on so it gave me something to post about.

Okay, rereading and putting down thoughts:

@Fat4all - sorry if I seemed actually bothered by the avatar or anything, it was meant as an offhand joke :p

@Sorian - It is always sort of curious how you react to people who talk about ("defend") you to other players. I have seen it in several games now. It is like you see even a single explanatory comment as trying to score Sorian-points or something. Weird.

@acohrs - (post 161) I am just curious, if you were still typing your post, why have the "That's all I have for now folks! Oh, except for one more"? You're typing, not talking. Not a #scumtell or anythin, just curious.

@'batfam' (the term) - please let's not make this a thing. It's not a thing.

@Faddy's 'dont implicate me' post - I thought it was pretty clearly a joke? I mean "clearly shows evidence"? On D1? I am doubt he is serious.

@rng votes - plz no

Guess that's it? Also I am leaving work shortly. Should/might be around later this evening and tomorrow.

Faddy

Banned

@Fat4all - sorry if I seemed actually bothered by the avatar or anything, it was meant as an offhand joke :p

@Sorian - It is always sort of curious how you react to people who talk about ("defend") you to other players. I have seen it in several games now. It is like you see even a single explanatory comment as trying to score Sorian-points or something. Weird.

@acohrs - (post 161) I am just curious, if you were still typing your post, why have the "That's all I have for now folks! Oh, except for one more"? You're typing, not talking. Not a #scumtell or anythin, just curious.

@Faddy's 'dont implicate me' post - I thought it was pretty clearly a joke? I mean "clearly shows evidence"? On D1? I am doubt he is serious.

@rng votes - plz no

Guess that's it? Also I am leaving work shortly. Should/might be around later this evening and tomorrow.

What am I even reading here?

Also batfam is now canon.

Verelios

Like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing.

UNVOTE: achors.
You didn't explain why you unvoted Acohrs, so I'm going to shoot out some hypotheses and you can hit them down or let them up. Were you not entirely sure about your read direction, kind of unsure as time went by, or as Kalor mentioned, was it a reaction towards getting heat (vote/attention) on you?
I didn't write that post intending to speak for them. I saw your post and thought I would at least mention why people have unvoted after getting voted themselves in the past. I also hadn't posted since the start of the day and didn't have much to say about anything else going on so it gave me something to post about.
Usually, when someone unvotes as a reaction to town pressure or a vote on them, I'm more likely to believe their initial vote was just fluffed up activity to seem town and not a vote with much thought behind it. Here, I'm okay with giving the benefit of doubt since they're new, but for others, not so much.

acohrs

/QUOTE]

dunno, felt like writing it to be a bit offbeat. Did you like it?

What am I even reading here?

I used "guess that's it" cause I was at the end of a thead reread. I didn't continue actual game thoughts.

Acohrs basically did
That's it
Oh yeah

Which I thought was weird. Looking back at it now, it was probably to separate actual game thoughts (1 and 2) from a joke read (3)?

dunno, felt like writing it to be a bit offbeat. Did you like it?
You have to live with the shame of the broken quote.

Fair enough. Some people type stream of consciousness same as some people speak that way. Unless I'm running out the door (or on mobile) I usually try to go watch my posts since I can't edit.

Faddy

Banned
I used "guess that's it" cause I was at the end of a thead reread. I didn't continue actual game thoughts.

Acohrs basically did
That's it
Oh yeah

Which I thought was weird. Looking back at it now, it was probably to separate actual game thoughts (1 and 2) from a joke read (3)?

But what if you had guessed wrong and you had more thoughts?

Sorian

Banned

@rng votes - plz no

I'm confused what I'm reading here. Not much of it really had to do with the game. I mean, even my section is just something you wanted to point out about my overall character but with no meaning behind it. Faddy's was probably the only semi serious section.

Top Bottom