• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best sidekicks in gaming

Ferrio

Banned
Playing Ni no Kuni has reminded me of how great it feels to have an interesting, charismatic foil to the main character in a game - someone to bring out the best aspects of the main character while still being a great character in their own right. Mr. Drippy's casual worldliness, excellent dub/localization, and unusual appearance leave me eagerly awaiting the next voiced cutscene where I can hear his Welsh brogue. No one else I'd rather have at my side than this weird guy.

3.jpg

It's so easy for this type of character (the talkative guide) to be annoying as hell, but they really hit it out of the ballpark with him. Can already tell he's going to be my favorite character of the year.

Tidy!

ebil

Sophia Hapgood. The phony scéance has to be one the most fantastic moments in the history of adventure gaming.
Glad you posted this. I loved their chemistry throughout the game.

Also (second half of Portal 2 spoilers)
Potato GLaDOS made me laugh a lot.

mantidor

Tatl.

She didn't even had a voice over, just a jingle, but it managed to be more expressive than Navi, somehow. Midna is up there too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That boy:

Daxter1.png

I think, yes, has to be this... well written, very entertaining, and his animation while riding around on Jak was really really great stuff.

Daxter hit on all phases... and then he was able to carry his own PSP game, which turned out to be one of the best on the system.

REYN from Xenoblade Chronicles

No mentions?
This guy ALWAYS has your back, at least up to the 20 hour mark, where I'm at! He defends your visions and your missions and keeps it all lighthearted. I've never liked a musclehead so much.

Totally agree - Drippy is great! God bless the Welsh!

This thread makes me think more of the side-kicks I've found annoying than the great ones, though. Is that par for the course?

DrPirate

Banned
Good answers in this thread.

I'm going with Agro as well though.

I can't really think of a better sidekick than him.

Top Bottom